perceptions of asexuality as deviance

Elf people

VivreEstEsperer

ooh yes carpal tunnel would definitely not bode well for posting. so great that you met a like minded person though!!

Kate

Sunfell,

Thanks for the explanation and tips. I've been the subject of a betting pool too! I didn't know until after leaving the job. The Eyebrow and the Stare. Hmmm, boy do I need lessons!

even in one as uninteresting as I am- and gloomy projections into the future depicting a crazed old woman with 20 cats

Lol, I don't find you uninteresting at all. How strange that they do, I thought you rather stood out.

Ah yes, crazed old woman with 20 cats... that was my prediction for my own future! Heh, it's really not all that gloomy :)

Eh, the people I told just flat out didn't believe me.

Heh- I'll probably be the crazed old woman with two cats and twenty computers and a home defense system that will make me a neighborhood legend.

"Get out of my yard before I hack into your network and delete all your games!"

Sunfell

• 2 months later...

Well spoken. Being of that age I also feel the way that you do.

The pressure is off. The "normals" around you have been married and divorced at least once. The ones that survive are bored by sex and would prefer to play golf or go out away from each other. They can relate to someone who "doesn't" and in some ways wished they didn't when they were younger.

I don't think that I've even 'come out' as asexual- it is part of who and what I am.

I am more than a label- even that of 'asexual'. It is what I am, Sunfell

That leaves me with myself and my cat. Bliss and peace.

Archived