Do you drink alcohol?

The A Life Team

42 members have voted

1. 1. Well, do you?

• Yes
    • No

FrozenCherry

:o We are friend!! watch ur friend list! :P hehehe! :)

Thank goddesses from Aven! At least now I can see dreams and imagine I hang out with people :lol:

And I bet my date and my cake that is fun :P hehe!!

About the topic... I started drinking when I was 3 years old maybe less (dont tell my parents shhuuuuu) lol, so... i had enough, no kidding this time! :o I even keep a picture of me on diaper in a party with someone... :ph34r: and I was stealing beer :blink:

Haha I have picture of my granny age almost 90 which drinks straight from the bottle behind window.. After that my sis went behind same window and drank from the same bottle.. I am just taking my daily Aven joints...

Guest Invisible Pumpkin

:o We are friend!! watch ur friend list! :P hehehe! :)

Thank goddesses from Aven! At least now I can see dreams and imagine I hang out with people :lol:

And I bet my date and my cake that is fun :P hehe!!

About the topic... I started drinking when I was 3 years old maybe less (dont tell my parents shhuuuuu) lol, so... i had enough, no kidding this time! :o I even keep a picture of me on diaper in a party with someone... :ph34r: and I was stealing beer :blink:

Haha I have picture of my granny age almost 90 which drinks straight from the bottle behind window.. After that my sis went behind same window and drank from the same bottle.. I am just taking my daily Aven joints...

:o that sound so like me when kid! lol

Due to some experiences in my childhood, I find nothing more disturbing than alcohol. So no, I don't drink.

I also think it's ridiculous that my peers make fun of me for not likeing it.

Guest Invisible Pumpkin

Due to some experiences in my childhood, I find nothing more disturbing than alcohol. So no, I don't drink.

Oh! a supporting cake for you! I have been there too, people who tend to push you to drink and think you are less fun because you don't do it, are the ones that need an extra help to be fun, I don't need it! :lol:

Vampyremage

Oh! a supporting cake for you! I have been there too, people who tend to push you to drink and think you are less fun because you don't do it, are the ones that need an extra help to be fun, I don't need it! :lol:

I can definitely relate to both of you. I don't even like to be around drunk people, let alone drink myself. I don't have any moral problems with it, it just makes me uncomfortable to be around. Usually the way I deal with it is just by leaving parties early, before people start to get visibly intoxicated. It doesn't bother me to be around people casually drinking to get a buzz and open up socially, just when I begin to visibly see the effects that alcohol has on people.

I can definitely relate to both of you. I don't even like to be around drunk people, let alone drink myself. I don't have any moral problems with it, it just makes me uncomfortable to be around. Usually the way I deal with it is just by leaving parties early, before people start to get visibly intoxicated. It doesn't bother me to be around people casually drinking to get a buzz and open up socially, just when I begin to visibly see the effects that alcohol has on people.

I relate to all of you (with a caveat that I actually have moral problems with those who expose children to drunken behaviour, and those who wilfully put themselves into a state where they are likely to do something foolish to hurt themselves or others). Quite aside from all that, the smell and taste of alcohol revolts me.

Do you know though, I am very lucky - all of my friends are extremely responsible with their drink. They get "merry", but they never allow themselves to get drunk. And they never pressure me to drink. They'll offer me a drink, I'll say "I don't drink", they say "Okay", and that's the end of that. To be honest, until I met my current gang of friends, due to my childhood experiences I honestly had no idea it was possible for people to be so restrained with their alcohol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

NO! To expand on that: I have tried it a few times & it's just so... Insert adjective here_______.

And seeing first hand what it does to people (as a kid, every adult I knew drank. And my parents and aunts & uncles etc etc, still drink), has, in part, turned me off alochol. The main thing being was when I drank too fast once & the consquences were awful. And due to that, I vowed to myself to never drink again. And I haven't since. And that was August 6th, 2005.

Socially with friends a few times a year. I hate the taste of it, but getting mildly tipsy can be fun if you're with friends. I take care not to go beyond tipsy; being smashed is noooo fun.

Up until Tuesday 2 weeks ago I would have said no- I have never drank alcohol, but that night I had a glass of wine (which tasted like crap and I would rather have a lemonade), so now I guess I cant say I dont drink. Its not something I would do often though.

drgreen19's piece of advice #0001: Never ever drink alcohol, when with a group. Seriously, a lot accidents can occur this way, especially when everyone has had a little too much to drink. :ph34r:

Either way, Alcohol is seriously overvalued within *shudders* my age group. Getting drunk on the weekends has never, and will most likely never be on my "To do List".

I'm Asian, so I get affect by the Asian Blush. It's basically a condition where you can't digest alcohol (more prominent with people of Asian descent, as you can tell from the name). I have tried drinking a bit more, but it was pretty unpleasant ><;;

I do appreciate the taste of certain alcohols though, so I take sips. I don't mind being with my friends when they're drinking, as long as they stay only slightly tipsy. The moment they all get shit-faced it becomes very awkward to be the only one sober.

I'm Asian, so I get affect by the Asian Blush. It's basically a condition where you can't digest alcohol (more prominent with people of Asian descent, as you can tell from the name). I have tried drinking a bit more, but it was pretty unpleasant ><;;

I do appreciate the taste of certain alcohols though, so I take sips. I don't mind being with my friends when they're drinking, as long as they stay only slightly tipsy. The moment they all get shit-faced it becomes very awkward to be the only one sober.

Is it really? No one in my family has had this issue, and the people who drink, do it perfectly fine?

I always thought it was something more of a rumour more than anything.

(I'm also Asian)

iirc, about half of Asians get the Asian Flush, so not all Asians react that way.

I've definitely seen a couple Asians get completely red in the face after only drinking a little alcohol.

Yeah, this isn't to say that all Asians can't digest alcohol. My dad loves drinking wine (usually drinks one glass at dinner) and he can hold his liquor. I honestly have never seen my dad drunk or red-faced from drinking, although he is mostly a social drinker. My brother can also hold his liquor, but again he doesn't drink that much to begin with.

I've also read that it doesn't stop some people from drinking. I don't remember how other people dealt with it, but I think I read that some people would take some alka-seltzer to reduce the redness?

I do remember that those with Asian Blush whom choose not to drink are exponentially less likely to become alcoholics. I wonder why.... :rolleyes:

I only drink when I don't have to pay XD ...And that basically makes me a social drinker. I don't drink very often though, maybe a couple times a year. I have bit of a grape allergy and I process alcohol really quickly, so I never really get to enjoy being drunk. On the plus side, no hangover no matter how much I drink.

My version of the Asian Blush goes away with anti-histamine :)

I drink socially (a glass of wine at dinner etc) but I rarely get pissed. It happens like once every 6 months that I go down to the pub and get wasted, and I always regret it the day after lol.

• 3 weeks later...

As of today, I'm officially quitting for what I am aiming for at least six months. The reasons for why I am deciding to abstain from Alcohol is in part to growing pains on either end, so I'm technically reverting back to Straight Edge, I guess. :unsure:

Flying Hazels

Nope. I'm certain I hold a rare distinction (amongst my classmates) for dealing with the difficulties, stresses and trivialities of college without a single drink/drop of alcohol.

Very seldom. To be honest, I don't like the taste of most alcoholic drinks; And now when I drink a 1/2 glass of wine I'm feeling already drunk. And I am afraid of drunken people, they get fast aggressive. Therefore I devote myself to tea or coffee (with much milk).

Yes I do.

I drank a few vodka shots and ciders yesterday and Yes I am aware that yesterday was wednesday. I am 22 the legal drinking age is 18 so I can drink and I will when I feel like shit.

I never drink myself under the table, I don't find alcohol that appealing I consider it quite overrated.

I can't drink alcohol as alcoholism runs on both sides of my family and I enjoy the taste of alcohol (just alcohol, not even a specific drink) too much for my own well-being.

Janus the Fox

Yes I do, but significantly cut down because of health problems.

I enjoy a drink now and then, but never enough to get drunk, if it is not available I will not miss it.

I drink a lot and alone.

Yesterday had a bottle of wine all to myself, plus a beer in a half. ... was so hydrated this morning! D:

My favorite thing to do is go out for a drink and dessert. Do I think I'm a alcoholic, no but I probably am, at least according to a survey. Though I don't get drunk often and don't drink daily like many other people I know.

I don't smoke or do drugs so allow me my sweet wine~.

Certainly not!!! .................... I have it intravenously :)

Archived