Do you drink alcohol?

The A Life Team

42 members have voted

1. 1. Well, do you?

• Yes
    • No

My answer is NO

I actually dislike alcohol

I have a couple of glasses of wine with dinner every night, but I don't drink to get drunk. I don't like how it makes me feel, especially since it seems to interfere with my sleep. I guess I'm your classic moderate drinker.

InfiniteConciousness

Yes and usually in copious amounts. I don't do moderation drinking and will usually aim to get tipsy and on a really big night I most likely will get drunk.

I only drink once or twice a week because it an interfere with my appetite big time

No, I'm not really a huge fan of it. I do on rare occasions though.

• 4 weeks later...
Vampyremage

Never had a drop of alcohol and probably never will.

I've had at the most sipps of alcohol in my life, but I do not drink at all. I do not like the smell or taste of it. Besides smoking, drinking alcohol is something I do not want to develop an addiction to.

Pandora's Fox

I do not. I also haven't aside from a little a few new year's ago and tasting some even further back.

OurLittleMiracles

I have a high tolerance. I enjoy becoming buzzed and such, but the following experience gives me a headache and drains me of energy for a few days (the intoxication itself). Overall, not a really enjoyable experience.

I don´t drink alcohol. I dislike its taste and smell. Only one alcoholic drink which is not so bad is beer, but there are many more tasteful drinks, such as tea or coffee.

I love rock and metal festivals, but I hate one thing about them: all those drunk guys, who are trying to fu*k me. And if I were as drunk as they are, they would probably succeed. Bleah! :wacko:

Vampyremage

I don´t drink alcohol. I dislike its taste and smell. Only one alcoholic drink which is not so bad is beer, but there are many more tasteful drinks, such as tea or coffee.

I love rock and metal festivals, but I hate one thing about them: all those drunk guys, who are trying to fu*k me. And if I were as drunk as they are, they would probably succeed. Bleah! :wacko:

Oh man, drunk idiots trying to grope you from behind at metal shows are the worst, aren't they?

I drink almost every Saturday at my bestie's house. Most of the time, I am just highly buzzed by the end of the night but the past few times I have been pretty hammered thanks to discovering the magic that is soju. I also love beer but not your standard beers. I prefer craftsmen beers. I'd say the most 'mainstream' beer I drink is Guiness. Mmm.. Guiness.. When I am at a bar, though, I drink Long Island Iced Teas since they are normally the same price as the other drinks but I don't have to drink as many. Fun fact: my best friend and I take on either Russian or British accents when we drink. I don't know why. It just always happens.

Grossness below!

I actually threw up in my bestie's kitchen sink last sushi night because I had three bottle of soju. I was kind enough to remove all the dishes before I did it, though. I'm a thoughtful drunk! Thankfully, throwing up has never bothered me. I puke and then just go about my business as usual.

i can out drink a russian man.......not a good thing, am one of the most expensive drunk i know.

I will never drink. Too many traumatic experiences involving alcohol in my childhood for me to even consider it or have any remote interest in it.

if there are people who use alcohol to excess in order to deal with distressing things, it's because they genuinely don't have any other way of dealing with them.

That's just the thing though; alcohol typically *doesn't* deal with the problem. It's just a means of ignoring the problem, and oftentimes letting it become worse.

It'd be akin to say... me having a metric shit ton of homework to do, and getting so stressed out about it that I decide to go play some video games instead. That kind of action would not fly with most (responsible) parents; they would tell their kids to get the homework done before they get to play anything. If you ask me, that's kind of a double standard (at least, if they're also the kind of people who will go out and get drunk to "deal" with their stress/problems, which my parents did/do)

This is also why I tend to have a negative opinion toward things like antidepressants. These never worked for me, and I already knew the reason why -- popping some pill doesn't do anything to magically fix whatever it was that's causing your depression in the first place. Those problem(s) are still there. They are what need to be dealt with in order for the depression to subside.

So far, I can count on one hand the number of times I've drank (5). I am not a "drinker" but I will have some wine or a daqari on special occasions, such as my birthday, Thanksgiving, Easter, or Christmas or New Years. On these occasions I'll have no more than two drinks. Other than that, I don't drink.

AnyOtherName

I voted yes. I've got another month and a half before I'm 21, but I tried a few drinks when I was outside the U.S. where the age limit was lower. I determined that I like fruity, low-alcohol drinks and despise Japanese plumb wine. (Ugh.)

I like the idea of having the occasional drink and finding kinds I like, but I already know I'm not a partier. My friends tell me I should 'loosen up', that getting drunk would be good for me. I don't WANT to 'loosen up', self-control is important to me. (I'm barely in charge when I'm sober sometimes thanks to how quickly I can get emotional.) I'm capable of enjoying myself without being drunk, I know I would regret or at least be embarrassed about it the next day, and I'm just not comfortable around drunk people.

I basically view drinking culture the same way I view sex- I don't mind other people doing it so long as they do it away from me, and I might try it myself here and there at my own pace, but for the most part it's an obsession I don't understand.

• 3 weeks later...
FrozenCherry

I dont drink alcohol, so if you see me all over around acting a bit crazy, its just me :huh: :P :lol:

I like you even more :D :lol: :P I am same and not any kind of drugs to spoil my crazyness, I want it to be genuine and become straight from my heart :cake:

the Lady Ashuko

No. Any alcohol tastes to me like rubbing alcohol or perfume, NOT appealing.

Basically no. I mean, I will sometimes have a few chocolate brandy beans around X-mas. AND MAYBE a couple times a year, a sip or two of wine.

Part of why I avoid alcohol is...it makes me very sick. I don't process it well. My heart races on even an ounce.

The other reason is...I know it reduces my anxiety and I could easily become...someone who used it to quell anxiety, and I DON'T want to go down that route.

At the same time, the only thing I like about alcohol is the warmth I feel after I drink it, and of course, the fact that it dulls anxiety IF I am anxious. If I am calm, I have absolutely no draw, and that to me is a big red flag, so I just avoid it and try reading, listening to music, running, or even getting an early bedtime if I'm feeling that jittery. Yeah.

Now COFFEE. I drink coffee every day. ;)

Guest Invisible Pumpkin

I dont drink alcohol, so if you see me all over around acting a bit crazy, its just me :huh: :P :lol:

I like you even more :D :lol: :P I am same and not any kind of drugs to spoil my crazyness, I want it to be genuine and become straight from my heart :cake:

Lets have a crazy fun with dates and cake! :redface: hehehe :lol: You can understand me! :lol: not as some... that think I am to much WTF

FrozenCherry

Lets have a crazy fun with dates and cake! :redface: hehehe :lol: You can understand me! :lol: not as some... that think I am to much WTF

I am sooooooo WTF myself, lol ... Once I reached high up to WTF -thread and I was so elated :D :D :D I am happy to be crazy, that is only thing which keeps me up when I am down.... And when I am not :P

Guest Invisible Pumpkin

I am sooooooo WTF myself, lol ... Once I reached high up to WTF -thread and I was so elated :D :D :D I am happy to be crazy, that is only thing which keeps me up when I am down.... And when I am not :P

Oh Princess! I will follow your steps, :rolleyes: its seems to be a good way... to be! :lol:

Cheers Lets celebrate -_-

FrozenCherry

Oh Princess! I will follow your steps, :rolleyes: its seems to be a good way... to be! :lol:

:lol: Yeah, lets :cake: Cake is only friend we have, that is very lonely road :(

Guest Invisible Pumpkin

:lol: Yeah, lets :cake: Cake is only friend we have, that is very lonely road :(

:o We are friend!! watch ur friend list! :P hehehe! :)

FrozenCherry

Thank goddesses from Aven! At least now I can see dreams and imagine I hang out with people :lol:

Guest Invisible Pumpkin

Thank goddesses from Aven! At least now I can see dreams and imagine I hang out with people :lol:

And I bet my date and my cake that is fun :P hehe!!

About the topic... I started drinking when I was 3 years old maybe less (dont tell my parents shhuuuuu) lol, so... i had enough, no kidding this time! :o I even keep a picture of me on diaper in a party with someone... :ph34r: and I was stealing beer :blink:

Archived