Do any Asexuals kiss?

Gho St Ory Qwan

Nothing winds me up faster than the noises people make when, well, making out. I have no idea how I'd feel if I - or my partner - were making those noises but I daresay it would irritate me just the same

Yeah like dogs eating. Not romantic at all haha

Nothing winds me up faster than the noises people make when, well, making out. I have no idea how I'd feel if I - or my partner - were making those noises but I daresay it would irritate me just the same

Yeah like dogs eating. Not romantic at all haha

They make noises?

*adds to list of Things I Wish I Didn't Know*

No offence, anyone who enjoys that sort of thing!

I'm neutral to kissing; it's not bad, but if it lasts to long, I get bored. Not a fan of french kissing or any sort of tongue action. I can deal with it, but it's not preferred. I love to give little pecks on the cheek though. It's my way of showing affection to all my friends (whether they like it or not!) ^_^

I love kissing my friends on cheek too. Not all of them appreciate it, but it's just my way of showing affection to them. Some of them even kiss me back, which is always one to lighten me up. :)

Kiss on lips I can stand, if it doesn't last too long or make a horrible horrible sound. No tongues, they make me feel ill.

LittleNerdyGirl

I like kisses on the cheek, but the only time I've ever been kissed on the lips was... well, I can't say it was particularly pleasant or unpleasant. I know that I could feel where his lips had touched mine for what seemed like hours afterwards, and although I didn't actively hate the feeling, it certainly isn't something I'd be to interested in hunting out again just for the sake of it.

deletethisplease

i have a question. my partner and i like to be intimate (she is ace, i am demi) and we hug, hold hands, "cuddle", etc. we recently started the topic of kissing, and she says she doesn't really get it, or feel like she wants it. she says she doesn't understand it enough. maybe i could get some help explaining? i kiss her many times a day too. sorry to steal the topic =/

I'd definitely say it's a romantic attraction, at least for me. I've been in a relationship with a girl for almost three weeks now. Our relationship didn't evolve to this point till a week ago, prior to it was very careless and immature dating.

Making out with her is one of the primary highlights of our relationship, and it, especially as a emotional process, I find (at least for me) has nothing to do with sexual attraction or interest. My physical attraction to her extends to me finding her "cute".

I love the "Idea of kissing"

and tracing kisses over someones skin is fun as well

And i dont particularly mind tounge kissing I know sexuals seem to get something out of it so i tend to accomidate them in that aspect.

But still Ive just never been able to get over the whole sharing someones saliva....

:S

Something about the feeling of wet lips on my skin is just revolting. I don't enjoy mouth-kissing, regardless of how much I love the person. And using tongue is generally out of the question. I hate being licked or any other derivative of tongue/mouth to skin contact...

Except in one instance....the only thing that I can enjoy as far as kissing goes, are neck kisses. But they cannot be wet.

Kissing has never held any real emotional weight for me. It more or less just sort of means nothing.

Gho St Ory Qwan

i have a question. my partner and i like to be intimate (she is ace, i am demi) and we hug, hold hands, "cuddle", etc. we recently started the topic of kissing, and she says she doesn't really get it, or feel like she wants it. she says she doesn't understand it enough. maybe i could get some help explaining? i kiss her many times a day too. sorry to steal the topic =/

What do you require explaining? Sometimes kisses have no effect, like a handshake or something. =/ That's how I see it. It's incredibly rare that I enjoy a kiss, and I normally can't be bothered or am not sure how to participate. I suppose you're supposed to have endorphins released and such, maybe some of us rarely get that occurring?

if you're confused about it the best person to talk to is her though. Apparently a lot of people feel this way and at some point it's possible to just change, probably due to positive association to something else. I personally couldn't comment on that. :cake:

Gho St Ory Qwan

I love the "Idea of kissing"

[...]

But still Ive just never been able to get over the whole sharing someones saliva....

:S

Interestingly when someone surprise kisses me (that almost sounds friendly doesn't it?) I generally forget about spit, germs etc. I think it's a coping mechanism. I am worried about getting infections, them having mouth ulcers or cuts which risk me getting an STI or Aids if they have it.

I think if I thought of all of these things while getting attack kisses I'd hyperventilate and pass out. I have once had a germ related panic attack. >.<;

(Slight germ issue...)

My first kiss was also my last kiss. I thought it was going to be a really awesome, movie-like moment, but I didn't like it at all. :/ I'm not sure if I want to do that again.

I like good movie scenes and photos of people kissing, but I feel uncomfortable when people start kissing and getting funky right next to me. Like... What the hell.

I have no consistent desire to kiss.

Sometimes I like it, and at other times, I can't tolerate it.

I like kissing & cuddling, I like the physical contact, everything that goes with a relationship, but I have absolutely no interest in sexual intercourse, that is the only part of a relationship that I feel no need to participate in, I am quite happy to live without ever having sex, I have no sex drive at all, I look at women, I still have a strong desire for female company, I would be happy to have a partner, but I wouldn't want to have a sexual relationship.

Crazy Cat Lady

I really like soft, slow lip kisses with someone I'm attracted to. French kissing, I am mostly o.k. with, but I find soft, slow kisses really nice. I should also add that I also enjoy neck, cheek, and most anywhere else neck and above. :)

My very first kiss was a huge French kiss, and I was a little taken aback! I hadn't expected that right off. Now, I was in my early 20s, and I'm sure he had no idea I'd never been on a date or kissed anyone before that. (There was never a 2nd date, either).

I like pecks. Short kisses on the lips, cheek, forehead, hand, etc.

However any other kiss I would not feel comfortable participating in. I can't even look at them on TV or in a movie.

I'm going to copypasta something that I posted in another thread:

Kissing is a cultural construct, not something that comes naturally to humans. The lack of an impulse to kiss anyone, or the lack of getting any particular physical or emotional "kick" from doing so, is meaningless.
Gho St Ory Qwan

I'm going to copypasta something that I posted in another thread:

Kissing is a cultural construct, not something that comes naturally to humans. The lack of an impulse to kiss anyone, or the lack of getting any particular physical or emotional "kick" from doing so, is meaningless.

True but because its one of the sensitive spots on the body it can often arouse a positive feeling. Apparently its the same with the wrists too.

Yes, I think the wrists must be sensitive too. I love when someone strokes my wrists and inside of the arm :)

Gho St Ory Qwan

Yes, I think the wrists must be sensitive too. I love when someone strokes my wrists and inside of the arm :)

Yeah same. X3

I'm suddenly reminded of the Enterprise episode in which Trip got pregnant and grew nipples on his wrists...

xyrillians4.jpg

That episode was hilarious.

But being that the race of the woman who got him pregnant was reptilian-looking, why would he need nipples? Why did she have breasts?!

This is why I hate most sci-fi >.>

I kissed 'passionately' once and although it wasn't bad and I like to think I know enough to know he wasn't a particularly bad kisser (and neither was I), it wasn't anything special either. It felt like doing something I was expected to do, and wasn't anywhere near as nice as a simple, closed-mouthed kiss. I could get behind that kind of kissing, yeah! A kiss to mean 'You mean something to me', yeah! But all that licking and swirling and swivelling is just oral innuendo, a recipe for a meal I'm not prepared to serve up.

I like kissing, it's sweet. Just not when it becomes prolonged, which is boring, or when the other person tries to bring it up a notch obviously. =P

That episode was hilarious.

But being that the race of the woman who got him pregnant was reptilian-looking, why would he need nipples?

Is there some reason why mammary glands and reptilian skin would be mutually exclusive, especially for an alien species?

Why did she have breasts?!

Maybe they're vestigial. After all, don't male humans have nipples too?

This is why I hate most sci-fi >.>

Three space shows that you should definitely give a try are Firefly/Serenity (best watched while epically wasted), the new Battlestar Galactica, and the first season of Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda, plus a few select episodes from seasons 2 and 3 ("Into the Labyrinth" and "Bunker Hill" are some Season 2 highlights, and "The Lone and Level Sands", "The Unconquerable Man", and "Day of Judgment, Day of Wrath" are some outstanding season 3 eps).

I like kissing, it's sweet. Just not when it becomes prolonged, which is boring, or when the other person tries to bring it up a notch obviously. =P

Indeed, this is exactly how I feel on the subject.

I don't like wet kisses, but I seem to have the normal reaction about closed mouth kisses. I've never had the chance with another person, but (and this will sound pathetic), I do find stuffed animals cute, and do feel compelled to kiss a little stuffed moose on it's little stitched lips.

Kissing is ok for me, I don't love it, but I'm neutral about it, except if I start thinking about it or it involves tongue, in which case EWWWWWWW GET AWAY!

I do however think kisses in photos and movies are kinda sweet and I don't get as disgusted.

I'll pass on the kissing. I will do a double kiss on the cheek...maybe a smooch on the lips, but get saliva and tongue involved you will see a hollow shape of my body on the door.