Do any Asexuals kiss?

I was just wondering out of curiosity, are there any Asexuals who feel a desire to kiss eash other - what I meas to say is: is kissing part of a Romantic or Sensual Attraction, or is it something no Asexuals feel a want to do, like having sex? (because of no Sexual Attraction) ;) .

I like kissing on the lips, as well as lots and lots of nibbles, but the texture of tongue-on-tongue just squicks me. o.O

Personally, I don't like kissing as in making out, it just feels weird. I don't mind just a kiss on the lips if I feel comfortable with the person though.

It varies a lot if an ace person likes to kiss, some doesn't like it at all, some don't mind it, while others enjoy kissing.

i have never kissed anyone on the mouth or been kissed by anyone on the mouth

people have kissed me on the cheek though which i didn't like

I actually love to kiss though I prefer "ordinary kisses" on the lips and not tongue-kisses (though I am not disgusted by them - just neutral).

Yes they do my dear OP Quite.gif

I prefer on the lips than making out and tongue action :rolleyes:

I haven't felt any emotion that would have driven me to desire to kiss anyone. I haven't felt the kind of attraction that would have compelled me to do so. In answer to your question, I don't know whether the desire to kiss is part of romantic or sensual (aesthetic?) attraction, but I suppose it could be part of either.

Curiou§olo

Kissing is a very touchy subject for me because it means everything or it means nothing. I place myself on the gray-A spectrum somewhere, basically romantic demisexual-ish. I'm capable of sexual attraction and enjoyment of sexual things, but only with someone I've first known, admired, and trusted for a very long time. And even then, might not be the right person, and still won't happen. I've been celibate almost 7 years now because I haven't found another "right person". I've discovered romantic attachment and sexual attraction are extremely rare things for me. It seems I could never get past a first or second date with someone new , because once any guy I barely know starts to want that goodnight kiss/first kiss I will basically be turned off BIG time. I am absolutely repulsed by it, which doesn't tend to go over well. It's a thing in our culture that a person you go on a date with can expect a kiss by the second, if not the first, date. This is a no-can-do for me for at least a period of many weeks, if not months or even years.

On the other hand, in my limited past experience, if I ever get to the point with a special guy friend where I start to fantasize about kissing him, then I've moved into a place where I have grown to love and trust him and where sex might be a future possibility. I will obsess about kissing that someone I'm thus attracted to, but will tend to be shy and want him to be the one to initiate that. If it happens with the right person in that way, then kissing feels absolutely amazing. That said, no kisses for me in many years now. And I do miss that feeling.

• Like 1
Gho St Ory Qwan

Yes they do my dear OP Quite.gif

I prefer on the lips than making out and tongue action :rolleyes:

lol I love this picture. XD And yes, I agree. Of course some asexuals do.

Like many I can stomach pecks; that's about it. But I have some reasons. I'm sure there are some asexuals who'd like sloppy kisses too.

Kissing is a strange one for me. If I really really like the person, then I don't mind, and in fact can quite enjoy pecks on the lips. French kissing, as a general rule, I hate. Most of the time it just feels awkward and unpleasant, though again it depends on the person- with one of my exs I really did not mind french kissing as long as it wasn't every kiss we shared, while with my other ex I really could not stand it. It all comes down to how comfortable I am with the person and how comfortable they are with me.

Kisses on the cheek, I absolutely despise though. They tend to come from acquaintances and stuff, so are not necessarily people I am 100% comfortable being around, let alone allowing them into my 'personal bubble.' That was the one thing I hated about being in France- everyone seemed to greet each other (especially women) with a kiss on either cheek (or sometimes 3 or 4 depending on the individual.) It really made me uncomfortable and nervous but since it was a cultural thing, I couldn't really object. I much preferred the occasions when they couldn't tell my gender or thought I was male as they would just settle for a handshake. Mind you that was also awkward and uncomfortable, but far less so than the cheek-kissing thing.

So yeah, liking kissing is a purely individual thing- some asexuals like it, others don't. Much like some sexuals like it and others don't.

I consider myself A/A (that is, I almost never the need for sex or romance) and I absolutely love kissing. It's really all in how you define your boundaries. To me, kissing can be a delightful shared experience; a natural extension of a hug or even a well-intentioned handshake. In my mind, however, I've decoupled it from romance. That is, I can passionately kiss someone without having it meaning I want a desire for romance or sex with them, if that makes any sense.

RB

SASE Icecream man

I'm pretty sure the majority of asexuals don't mind or like kissing, just not tounge. There are some that don't mind tongue, as I've read.

I consider myself a homo-romantic ace, and I truly enjoy kissing. I think that tongue kissing is an expression of my passion for life, (not necessarily sex)and for me, it deepens the spiritual and romantic connection I have with another person. French kissing is indeed high on my list of musts and can even make or break a relationship for me. I will concede though, that it's been almost downright impossible to find a romantic partner who is willing to just let a kiss be a kiss, with nothing more. I'll keep trying, though.

Gho St Ory Qwan

I'm biased. I've never had anything more than a peck sort of kiss from people I like. They're nice and within a comfort zone. Friends can give them relatively easily with me. But anything more has always been from pushy people I wasn't interested in. So I know I'm extremely biased. But those events left a bad taste in my mouth. (That pun wasn't intended.)

I've kissed a couple people and didn't enjoy it at all. I've never felt the need or want to kiss someone. I'm kinda grossed out buy it.

I think quite a few asexuals like kissing and cuddling and such, but I have no real desire for it. To me it's like holding hands or putting an arm around the person while sitting with each other - I feel no instinctual need or want for them, but if the person I'm with likes them I'd easily compromise (I feel happier when she's happier :P ). Sex, of course, is a whole 'nother field.

I happen to relish kissing like a sexual relishes sex with a loved one. Massages fit under the first category as well. I don't mind tongue kisses if done with proper intent not lustfully, but neck kisses throw into dizzy in love mode...

I find kisses an intimate thing, save the dry cheek ones. Which I actually dislike. I prefer to lip kiss boyfriends and hug friends and family members.

Really depends on my mood. Most of time though, apart from sex, I'm pretty much the touchy type. ;)

I love kissing my boyfriend, making out is fine i really don't mind it. I don't think i could be in a relationship if i couldn't kiss the person i love romantically :lol: It's not much of a sexual thing, not really any sensual stuff, just I love them. It's how i show my affection sometimes, or they're talking too much so i just shut them up that way.

Yes. I prefer giving a peck on the lips or kiss on the neck to full on making out tongue stuff. My boyfriend enjoys it and after a while it's pretty fun for me, too. I don't desire it, per se, but I still enjoy it.

I can't stand anything beyond a peck on the cheek now and again, but I think 'most' of the romantic asexuals whom I've met (not that I've met many...) like kissing, or at least don't mind it. Everyone's different :)

Well, I'm not really asexual (more along the lines of demi) but I do most certainly enjoy kisses. French kisses aren't exactly my favorite thing in the world, especially if it's too forceful or just generally lasting too long. But I wouldn't want a life without them tho'...

I think my favorite must be a slow mouth-to-mouth kiss, not much tongue action needed, where you really get time to breathe each other in. Those are magical. :wub:

I've never really kissed anyone before, but I think I would if I was romantically attracted to them, as long as there are no tongues involved.

I like kisses, but not the kind that would be considered making out.

No-tongue kisses, kisses on the nose/cheek/forehead/ear/neck/wherever -- totally okay.

Kisses with tongue -- EW WHAT IS THAT GET IT AWAY. Extremely awkward and I'm always afraid of accidentally biting the person's tongue.

Nothing winds me up faster than the noises people make when, well, making out. I have no idea how I'd feel if I - or my partner - were making those noises but I daresay it would irritate me just the same

I actually love to kiss though I prefer "ordinary kisses" on the lips and not tongue-kisses (though I am not disgusted by them - just neutral).

I agree with this! I only let my boyfriend kiss me on the lips, which I enjoy sometimes (though not in a sexual way, it's a way I can show him I love him). Anyone else, it's kiss on the cheeks only and I always feel extremely uncomfortable if they try to kiss me on the lips. Even if it's family members who have tried to kiss me on the lips in the past.

Right, I'm more demi than ace but for what it's worth: I like kisses as I see them as completely non sexual and a great way to show someone you love them. As with Mad_Hatter, unlike hugs which are free with me to anyone willing to be hugged, kisses are reserved for the most special person in my life ;)

I love kissing, its something I really enjoy, because its a way to portray love for someone and has a romantic feel to it, but any more grosses me out!

I'm neutral to kissing; it's not bad, but if it lasts to long, I get bored. Not a fan of french kissing or any sort of tongue action. I can deal with it, but it's not preferred. I love to give little pecks on the cheek though. It's my way of showing affection to all my friends (whether they like it or not!) ^_^