shaking uncontrollably when things got very intimate?

InkedElephant

What the hell is Vegemite? I just took some vitamin pills and a crazy* amount of Librium.

*this was the day when I learned that sufficient doses of Librium can make me very, very emotionally unstable

Vegemite is a yeast-based spread, high in vitamin B and iron, that sounds, looks and smells revolting, but that nevertheless is a beloved staple of the Australian breakfast, generally enjoyed spread thinly (this is the part visiting Americans often don't get - they try to apply it like peanut butter or jam and then wonder why anyone would eat something so horrifying; it's very strongly flavoured and savoury in taste*, so the trick is to apply it in moderation - just a scrape over hot, buttery bread is the ideal, and then it's quite gorgeous) on toast or, occasionally, with cheddar cheese in sandwiches, or served like a relish with slabs of roast beef, cold or hot. Supposedly, it can also be dissolved in hot water and drunk as a restorative tonic, but I don't know anyone who does this; I think it might be more of a Baby Boomer Generation thing.

P.

*It has been my experience of the American - and, to a lesser degree, Canadian - palate that they tend to have an overdeveloped sweet tooth, particularly with regards to breakfast foods (such as the popularity of serving savoury foods with a sweet accent e.g. sausages and bacon in maple syrup), and tend to be a little taken aback at the savoury flavour of Vegemite. One traveler, a visiting student when I was in high school, described the taste experience as being "perverse, like eating mustard for breakfast".

Stormy Wether

*It has been my experience of the American - and, to a lesser degree, Canadian - palate that they tend to have an overdeveloped sweet tooth, particularly with regards to breakfast foods (such as the popularity of serving savoury foods with a sweet accent e.g. sausages and bacon in maple syrup), and tend to be a little taken aback at the savoury flavour of Vegemite. One traveler, a visiting student when I was in high school, described the taste experience as being "perverse, like eating mustard for breakfast".

Yes I tried a couple of USA cake recipes and they were way too sweet even for cake. Then I tried an American baked beans recipe and the result was "bloody hell, I wanted dinner not dessert".

Yes I tried a couple of USA cake recipes and they were way too sweet even for cake. Then I tried an American baked beans recipe and the result was "bloody hell, I wanted dinner not dessert".

True. :( This is why we're all so fat.

Vegemite is a yeast-based spread, high in vitamin B

Which one? There are eight!

B1 = thiamine

B2 = riboflavin

B3 = niacin

B5 = pantothenic acid

B6 = pyridoxine and related compounds

B7 = biotin

B9 = dihydrofolic acid and derivatives

B12 = cyanocobalamin and related compounds

*It has been my experience of the American - and, to a lesser degree, Canadian - palate that they tend to have an overdeveloped sweet tooth, particularly with regards to breakfast foods (such as the popularity of serving savoury foods with a sweet accent e.g. sausages and bacon in maple syrup)

I noticed that too, but it's not all of us. In fact, one thing that a surprisingly large number of Americans do (often without realizing that anyone else does it too) is mix Honey Nut Cheerios with regular or multi-grain Cheerios in order to dilute the sweetness.

Personally, I have more of a "salty tooth". I'm notorious among my family for putting insane amounts of salt on my food and eating anchovies straight from the tin.

savoury flavour

You forgot to misspell "armor" and "color" :lol:

True. :( This is why we're all so fat.

Hey, speak for yourself! I'm 169 cm tall and my mass fluctuates between 55-65 kg (that's 5'7" and 120-145 pounds for those of you living in Eagleland).

test account

What the hell is Vegemite? I just took some vitamin pills and a crazy* amount of Librium.

*this was the day when I learned that sufficient doses of Librium can make me very, very emotionally unstable

Vegemite is a yeast-based spread, high in vitamin B and iron, that sounds, looks and smells revolting, but that nevertheless is a beloved staple of the Australian breakfast, generally enjoyed spread thinly (this is the part visiting Americans often don't get - they try to apply it like peanut butter or jam and then wonder why anyone would eat something so horrifying; it's very strongly flavoured and savoury in taste*, so the trick is to apply it in moderation - just a scrape over hot, buttery bread is the ideal, and then it's quite gorgeous) on toast or, occasionally, with cheddar cheese in sandwiches, or served like a relish with slabs of roast beef, cold or hot. Supposedly, it can also be dissolved in hot water and drunk as a restorative tonic, but I don't know anyone who does this; I think it might be more of a Baby Boomer Generation thing.

P.

I think Whoopi Goldberg said it was like 'licking a cat's ass' - I'm not sure how she would know but it sounds believeable. Even so I love vegemite. :lol:

Vegemite is a yeast-based spread, high in vitamin B

Which one? There are eight!

B1 = thiamine

B2 = riboflavin

B3 = niacin

B5 = pantothenic acid

B6 = pyridoxine and related compounds

B7 = biotin

B9 = dihydrofolic acid and derivatives

B12 = cyanocobalamin and related compounds

I have no idea, but if you're curious, perhaps you could look it up on the very site I linked you.

*It has been my experience of the American - and, to a lesser degree, Canadian - palate that they tend to have an overdeveloped sweet tooth, particularly with regards to breakfast foods (such as the popularity of serving savoury foods with a sweet accent e.g. sausages and bacon in maple syrup)

I noticed that too, but it's not all of us. In fact, one thing that a surprisingly large number of Americans do (often without realizing that anyone else does it too) is mix Honey Nut Cheerios with regular or multi-grain Cheerios in order to dilute the sweetness.

Hence my use of the language 'tend to'. :)

savoury flavour

You forgot to misspell "armor" and "color" :lol:

Respectfully, I speak and write English. The spelling errors are entirely yours. ^_^

P.

No, you speak and write Australian, which is neither the Queen's English nor Fixed (AKA "American") English.

WindowRunner

I too have experience with uncontrollable twitching and panic. Over the years I've been able to figure out why I and my body are freaking out. I've (finally) come to realize that I was and still am not ready for intimacy with women.

In Junior High, I panicked when someone told me their feelings for me. I responded by pretending I never read it, even though I liked them too. That was mostly a mental panic. Later I was able to have a simple high school girlfriend (lasted a week), and this was when I experienced my first uncontrollable shaking. We were standing side by side and holding hands. She then looked into my eyes with a look that said "kiss me." I remember twitching like I was cold and it just wouldn't stop. I ended up looking away and mentally trying to stop my shaking, which didn't help at all. Last year, after finishing college, I was able to kiss a girl and enjoy it without any hiccups. We continued further by getting naked and as we started to touch each other on her bed I immediately started twitching. I remember her pointing it out as I was trying to pretend it wasn't happening. lol, that was bad. At that point I was frustrated with myself and still wanted to continue in hopes that it would simply go away. She was nice enough to try with me, but then I started laughing at everything. The uncontrollable giggles were a complete turn off for her, so that night didn't end well. =/

I wasn't ready for romantic relationships in Junior High. I wasn't ready for kissing in High School & College. Currently, I'm not ready for sex.

I think the panic, body twitching and laughing come from the fact that I feel too vulnerable being intimate with a girl that I don't have complete trust in. When I like someone, it's like I'm giving them free reign over my emotions, which is very scary for me.

Over the years I've been making an effort to improve my self-worth & self-confidence. I think this has been helping. It simply takes time.

I never thought so many other people would also begin shaking in intense situations. This is reassuring.

I don't know if I naturally shook before April 2008. That month, a tornado went by very close to my home, and the strength of the wind shears began de-riveting the roof so violently they were, after a fashion, 'screaming'. The entire situation put me into some kind of numb shock, and I became unbearably cold.

Since then, I shake at too many things, in my opinion. When I'm the center of attention... when speaking to a superior... when I actually *am* cold... basically, almost anything that could make anyone even slightly nervous makes me shiver. I hate it, if only because I consciously know I'm not really scared but my body keeps trying to insist to me that I have to run away.

For the whole sexual side of things, I'm pretty sure that if I tremble slightly just talking to you, actually touching you would definitely not be good. At all. Unfortunately, my brain as well as my body would probably begin to shut down at that point.

I have no trouble accepting who I am, or anything that I do. When things go wrong, though... the shivering starts.

Thanks for returning to the original conversation, WindowRunner, and welcome to AVEN!

No, you speak and write Australian, which is neither the Queen's English nor Fixed (AKA "American") English.

Really? How kind of you to inform me what language I'm fluent in. I'm quite sure I shouldn't have known otherwise.

I had an excellent education, G-Max. I assure you, I speak and write the Queen's English.

Furthermore, deliberately misspelling an entire segment of a language, while choosing to keep those elements found to be aggreeable, just because a nation wishes to distance itself from British imperialism - which is, in itself, a fair cause - is not fixing it so much as bastardising it; 'buffet rebellion', if you will. The American language is the anglophonic dialectic equivalent of what Fred Durst is to hiphop.

So what is the error of your cultural vernacular, I wonder? Deliberate miseducation, or inept plagiarism?

Choose one.

P.

I've been looking for a new romantic relationship recently. I dated one guy in high school, and he was a sweetheart, but I tended to freak out about being touched. I didn't get the shakes, but I would freeze solid. We learned to compensate for that, and I realized that I really do enjoy cuddling and kissing, but the I went on a couple of dates with a guy I met online last year, and it was an epic disaster. I could keep myself calm as long as I was focused on something small and specific, but I had a small panic attack on my way home and spent the rest of the night either hyperventilating or in tears.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.

. . .but there are sounds

Please try to keep the thread on topic.

Asexual Relationships Moderator,

. . .but there are sounds

Interesting. I didn't really think of myself as having any strong physical reactions to intimacy when I first noticed the title of this thread, but now that I think about it, I guess I do get told by girls that I'm shaking and seem nervous fairly frequently in sort of intimate situations. Maybe that's similar. What's interesting is that I never notice anything abnormal until they point it out.

Really? How kind of you to inform me what language I'm fluent in. I'm quite sure I shouldn't have known otherwise.

I had an excellent education, G-Max. I assure you, I speak and write the Queen's English.

Furthermore, deliberately misspelling an entire segment of a language, while choosing to keep those elements found to be aggreeable, just because a nation wishes to distance itself from British imperialism - which is, in itself, a fair cause - is not fixing it so much as bastardising it; 'buffet rebellion', if you will. The American language is the anglophonic dialectic equivalent of what Fred Durst is to hiphop.

So what is the error of your cultural vernacular, I wonder? Deliberate miseducation, or inept plagiarism?

Choose one.

I can't honestly say, given that I'm familiar with neither Fred Durst nor hip-hop.

Also, you misspelled "agreeable". Queen's English, my ass.

Choose one.

I can't honestly say, given that I'm familiar with neither Fred Durst nor hip-hop.

Also, you misspelled "agreeable". Queen's English, my ass.

That must have been fun for you.

Clearly, typing in a hurry and not having had access to spellcheck at the time must mean I speak an entirely different language.

Sigh...

Back to your regularly-scheduled programming, folks.

P.

Some people have no sense of humor... or as you might say, "Soume peouple have nou sense ouf houmour"

Gho St Ory Qwan

Some people have no sense of humor... or as you might say, "Soume peouple have nou sense ouf houmour"

And others just have a terrible sense of humor. <_<

:lol:

Archived