Importance

hersforever08

It is no secret that sex completely clouds the mind.

Oh, just.... fuck off.

Seconded.

You know, Zardoz, when you throw an offending statement like that into the fray, no wonder we react and ask you where you get it from, because honestly, those are some sorry misconceptions you carry around..

Offense is based on perception. To think sex and sexual desire doent cloud the mind and affect one's action is absurd as psychology says quite differently. You may disagree, thats your perception.

How many people make entirely foolish decisions and act illogically based around sex or sexual desire? Quite a few people.

If you find my words offensive, which they are not meant to be. Perhaps you should cease reading them?

Why are you annoyed by something you do not even participate in? I mean if people say sexuals should look beyond just sex or mainly sex, in relationships and it would be healthier for those people to look at deeper things in a relationship, why be annoyed by this when you have no desire for sex?

Zardoz...why are you making judgements on the importance of something you do not even participate in?

P.

Thank you, I've been meaning to point that out for a while.

How many here have studied psychology or majored in it? A show of hands?

I am not making judgements, rather stating my views which are accurate in my knowledge and experience. Why are you defending something you dont participate in? These pointless questions could go on forever. Literally, forever.

One doesnt need to experience a bullet wound to see its effects. In fact, an impartial observer gains more insight than someone who is involved in the process. The person involved is too clouded by emotions and sensations to accurately observe anything. This is why often times the description of a criminal reported by a witness is completely off or you might get 12 version from 12 people. I dont experience sexual desire thus I can see clearly how it affects the sexual.

How women manipulate men with sexual suggestion and body language. How men throw tons of money at women thinking it will lead somwhere? Are these going to be claimed to be false as well? Sex figures far more into daily life than most people will ever realize. Sexual people tend to choose people as friends based on sexual desire subconsciously. Studies have been done on this. Studying psychology will reveal far more about this topic than most people could imagine. Just because you dont see it doesnt mean it isnt there.

This entire conversation has degraded into people telling me to fuck off and acting like children frankly. No i dont intend to offend but to express my view points. I am not offended by anything said as I do not feel offense or many emotions most neurotypical people feel. I speak as I do. Some take it as offensive. I do not know what is or is not going to offend people in the broad sense.

Zardoz, you're posting stuff that's against the TOS. I've reported you. It's bad enough doing it on other threads but this is the thread for sexual allies. Please go be nasty on some other site.

Zardoz, you're posting stuff that's against the TOS. I've reported you. It's bad enough doing it on other threads but this is the thread for sexual allies. Please go be nasty on some other site.

How have I broken TOS? Im not the one telling people to F___ off. As others have.

If you dont like what is being said, why read it. I am only reciprocating the nasty attitudes I have gotten because people found my views offensive. Which is their problem not mine. I speak in a logical, emotionless manner.

Well, Z, everyone on this thread is feeling insulted by how you word your posts. That's kind of everyone against Zardoz as far as opinion of your posts. I've come to know some of the people who've posted here and neither they nor I are hypersensitive.

You're not Spock; you're not being logical and unemotional. You're insulting people and you're getting a kick out of it.

I'm out.

Well, Z, everyone on this thread is feeling insulted by how you word your posts. That's kind of everyone against Zardoz as far as opinion of your posts. I've come to know some of the people who've posted here and neither they nor I are hypersensitive.

You're not Spock; you're not being logical and unemotional. You're insulting people and you're getting a kick out of it.

I'm out.

I am being logical and unemotional. I have stated many times that I do not intend to offend anyone. I most certainly am not getting a kick out of anything. I do think many are being over-emotional and illogical. I am utterly baffled as to how you even come to this conclusion. I have not nor am I trying to break TOS. I am the only one not offended apparently in those whole matter. I was expressing my views and knowledge and am annoyed by some of the behaviours exhibited here.

I am insulting no one. I am stating my views and expressing my knowledge. I got told to fuck off by a person who wasnt even involved in the debate so I would definitely call that over emotional.

As for breaking TOS I disagree. If people are offended, then they are. I cant control how people respond to what opposes their ideas. Some will be offended some will not. Everything is offensive to one person or another generally.

The Evil Cashew

This thread is under admod review adn thus I am locking it.

I suggest that you all back away to cool down if you find yourself being upset by what others are posting. This will also be a cool down time.

The Evil Cashew

Admin

The Evil Cashew

I am unlocking this topic but reminding you all the remain calm and civil or else it will be locked again.

Thank you

The Evil Cashew

Admin

There are no universal standards/rules when it comes to healthy relationships other than the parameters are determined by the individuals within it. The importance of sex and physicality in a relationship is determined by the relationship's members.

Two people can have the world's strongest emotional/personal bond and deepest love, but hate any physical contact. If they love each other, their personal/individual needs are met, etc. then it is a strong, healthy relationship that happens to completely lack any physicality.

On the other hand, there can be the same emotion and love, but if one or both people have a drive/need for physical contact/intimacy and that element is missing, there will likely be stress/trouble in the relationship, because some basic needs are going unaddressed.

The only people who can say the importance of sex and physicality in your relationship(s) are you and the other(s) in the relationship with you.

• 1 month later...
Off White Cat

I just wanted to say that I'm a sexual, no doubt about that, but I hate the centering of sex as an Essential Component To All Successful Romantic Relationships.

Literally ANYTHING else that both/all partners enjoy in such a relationship can be that Essential Component. And there's no reason why sex can't be just an occasional leisure-time activity.

That is all.

Honestly, it's as important as the partners think it is. The place where one is likely to run into problems is if those views differ or conflict.

P.

Honestly, it's as important as the partners think it is. The place where one is likely to run into problems is if those views differ or conflict.

P.

As is my wont lately, I'm just following Pam around and saying "this". So This. Nobody can say how important sex is or isn't for someone else.

Archived