Are you Aromantic or Romantic?

mylittlehazmat

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Aromantic or Romantic?

• Aromantic
    • Romantic
    • Demiromantic
    • Unsure
  2. 2. If Romantic or Demiromantic, what subcategory?

• Homoromantic
    • Heteroromantic
    • Panromantic
    • Biromantic
    • Not listed (please comment).
    • Selected Aromantic or Unsure above
    • Unsure (chose Romantic)
    • Unsure (chose Demiromantic)
  3. 3. Not particularly related, but how do you identify your gender?

• Cis-female
    • Cis-male
    • Androgyne
    • Neutrois
    • Transfemale
    • Transmale
    • Genderqueer
    • Not listed (please comment).
    • Would rather not answer.
    • Unsure

This poll is closed to new votes

I think I'm only slightly romantic... the idea of actually dating, even w/o sex, seems like a foggy, far away thing that I'm not 100% ruling out.

Although I'm pretty unsympathetic to people that are all '*sigh* I'm so lonely .. I want to find someone to spend the rest of my life with so bad!' At least when they go on and on about it. DX O and people that constantly gush about their bf or gf or w/e. DDDX

But yeah, when I do picture myself having a date, I think I'm most comfortable with the idea of being with a guy. >W<

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Vampyremage

I selected panromantic genderqueer.

I selected panromantic and cisfemale/androgyne. Every time I take the BEM androgyny test, I get almost perfectly in the middle but one over on the masculine side.

BaronTheCat

I selected panromantic and cisfemale/androgyne. Every time I take the BEM androgyny test, I get almost perfectly in the middle but one over on the masculine side.

Androgyny test? How do I find that?

I don't take tests seriously, but I :wub: them anyway

I love tests, too!! Hehe! Here is the link if you are interested.

Bem Gender Traits Test

BaronTheCat

@the OP: I know there was a debate about it, with you involved, but still... I have to screw up your statistics.

My gender is cis male, so I voted that. My brain is male, happy being so, and therefore cis. But I have transitioned, so my body isn't completely male (that's yet impossible to achieve). And you wanted to know about bodies, right?

I'm Aromantic. I really like the idea of a strong platonic relationship with another person, but I don't think I have a desire for a romantic one. I've also never experienced romantic attraction as far as I'm aware.

And I said cis-female. I do experience body dysphoria, in that I don't think my body or face match, but I'm not sure if it's gender dysphroria or a more general dysphoria.

BaronTheCat

I love tests, too!! Hehe! Here is the link if you are interested.

Bem Gender Traits Test

I also got androgynous on the test :)

It seems to associate masculinity with strength and femininity with goodness. So I'm both good and strong then? :lol: (or no, it's gotta be evil and weak :twisted: :evil: )

• 10 months later...

Excuse me, I don't understand how could a person be demiromantic. I mean, I understand you could be demisexual, but wikipedia's definition of demiromantic is: "romantic attraction after developing an emotional connection beforehand".

So what is it, a joke? "Romanticism" is a synonim of "emotional connection", who would ever fall in love for a complete stranger? I mean, you could have a crush on a stranger, but once you find out he is not compatible with you, you can not "love" him or desire a romantic relationship with him, am I wrong?

I accidentally checked off Homoromantic instead of Heteroromantic. So you can mentally fix that, I guess? Sorry.

ok im aromantic but want the closeness of a relationship so just incase anyones looking im available you know the going places kinda stuff and i would call myself nutrois as i dont like being called a women but am 100 per cent women but rather be a man than a women so kinda dont class myself as either

Excuse me, I don't understand how could a person be demiromantic. I mean, I understand you could be demisexual, but wikipedia's definition of demiromantic is: "romantic attraction after developing an emotional connection beforehand".

So what is it, a joke? "Romanticism" is a synonim of "emotional connection", who would ever fall in love for a complete stranger? I mean, you could have a crush on a stranger, but once you find out he is not compatible with you, you can not "love" him or desire a romantic relationship with him, am I wrong?

It only says romantic attraction. It never implied anybody acually falls in love with strangers, just that they get crushes on strangers. Crushes on strangers don't happen with demiromantics.

I'm gray romantic, but definitely not demiromantic. I just went with romantic -.-

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Demiromantic/Heteromantic

Confused between cis-female and androgynous. I feel comfortable with my body, don't physically feel like a man, but I definitely don't think like a girl traditionally would and kind of have the mind of a male. I don't mind wearing dresses if I have to, but it definitely isn't an every day thing for me. On a day to day basis I dress very gender-neutral. If androgynous means "gender neutral" then I'll stick with that.

Nomad in Stasis

I am a demi-romantic, I identify as agendered so I am Demi-Gynoromantic.

I'm an aromantic, which I know for a fact, but I had a question about gender terms. What is the term used for someone who just... doesn't care? I don't identify with either particularly well, although I don't hate to call myself a girl when someone asks. I'm a pretty "feminine" person, which seems to be against androgyny, but genderqueer, I think, also has some notion of blending genders. Perhaps I'm thinking about this too much?

Grey romantic, in that I rarely have romantic attraction. It depends on my mood whether I feel affectionate or not, but when I lean on the masculine side, I am less touch-y. I am gender neutral.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

Lady Girl, Moderator

Archived