Artistically Inclined Asexuals

seasalt

Artistic Expressions - Name Your Outlet(s)  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you actively enjoy or pursue one or more of the following arts?

• Painting/Drawing
    • Sculpture
    • Ceramics
    • Digital Mediums/Graphic Design
    • Writing
    • Photography
    • Sewing
    • Acting/Performance Art
    • Crafts
    • Metalsmithing
    • Jewelry Making
    • Cooking (yes, I think it's an art)
    • Interior Design
    • Music - Singing/Performing
    • Music - Playing of an Instrument(s)
    • Dance
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

Just a quick general survey - for fun only! I noticed many of you mentioned creative and/or artistic practices and inclinations through the various posts here... so I thought it might be fun to see what we're interested in artistically. Feel free to elaborate on your answers or add more "answers" - I am sure I forgot several worthy artistic genres.

Yay, art! My favorites from that list, that I do, are writing, photography, and music (I play ukulele, sing and write songs). I also like dance (although I'm terrible at it), sewing, and drawing. I'm trying hard to like cooking! :blush: I've always found it sort of stressful, but it sure beats not eating. And I agree, it's an art.

I'm a total art nerd. And if I don't get in my drawing time, I tend to lose it.

I definitely love drawing. :D Every paper I get has doodles of some kind on them. I also love acting and playing instruments, I'm going on four right now (trumpet, tuba and learning guitar and trombone). Oh art, how you can woo me. :wub:

No longer here1234

I'm double majoring in drawing and sculpture with a minor in digital media. I played the clarinet all throughout high school and was very good at it without really ever practicing. :lol:

My main artistic thing these days is writing, specifically poetry, Christian/inspirational. I have a website for those who are interested. I also like to sing, but I'm not that good, so I keep that to a choir or other groups.

I like drawing, photography, and poetry writing. I also have been experimenting with writing short fantasy stories.

I love to draw, paint, write, photography, dabble in sewing, make jewelry (I love making ace chokers), crafts, and playing a musical instrument. I'm practically doing art 24/7. I'm going to major in Art History

I clicked eight different categories, so yeah ... creative things are pretty important to me. It's how I support myself in my other life. (That offline one ...)

Alas ... I must move this thread away from the Older Asexuals neighborhood, but it will have a happy new home in the Census forum.

-gb

Music major speaking.

I occasionally go on little crafty binges where I will fanatically craft various things. Examples: make half a steampunk costume; embroider a shaded triangle ace patch; paint optical illusions on rocks and leave them on park benches; try to figure out geometric reverse applique; make beaded kuna winis (if you know what that is, you're awesome); relearn handsprings or trick-stilt-walking; write a paper on the funeral industry or half a dozen poems, or both; gluten free cooking; drawing elaborate designs reminiscent of henna all over my hands and arms (frequently before concerts). Then my life will be art free, except for the music major part, for some months. My problem is that I rarely pick up any of these projects for at least another year, which means that I'll get decent to good at it again and then lose interest. I do occasionally make some money too, which is cool, but it's more fun to leave random painted rocks and poetry lying about in public to entertain people.

I love drawing, both traditionally and digitally ... I need to practice painting more though, it's such a great medium.

...I need to do the same with writing as well, I don't have much faith in my writing skills.

I'm so glad you put cooking in there. My kitchen is my studio and my plate is my canvas.

I do a few other things on the list as well.

I'm pretty artsy--I get very antsy when I go too long a stretch without being able to do something creative. The main thing I do is write, but I also draw constantly, either pencils or digital media. I don't have a lot of innate musical talent, but I do sing and play the piano and have started to tinker with the ocarina and bowed psaltery. Used to play the french horn, too. :)

Primus, where would I be without the arts? I'm currently attending an Arts college to major in performance production. (don't like to act, but I love being behind the scenes) In my spare time I sew costumes, draw, write, and play the tuba. If I didn't have art, I'd probably go crazy!

Primus, where would I be without the arts? I'm currently attending an Arts college to major in performance production. (don't like to act, but I love being behind the scenes) In my spare time I sew costumes, draw, write, and play the tuba. If I didn't have art, I'd probably go crazy!

TUUUUBBBAAAA BUDDY! :D

A4095TubbyTubaDVD_7dd3.JPG

under_the_radar

I am a fire performer and dancer, I also have a background in DJing professionally, playing bass and percussion, and being a multi-disciplined classically trained dancer and singer.

Music moves me like nothing else! :D

life long artist who lost her inspiration due to lack of emotions, drama, and just feelings. I have a huge collection of sketches both experimental and expression. I dance, dance and dance some more. I write too but that is completely private. Art is in my blood but it feels like I am drained. :wacko:

For those bandies on here, a picture. Also eee? I hope you are just in a rut and can get a 'blood' transplant and can continue your arts with feeling. :cake:

french_horns_by_bluewolfthewatermonk-d33jier.jpg

I have always been able to draw very well for much of my life. I also enjoy making things out construction paper every once and a while.

For the past 10 years, however, DRUMS have been my primary passion, and I believe ALWAYS will be so for the rest of my life. So much so, that I played drums in my high school band for all my 4 years of high school, and was even percussion captain in senior year. I took part in events such as home football games, parades, concets, among many others, all of which were a blast! *SIGH* I miss it!

Just a week ago as of this post, I have actually got in contact with a couple of musicians in my area, namely a guitarist and a bassist. We shall see where this goes. 8)

I'm currently a student at an art college, and used to be self-employed as an 'artistic' photographer for about four years. I don't declare my major until next semester, but am interested in printmaking and creative writing. I've dabbled with comics in the past, and blacksmithing and other craft-heavy art forms. It's kind of what my life revolves around the most.

vrazda verlaine

Have drawn a LOT in the past and don't do much any more, but occasionally. Have always written, and started writing music in the last year. Have acted - not particularly well - but it's fun. Mainly, I sing and play piano.

I draw [i drew my avatar. ;D ], I'm interested in writing, and sometimes I end up accidentally doing some good alliteration stuff, but I haven't REALLY pursued that, and I sing. ;u;''

For those bandies on here, a picture. Also eee? I hope you are just in a rut and can get a 'blood' transplant and can continue your arts with feeling. :cake:

french_horns_by_bluewolfthewatermonk-d33jier.jpg

AHAHAHA

I'm not in band, but that's awesome. xDDD <3333 :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

I'm doing graphic design as my course in uni, but I'll probably also carry on drawing anything and everything till I die. Also love digital painting and writing stories with original-as-possible storylines :P

Archived