• Agender/neutrois.
    • Transgender (MtF).
    • Transgender (FtM).
    • Genderfluid.
    • Other (please mention).
    • I am unsure.
    • Bigendered.

This poll is closed to new votes

Once upon a time I thought about getting female hormones. But never had the guts. Besides, I thought I migh turn out to be (something other than a)-sexual someday?

then again, I am 17 now, so, maybe later?

my gender. i never bother cos i'm never too sure. i'd longed to become a girl. then i had second thoughts about it. its pretty fluid i guess. if i were born a girl, maybe i wou;ld think about becoming a boy?

if you saw me in person, you wouldn't get it though. i look like an average boy. if people around me (that includes my dad) figured out about me, I would be in hell! i even kept a beard when i was feeling ike i must have sex change.

perhaps, i am afraid to figure out what i want??

Member33070

I voted other too. I am biologically female and very comfortable with my body, but I am mentally neutrois, not female. My biological gender plays no major role in my life other than the way I dress and look. But I don't call myself neutrois...

I also have the strong desire to be more masculine, and acheive some kind of "balance" of gender ideals instead of a "neutral mix" between the two. Something like strength and muscles from masculinity, mixed with the curves of a womanly shape...this extends to all aspects.

Put it this way - I have been called a drag queen multiple times even though I am, honestly, biologically female. I look and act manly enough that when I try to look more female it's like I'm faking it.

The Vampire Queen

I'm genderless, voted "other" as there is no genderless option.

Cisfemale sounds about right for me, although I'm not really feminine, so more like a demigirl. I feel fine with having a female body though.

The Warden

I'm genderless, voted "other" as there is no genderless option.

Agender means genderless .... well I think so anyway.

A-gender (absence of gender)

Genderless (also absence of gender)

Personally I believe the definition of "agender" in the definition post in the gender forum is wrong. If you are going by the name "Agender" then it means the same as Genderless.

I put down Agender. I'm me as far as that is concerned. Personally I believe everyone to be so as well as gender is a social constraint of how you should act based on some pretty stupid ideas.

There is no such thing as gender in my books. *shrug*

never odd or even

after much lurking over agender, neutrosis and trans, i'm now more comfortable as transmasculine. i identify much more as male in terms of gender, but i would like to identify my body with nothing. blending neutrosis and male = transmasculine. i think...

i may yet move, as gender dysphoria comes in waves...

• 8 months later...

I prefer ftm transsexual to ftm transgender. My sex is the one that is all mixed up. My gender is perfectly fine where it is. I was always told that transgender is an umbrella term and transsexual was a type of transgender. So its like calling dog vs chihuahua. All dogs are dogs yes, but st bernards are much different than chihuahuas. I find myself to be much different than other forms of transgender.

Oh, comeone... couldn't there be one for ftm and genderqueer...

• 3 weeks later...

I identify as a female bodied Human, because I'm biologically female but really do not see gender as more than a social construct.

Mistoffelees

I don't know what the correct answer for me is. I'm bio male. My physical presentation is male because it's the path of least resistance. I don't care how I look to others. My personality and behavioral presentation are androgynous.

Cisfemale.

I just surprised myself by ticking agender. I am physically female and okay with my body, but have never identified with any sort of femininity, nor masculinity and am usually reluctant to call myself a "woman", because somehow it doesn't feel right. I'm not a woman and I'm not a man, I'm just me.

Gender neutral. I used to consider myself trans, but then I realized I really don't think of myself as masculine or feminine or both--rather, I consider myself neither.

I chose cis female, though I had half-seriously joked for some time that part of some of my problems (from the people for whom I had some vague sort of feelings I could maybe extrapolate into 'crushes', to my choices in friends, to what kinds of things turn me on, to the little extent anything does) was that I was supposed to be a gay man, and I just happened to be born a girl.

Still, I'm pretty happy to identify as a woman, if I am sometimes a bit of a tomboy, rarely get on with or understand my fellow female, and like thinking about guys kissing. *shrug* I'm pretty easygoing about it, I suppose. (Which is nice - nice to have one thing that isn't so much a struggle on figuring myself out, at least. . .)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Nightingale Nouveau Cirque

I'm neutrois or just null gendered but also sort of genderfluid. Sometimes I dress as a girl for funsies or a guy cause I can. Sometimes the thought of wearing a dress makes me want to projectile vomit so who knows. I always identify as Neutrois though.

Great Thief Yatagarasu

I chose cis female, though I had half-seriously joked for some time that part of some of my problems (from the people for whom I had some vague sort of feelings I could maybe extrapolate into 'crushes', to my choices in friends, to what kinds of things turn me on, to the little extent anything does) was that I was supposed to be a gay man, and I just happened to be born a girl.

Still, I'm pretty happy to identify as a woman, if I am sometimes a bit of a tomboy, rarely get on with or understand my fellow female, and like thinking about guys kissing. *shrug* I'm pretty easygoing about it, I suppose. (Which is nice - nice to have one thing that isn't so much a struggle on figuring myself out, at least. . .)

The same goes for me - while I'm pretty much a cis-female, I'm a massive tomboy (which is what I've got as my gender in the little box next to this comment) and I do have similar sorts of "I really wonder what it's like to be a guy sometimes" thoughts. I'm just so curious, and while it kinda weirds me out that I'm this deeply fascinated by the concept of being a gay man, I know for a fact that I'm not alone - I know a friend who's DEFINITELY had this herself and I've heard it's a common feeling among fans of slash fiction and yaoi manga. There's something so appealing about expressing yourself in a masculine way, and while I do feel comfortable in my female body - indeed, there are also times when I greatly enjoy being treated like a lady (as my boyfriend often does) - cross-dressing is something I'd like to try. It's odd, because while it's something I daydream about often, I'm totally comfortable with my body - I want to be strong, but I naturally want to look like a tomboyish girl and the thought of actually being male for an extended period of time hurts my brain. So it's slightly confused, really.

I had to laugh at myself a little when I had a bit of a think and I realised that all the boys I've had serious crushes on have either been bi (my current boyfriend identifies as either bi or straight) or have behaved in ways that would make a person's gaydar confused (one of my biggest crushes was on a musician and musical theatre fan - one of the "drama kids" at our school) - I don't know if that's just coincidence or if it's something I've subconsciously picked up on that makes me a little bit extra attracted to them.

Putting all of this together, I found that there is indeed a term that fits the concept of being attracted to gay dudes and kinda wishing to be one yourself - a Girlfag. Which, I suppose, is what I am. Not to the extent where I feel like I'm trans, but as I explained above, it still kinda fits. Either way, my life and my gender are awesome. Deal with it.

A brief edit: Looking up the term "Girlfag", one of the results on the first page is an AVEN thread. And I love how I just wrote all this down, having a real epiphany of "Wow, I think this is me"...while several of my open tabs are to do with yaoi and slash fiction. Fun times.

• 3 weeks later...

I picked cisgender female, though genderfluid might have been the more appropriate choice. I can identify with the sex of my body but not with the social expectations directed at me because of my sex.

5_♦♣

Somewhere in between agender and genderqueer. Voted agender though.

FYI: Genderqueer is an umbrella term for non binary gender identities. Just thought it was worth mentioning.

MidnightFrog

I was born a female, but I feel more gender neutral. I'm not overtly feminine or masculine - I'm situated somewhere in the middle. Though, on paper at least, I'm happy to identify as female.

belovedless

Cisfemale all the way! Never doubted, never questioned. Well, except that one stint in high school where I desperately wanted to be a scene boy for a small while, if only because I thought it would be a sure-fire way to get all the ladies.

Always identify as agender, but I'm coming to appreciate that perhaps I'm transgender.

• 4 weeks later...

Bigender, here.

• 2 weeks later...

Female~ 1/2 cis female though~ pretty tomboyish I guess xD

I voted "unsure", I identify as genderqueer. Deeply unhappy with my genital anatomy and reacting hurt when it's used from outside as the basis for my gender, but even after more than two decades of soul searching, I'm still fuzzy as to where between neutrois and trans I would locate myself if one pressed me to decide... I just know I'm not a "man".

I voted FtM but it feels like a tight box. I don't identify as a "man" nor fully as "male". Mostly I feel genderqueer. But I'm physically transitioning in a masculine direction, so there you go.

Neutral, very very slightly fluid. One day I'll identify as male, the next as female, then I'll remain neutral for months.

Archived