• Agender/neutrois.
    • Transgender (MtF).
    • Transgender (FtM).
    • Genderfluid.
    • Other (please mention).
    • I am unsure.
    • Bigendered.

This poll is closed to new votes

I've debated this since I was little where at times I'd feel more girlish and then other times more boyish. When I finally talked to a friend about it a couple of months back (even though I've now known I'm Ace for the past few years), she told me that I was maybe more agender fluid and explained it to me. It felt right and so I identify with being agender fluid even though I am biologically female.

• 3 weeks later...

Cis female.

This discussion is interesting to me, though. I am not what anyone would call "girly"--how I dress, what I do, and how I act aren't very influenced by mainstream societal expectations of women. Yet none of this makes me feel like I'm not female. My gender (or do I mean sex?) just isn't important to me as far as determining my behaviour and choices. Basically, I'm biologically female, don't have a massively strong sense of 'gender', but am entirely comfortable and feel no conflict with being a woman.

I think because I don't have a strong sense of gender, I don't really understand what people mean when they say they "feel" like a certain gender, whether that be in line with their biological sex or not, or fluxuating or consistent. I don't really know what it means to "feel" like a woman, even though I am one.

I'm not sure what option to go with--I picked "neutrois" because I think it's the closest, but it's not quite right.

In my ideal world, it's impossible to tell what a person's gender is in normal interactions. Some people choose to make it obvious, by using gendered language or signals; but lots of people don't, and it's considered impolite to ask, and offensively rude to assume. My body is very obviously emphatically female in ways that are difficult to hide, and I haven't yet been able to figure out whether I want to go to the effort of physically changing it one way or the other. I don't mind being female, but I hate it being so damn obvious to everybody who looks at me, and I hate the assumptions that are made about me because of it. If I could trade this body in for one that was completely gender-ambiguous, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Cis female. I'm mostly comfortable with being a woman and embracing feminine traits. However, I do also have many masculine traits as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it's easier and cooler to be a guy, but I've come to accept that I'm female. I'm still a little unsure about the whole gender thing really, but for now, I say cis female.

• 1 month later...
WhenSummersGone

I'm agender, genderless, and sometimes Neutrois depending on the day. Sometimes I can't tell if I fit in with agender or if I feel different all on my own, so I'm not too sure.

I posted Other because I don't subscribe to the concept of gender. I didn't put Agender because that's still a sort of identity, but I don't identify with having no gender because, IMO, there is no gender for me not have an identity with (Did that make sense?)

I voted as gender fluid. I'm fine being female-bodied and everything, and it doesn't cause me any discomfort. I don't mind wearing a dress when I have to (in fact it's kinda fun) but I usually dress pretty androgynous on a day to day basis. I DO feel uncomfortable if I dress "too" girly, because I feel like I am posing as someone who is not me. I like wearing unisex clothes in a size XS (which is hard to find- love American Apparel for that reason) because I don't like the "shape" of women's clothes. Then again, on some days I don't mind it. I'm kinda confused. But I know I don't fall into the transgender category because I know I am biologically female and I'm fine with it.

FAAB, gender neutral. But sometimes I can be more male or more female, which I guess would be gender fluid. However, I disregard those time, for the majority I am neutral.

• 4 weeks later...

I feel agender, because I don't feel girly, or masculine either.

I like wearing dresses, not because it makes me feel girly, and I wear like stereotypically male clothing, not because it makes me feel really masculine, but because it feels really comfortable.

I think that a "female" or "male" doesn't

really represent how I feel.

I'm a female, but I identify as gender fluid. I originally thought of myself as agender, but I think gender fluid fits better. I have personality traits of both, and I am a little more feminine, but I don't feel like I am definitely feminine or masculine. I don't hate the body I was given, but I don't feel much happiness with being physically a girl either.

Mentally Genderless.

I dont indentify as either gender but I do lean a little more towards the male side of the scale in general.

• 2 weeks later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

Lady Girl, Moderator

Archived