• Agender/neutrois.
    • Transgender (MtF).
    • Transgender (FtM).
    • Genderfluid.
    • Other (please mention).
    • I am unsure.
    • Bigendered.

This poll is closed to new votes

There's a topic for biological sex, but I was wondering about gender identity. I searched for 'gender' but it yeilded no results; still, if this is a repeat topic, I apologise!

I'm really sorry if I didn't get your gender down.

On the lower end of cisgirl, I am.

Errr, think you ought to have a 'bigender' option on there though. It could fit in with genderfluid but I've seen people talk about it as a separate thing so...

I considered voting for agendered, but that isn't quite right.

I have aspects of both and I have assimilated them both so thoroughly that I really have to think about it in order to pick them apart.

On gender tests I score about 60/40 in favor of masculine, but up until I discovered AVEN I just thought of myself as a tomboy and I was happy to leave it at that.

We old folks missed out on all of this gender definition fun, dagnabbit!

*shakes cane and grumbles*

-gb

Bigendered is now its own option too! :) Thanks for voting. I apologise to any bigendered people who already had to vote for something else.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think that being trans is part of my gender identity. I certainly do not identify with the label FtM on the grounds that no part of me is or has been female. But neither, of course, am I cis.

Here is a post I recently wrote about my gender: http://jonahdiabetic.blogspot.com/2010/11/interlude-in-which-i-come-out.html

My gender identity is male, not female to male, and not cisgender male.

I voted other. I'm neutrois and male. Regarding male, the below quote amply describes my feelings:

• 2 months later...
House of Chimeras

I generally identify as gender fluid leaning toward agendered really.

I voted other. I'm neutrois and male. Regarding male, the below quote amply describes my feelings:

Neutrois and male! Yeah, I'm that too...

Male because that's the body type in which I feel most comfortable.

Neutrois because the whole reproduction thing feels strange to me, and because I'd really like to be a robot :lol:.

But I voted male, not "other".

@ Selk:

"cis male" and "cis female" aren't genders. They are sexes/body types. "cis" only describes that the body type you're born with matches your gender, it doesn't describe the gender. The genders are "male" and "female".

...it's tricky, I know.

I'll let my SAGE results to talk:

S.A.G.E. Test Results

Your Raw Score is: -370, which indicates that overall you are Androgynous

Your appearance is Androgynous

Your brain processes are mostly that of a Androgynous person.

You appear to socialize in a androgynous manner.

You believe you have mild conflicts about your gender identity.

You indicated your were born Female.

ANALYSIS:

Female to Male Crossdresser

NOTES:

You are in a statistical minority as a anallophilic crossdresser. Most crossdressers are heterosexual. Your motivation for crossdressing may be driven by the undirected nature of your sexuality, as a way to more fully explore the Male gender role.

ChildOfTheLight

Genderfluid is closest, and basically correct. I tend to see myself as both male and female, in varying degrees at different times, so I'll even hit (relatively often lately, which is a bit stressful) both "I'm just kidding myself, wishing for something else, I'm really a guy, what makes me a girl except liking the clothes?" and "I'm just kidding myself, desperately trying to hold on to the body I was born with, I'm really a girl, what makes me a guy except the body and a few masculine traits that I could embody just as well as a girl?"

Fortunately my physical dysphoria is pretty mild (especially when you recognize that the high end of "severe" has to mean something like "attempted self-castration at age six"), but the social stuff is really starting to get to me.

Impressive fact: The current top five results are 25 votes for agender, 24 for cisfemale, 10 for genderfluid, 9 for cismale, 8 for transmale. The top category is neither cisfemale nor cismale. That's kind of amazing.

this thread remionds me of something i said yesterday at work

in a conversation about something i find uncomfortable. my statement being "and think, on my passport it's says i'm male"

one colleague was confused but the other know i meant that i'm squeamish (i was going to say "and i call myself a man" but that would be a lie. i've never called myself a man)

although saying that i went for csi-male

corduroyjackalope

What is csi-male/female? I tried to google it, but I ended up just getting sites about the show CSI.

I'm andro. Born female, but that's as close to the girl population as I get.

What is csi-male/female? I tried to google it, but I ended up just getting sites about the show CSI.

it should be cis not csi. my error

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cisgender

corduroyjackalope

it should be cis not csi. my error

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cisgender

Thanks.

I ticked other as i am hetro and that is not listed

and yes I know some try and follow Kristen Schilt and Laurel Westbrook's model but I might be correct in saying the term hetro was around a long time before them

• 2 weeks later...
Vampyremage

I put I am unsure. I guess female leaning towards agendered.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I voted cis male, because I feel that label fits me the best. I am fairly effeminate in some respects (and I'm still working on fully accepting that part of myself), but I'm pretty certain that I will always feel comfortable with my sex.

I'm definitely a cis-male. I'm pretty comfortable with a having a penis and facial hair. ^_^

Archived