Induced Asexuality

VeritasVosLiberabit

VeritasVosLiberabit

Hello to the members of asexuality.org. I recently watched a video about this particular organization on Youtube.com and decided to check the website out because it resonated within me. I had been contemplating becoming asexual for some months now, however I believe that my case may be a bit different than many of the other memebers. While I do not believe one can be truly unattracted to people, I do believe a person's libido can have varying levels and also be lower due to never coming into contact with a partner of the appropriate pheremonal attractors that would induce a strong sexual urge in them (among other factors). With that said, I am contemplating becoming asexual for one main reason. I believe that my recent understandings of the intrinsic nature of women has allowed me to break free from the cycle of reproduction that encompasses humankind. While, I do not think I am the only man to understand and reach this point, I feel as if I am one of a small handful that truly comprehend what the mental state of a woman is, because it is a truly difficult process. This has given me the great power of being able to attain pretty much any woman that I desire, of course if the conditions are right, but has caused me to lose the magic that I feel for a woman's inner self that I used to feel. I can only feel the physical attractions a woman gives me which gives me great ability to please them materially, however mentally I am unable to reciprocate any true feeling. This does not disturb me however, because I was already prepared for this outcome for many years of understanding and interpreting, just as the study of instinctive human behavior in general and personality temperments allow me to understand the collective of humanity in their purest forms. I really am just coming here now out of interest for what others think about this, and perhaps any other self induced asexuals who have taken the next steps toward complete asexuality, who perhaps have a deeper understanding of reality than myself to tell of their experience. This is mostly geared toward those who take a purely objective stance on life and interpret emotions as simple neurological chemical reactions.

I have a libido, thank you so much, but I've never experienced sexual attraction. I know this. In any case, if you say I've never met anyone whose pheremones have had an effect on me, isn't that pretty much the same thing? I'm sure you can take steps to lower your libido in many ways, but you cannot make yourself asexual since we define it as lack of sexual attraction and not lack of libido. If I could give you one piece of advice, it is not to immediately invalidate our sexual orientation in your first post (or any, come to that) as you might find a rather cold reception.

(PS, read around the forums and our definitions and experiences of asexuality, and let the truth set you free)

Veritas, your post leads me to applaud your decision to not reproduce. Aside from that, it is difficult to reply to such...verbiage.

I believe that my recent understandings of the intrinsic nature of women has allowed me to break free from the cycle of reproduction that encompasses humankind.

............... lol

I am contemplating becoming asexual

......... HAHAHA

The Doctor Who?

Urmm, maybe I'm missing the point (and if I am, I'm sorry) but, you can't become asexual.

You just...are.

You can contemplate becoming celibate.

I hope you find what you are looking for.

Err..yea. Cake? :cake: x

VeritasVosLiberabit

Very true Acer, I should not invalidate your sexuality immediately, because it is true asexuality is a somewhat novel concept for me from the human perspective. So, I apologize for that. While it is true this could be a phenomenon that I simply am uneducated about, I will be honest by saying that a lack of sexual attraction to someone would lead me primarily towards other hidden factors contributing to the inhibition of one's sexual desires. Sexuality is a key component in the instinctive motivations of human existentialism, and to say that one simply isn't sexually attracted to anyone is a bold claim in my eyes. However, I am open-minded and shall research more into this because my personal life philosophies have led me down this path myself yet I cannot say sexual attraction is nonexistent in my nature. And if you have a libido, you must be attracted to something in order to satiate that libido, correct? Even if it is self-pleasure, one still must have an external stimulus, even if it is an intangible or mental entity, representing that specific sex of personal attractiion.

Asexuality is a lack of sexual attraction, not a lack of desire to reproduce. Some people on the forum have children and are very happy with their situation. It has nothing to do with libido. Also, there is no one formula for knowing all that goes on in a "woman's" brain. How, then, would you define the mental process of an agendered biological female? What about a genderfluid biological male? There are many different ways people place themselves on the gender spectrum (if that's what it is). Personally, I'm biologically female asexual aromantic with some genderfluid tendencies. Please do not presume that you can read my mind because of what does or does not lie between my legs.

And if you have a libido, you must be attracted to something in order to satiate that libido, correct? Even if it is self-pleasure, one still must have an external stimulus, even if it is an intangible or mental entity, representing that specific sex of personal attractiion.

You know, I can't remember whether I've read it on AVEN or somewhere else, but there're people who masturbate to mathematical equations.

And if you have a libido, you must be attracted to something in order to satiate that libido, correct?

Actually no. Libido for asexuals is a feeling like hunger, it's a general urge within the body that turns up. Extending that analogy, sexual attraction is like craving a particular food. My libido isn't triggered by the sight or thought of another person, maybe it is merely hormone peaks or whatever it is that causes basic sexual feeling.

To put it a different way that is my favourite analogy for these things- if a straight man was marooned on a desert island with no one but other men, he would still have a libido but not be sexually attracted to people around him. I appreciate that that isn't a perfect analogy since he would likely still be fantasising about women, but imagine my whole world is that desert island. I still have a libido, but no one around me has ever triggered arousal in me.

VeritasVosLiberabit

I see that is a very good example acer and makes thing slightly clearer for me. It is a hormonal response rather that a external trigger that occurs for most people. This makes sense, but leaves me with another question. If this is a random hormonal manifestation, what is your libido craving? When you are hungry you need food. You MUST have food, not nails or glass. it must be edible and provide nutrition to the body. What does your libido crave? It craves the need to reproduce. It does not want satisfaction from a telephone or a car, It craves a human connection. Maybe not a human connection if you want to be very broad but an animate and emotional reciprocation in a physical form.

What does your libido crave? It craves the need to reproduce. It does not want satisfaction from a telephone or a car, It craves a human connection. Maybe not a human connection if you want to be very broad but an animate and emotional reciprocation in a physical form.

You're describing sexual attraction. Libido craves simple sexual release through orgasm. And that can be had without any outside involvement.

When I get my libido, like other asexuals, we satisfy ourselves in private. I don't feel the need or desire to involve someone else in that. I never have done. For me, it's a personal and frankly quite annoying process (annoying because I see it as pointless). And in case your next question is what or who do I think about during this process? Honestly, anything from what's for dinner to what should I buy at the shops tomorrow. It's purely the physical act and the sensations derived from it.

I think you are attempting to seek some kind of logical reason for asexuality. Remember that there isn't just one perfect human model- we have homosexual people, transgender people, downs syndrome people, cystic fibrosis sufferers etc- the human species "suffers" from so many different genetic and otherwise variations that aren't considered to be evolutionary advantages or for the good of the individual or the species. There are things that go wrong, there always have been. I do not see a positive evolutionary reason for asexuality but that isn't to say I consider it non-existant, or wrong, or fixable, or whatever. I think that it happens because it happens and I'm happy the way I am.

I'm not going to be specific, since the others have covered most of the ground, but I just wanted to say I really disagree with a lot of that statement; I'm confused with its intent, can't take it seriously because of the hautiness (if unintentional) of some of the statements, and have to hold back some far more serious ideas, most stemming from the absurdidty that I see in it. I'm sorry if this is cruel, but this seems like a veiled attack to me.

"What does your libido crave? It craves the need to reproduce."

Well, that's not certain. Reproduction can result from sex, but sex for it's own sake is a high percentage of the sex that takes place. Yes, it evolved to feel good so that reproduction would happen, but it feels god independent of that. (It feels better, in fact, if you don't want to reproduce and have made sure you won't.)

Here's the planet with too many people on it. The only good thing about sex at this point in history is the feeling, if you're lucky the bonding. Reproduction is a serious downside.

VeritasVosLiberabit

Of course. All people are different, but if something it exists, it can be explained. I'll research some more into asexuality and derive my own understanding. Your insights are much appreciated.

Stormy Wether

And if you have a libido, you must be attracted to something in order to satiate that libido, correct? Even if it is self-pleasure, one still must have an external stimulus, even if it is an intangible or mental entity, representing that specific sex of personal attractiion.

You know, I can't remember whether I've read it on AVEN or somewhere else, but there're people who masturbate to mathematical equations.

The equations are a myth, it turns out we all get hot for pinecones

The discussion was quite passionate

As to this thread though, the OP just has to be winding us up.

The equations are a myth, it turns out we all get hot for pinecones

The discussion was quite passionate

As to this thread though, the OP just has to be winding us up.

Ah, well, too bad. I just wanted to illustrate that people can masturbate to all kinds of completely sex-unrelated things. Which the OP could have found out if they'd just spent a liiittle more time reading around AVEN before posting.

VeritasVosLiberabit

Sexual reproduction is not a downside, otherwise there would be no human species. Sex is in existence for a reason and it's instinctive effects occur for an important purpose. Understanding instinctive nature will allow you to see past the disinformation our neocortexes have blinded our eyes from seeing more readily.

Don't take this the wrong way, but... All your beliefs are false. You can't figure out the mind of all women because all women are different, you can't become asexual, and you can have a libido without it being directed at anything.

Of course, the combined libido of all of Aven is actually directed at pinecones. The sensual glory of pinecones shall overcome all orientations or lack thereof. Long live pinecones.

I suppose it makes a difference if you see the world on a linear plane of progression. Is there a purpose that we are to realize? Is it absolutely necessary (for the ultimate good) that humans reproduce? Asexuality is an orienation. It is not a lifestyle choice like celibacy. We recognize that others have sexual attraction and it's true and good for them. We aren't trying to end sex/sexual attraction/sexual reproduction for others. However, it would go against my being to force myself into sex just for the sake of forwarding the human species. Having sex with a man would not change my orientation. Just like having sex with another man (for whatever reason) wouldn't make a heterosexual man homosexual. I am not nor have I ever been sexually attracted to other human beings, therefore I do not see the need to have sex with them. Fitting into your argument- if sex is, as you say, in existence for an important purpose, then why can't asexuality be for an important purpose? It can't be said that one thing exists and is therefore important (has a purpose) while another thing shares the same trait (existence) yet is not important or for a purpose. Was your point to suggest that asexuality as an orientation does not exist at all? Hope all of that made sense. :-/ It's there in my head but difficult for me to articulate.

We aren't allowed to call Troll on this site, you can get your cake conviscated by a mod. If you suspect troll, you need to report the user so the admods can deal with it that way.

That certainly must be less problematical than having sexual relationships with people. Even pinecones would be, although any woman taking that literally would feel a bit...uncomfortable.

LoserArtJunkie

We aren't allowed to call Troll on this site, you can get your cake conviscated by a mod. If you suspect troll, you need to report the user so the admods can deal with it that way.

Thanks for the heads-up Acer, looks like I'm a little rusty on my AVEN rules...

Thanks for the heads-up Acer, looks like I'm a little rusty on my AVEN rules...

Here's some more :cake: . Hide it in case you get your first slices confiscated. :)

under_the_radar

While the OP's views are justified by existentialism, they are also technically invalidated in the same school of thought. Very interesting, might I ask what youtube videos lead to the forums? I'm always curious how these interpretations are made and molded about self and societal identity both.

I hope you find some answers or insight that are of use.

VeritasVosLiberabit

I suppose it makes a difference if you see the world on a linear plane of progression. Is there a purpose that we are to realize? Is it absolutely necessary (for the ultimate good) that humans reproduce? Asexuality is an orienation. It is not a lifestyle choice like celibacy. We recognize that others have sexual attraction and it's true and good for them. We aren't trying to end sex/sexual attraction/sexual reproduction for others. However, it would go against my being to force myself into sex just for the sake of forwarding the human species. Having sex with a man would not change my orientation. Just like having sex with another man (for whatever reason) wouldn't make a heterosexual man homosexual. I am not nor have I ever been sexually attracted to other human beings, therefore I do not see the need to have sex with them. Fitting into your argument- if sex is, as you say, in existence for an important purpose, then why can't asexuality be for an important purpose? It can't be said that one thing exists and is therefore important (has a purpose) while another thing shares the same trait (existence) yet is not important or for a purpose. Was your point to suggest that asexuality as an orientation does not exist at all? Hope all of that made sense. :-/ It's there in my head but difficult for me to articulate.

You raise some good points and questions here Beta-Fish. I do not see the world as a linear plane of progression, however, I do believe that choice is a grand illusion, not in the sense that actions are predestined. This nihilism of free will mostly means that an infinite number of factors determine our decisions unconsciously, e.g atomically. I may explain more later but for now it would be too much to type. I also am an amoral nihilist and do not believe in a definitive good vs. evil but revolve my life more along the dichotomies of mathematical vs. instinctual. This is something else I may need lots more time to explain if you feel it needs clarification. If you feel that it is against your nature to feel human attraction, then I will take your word on that until I understand the core of what asexualism is more deeply. I just feel as if a lack of attraction would by default lead towards a lack of empathy, which would lead to psychologically harmful states of mind( ie. sociopathology, depression, etc.) But because many asexuals seem normal here, this means that I need further knowledge of the asexual psyche before I can draw any real conclusions.

It's a lack of sexual attraction, some people here feel no romantic attraction; aromantics, but i don't see how not wanting to have sex with someone correlates with lack of empathy.

I just feel as if a lack of attraction would by default lead towards a lack of empathy, which would lead to psychologically harmful states of mind( ie. sociopathology, depression, etc.) But because many asexuals seem normal here, this means that I need further knowledge of the asexual psyche before I can draw any real conclusions.

What?!

What you're saying would mean that straight men just because they aren't sexually attracted to other men would develop a "lack of empathy" towards other men and become sociopaths. Same with straight women towards other women and so on with all other sexual orientations. :rolleyes:

There is no asexual psyche. It is a lack of sexual attraction, nothing more, nothing less. Anything else is individual.

Let me ask you this: Are the only people you feel empathy towards those you are attracted to? If so then maybe you're the sociopath.

Oh, and we're not lab animals to be studied.

Archived