Harlot Magazine

Gosling

Harlot magazine, the free, online, shorter version of Scarlet magazine, has made an article on asexuality in its most recent issue - issue 19.

The article is entitled "Rise of the Asexual" and talks to 3 asexuals, mentions Bogaert's 2004 study, and also links to AVEN, Acebook, and Platonic Partners.

I don't know if other people can access it, but this is the link to the Harlot issue: http://www.harlotmagazine.co.uk/issue0019/index.html

You can skip to the article by clicking on the small link in the bottom right corner labelled 'Thumbnail View' and clicking on the picture fourth from the left on the second row. Sorry about the half-naked women next to it.

The article is better than I would have expected given the rest of the magazine. However, they didn't get the definition of libido right. Or at least the way AVEN tries to define it as something asexuals very well might have. And I sort of resent the picture on the first page of the article. I do sleep in the same bed with my partner, thank you very much. And maybe the headline is a bit strange as well. There's not so much a rise of asexuals as just people who've been this way all along but have now started labeling themselves as asexual.

The article is better than I would have expected given the rest of the magazine. However, they didn't get the definition of libido right. Or at least the way AVEN tries to define it as something asexuals very well might have. And I sort of resent the picture on the first page of the article. I do sleep in the same bed with my partner, thank you very much. And maybe the headline is a bit strange as well. There's not so much a rise of asexuals as just people who've been this way all along but have now started labeling themselves as asexual.

Yes, I thought the picture was a bit odd too. I'm sure I've seen it somewhere else, talking either about something similar, or a sexless marriage.

And yeah, from what I could tell they mixed up lack of libido with asexuality.

Perhaps with 'rise of asexuals' they were referring to the rise in the visibility of asexuals?

Thanks for letting us know about the article Gosling! :)

You're welcome. :)

Yeah, that's not a bad article! :)

It was a surprising place to find one too.