Black Ring Thing

ChrissyBunny

I wear mine on my right middle finger. I've had it a long time, I think I got it a couple of years ago (or earlier?) when the first discussions about the Black Ring Thing were floating around on AVEN. I think at first I used to wear it on my left middle finger but since re-reading the current consensus, I've switched it to the right.

Mine's haematite but it's cracked and I'm a little worried it may break, so I might get a new one...

Nico-Nico Friendo

Mine is hematite, I think... It's not metal at least...

One of my managers wears a black ring on her right hand middle finger too, and I'm so curious if it's just a coincidence or if she's asexual too :blink:

Maybe you can ask her, "Does that black ring symbolize anything?" or "Does that black ring have any significant meaning?"

• 4 years later...
Fajita with Pretty OK Hair

mines on my middle right, though not technically a ring, its a black hair tie, still waiting on the right ring smile.gif

Haha, mines a holder from my science textbook.

I've got a black Lord of the Rings ring. I had a plain one for more formal situations - mostly Model UN conferences, but it broke when I was in New York last April. Other than that one week I've worn mine everyday for just over a year now.

Mine I bought on Amazon like over the summer I think. I don't remember how much exactly it costed, but I think it was around $5 or $7. I figured it was perfect because it actually has aces on it XD It's this one http://www.fly-style-jewelry.com/images/produkte/i77/776-risst005.jpg

I really want one...but idk where to get one in store :( and I'm too scared that people will know what it is and judge me...I already rehearsed that if someone asked me about the ring, I would pretend that it was from fashion or something.

I really want one...but idk where to get one in store :( and I'm too scared that people will know what it is and judge me...I already rehearsed that if someone asked me about the ring, I would pretend that it was from fashion or something.

I wouldn't worry about that to be honest. I've only had a few people ask and that was only because it's a LotR ring that was black and they wanted to know why it was black (for the record I chickened out and just said I liked the black one best). I've never seen one in a store either unfortunately, I had to order mine online.

_stillahomosapien_

I wear mine on my right middle. It has a purple heart decal.

• 4 weeks later...
LookingGlassAlice

Does anyone wear one on a different finger? I want to get one but I am really sensitive to having things on like jewelry and I think I might be more comfortable with wearing it on a different finger than the middle but I don't want people to misinterpret it to mean something else... :/

Right hand, middle finger. Size 12. Ring #2 with fake diamonds. It's splendid!

Wandering Ace

Does anyone wear one on a different finger? I want to get one but I am really sensitive to having things on like jewelry and I think I might be more comfortable with wearing it on a different finger than the middle but I don't want people to misinterpret it to mean something else... :/

Technically, a black ring on any other finger on the right hand is a symbol that some swingers use to identify themselves to other swingers. From LifeStyleRings: "Wear your black ring on your right hand to let others know you're in the lifestyle too (poly/swinger/etc.) If someone wearing a ring on their right hand approaches you, start a conversation with them."

Interestingly, they make it very clear that the middle finger of the right hand is off limits. I find it touching, almost, that they would extend us that courtesy.

So, as long as it's not on the right hand, I'll think you'll be all right.

LookingGlassAlice

Thanks for that info! Good to know. I will try it on my middle finger but if it gets too uncomfortable I'll try my left hand instead.

Archived