Black Ring Thing

ChrissyBunny

Hi

I know this post has been done a thousand times before but.........

Does anyone remember ages ago when wearing the ring on diferent figers meant different thigs?

For example if you wore it in your left ring finger meant you wear aromantic or something like that.

Can you let me know which finger was which? I have a friend who wears his on the right ring finger. I know most people go right middle finger, inc myself. I don't know if he is ace or not but I might have a better idea if I could remember which finger meant what!

Yeah I wear mine on that finger but I know ages ago there was a few different ways to wear. Just wondered if anyone can remeber what the rules were?

Is the black ring thing something Grey-A's can do, too? And if so, would anyone happen to know where I might be able to find one? I've poked around online and found some, but I don't trust ring sizing charts and want to be able to try rings on before I buy them, haha. :P

The black ring is a symbol of asexuality, so if you consider yourself to be asexual, you can wear it ;)

I've done some searching and this is what I've found:

Black Onyx Purity Rings

According to gemstone historians' date=' Roman warriors carried onyx carvings of gods into battle. The ancients believed black onyx had the power to protect them from both outside threats and internal conflicts and emotions that could cause them harm or lead them astray. Today, black onyx still carries a suggestion of self-control and strength. It is often used for purity rings, a popular symbol of commitment to sexual purity or celibacy.

Read more: What Is the Meaning of a Black Ring? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_6748891_meaning-black-ring_.html#ixzz13NeELKt6[/quote']

Wearing a ring often communicates some sort of message to oneself and to the world. Because the left brain is responsible for logic, and controls the right hand, it is reasonable to assume wearing a ring on the right hand represents conscious logical awareness and a desire to control one's life and actions. Since the right brain controls the left hand and creativity, rings on the left hand represent beliefs, creativity, and attitudes. Wearing a ring on any particular finger is usually associated with a desire to increase the power associated with that finger.

The Thumb - The Meaning of the Thumb for Rings: Will Power - The thumb represents the logic and will power thinking of our being which controls our actions. The thumb is independent from the other fingers and is perhaps the single most important finger while working together as a team with the rest of the hand. It is figurative of strength and symbolizes independent thought and freedom.

The Index Finger - The Meaning of the Index Finger for Rings: Authority & Ambition - This finger represents our need to increase our ego and establish authority and power. It is also associated with leadership and ambition. Kings, priests and healers wore rings on the index finger because that finger was thought to be especially powerful. People often wear a ring on their index finger to demonstrate assertiveness, or power.

The Middle Finger - The Meaning of the Middle Finger for Rings: Identity & Materialism - Being the tallest finger, the middle finger is associated with our purpose in life. Also the center of the hand, it represents personal identity and those things that are most important to us. People who wear a ring on their middle finger often desire to be the center of attention.

The Ring Finger - The Meaning of the Ring Finger for Rings: Emotion, Creativity & Heart: Wearing a ring on the "ring" finger represents a connection to the heart, as it is thought to be closely related to the artery that goes to the heart. It is associated with our feelings of affection and love. It is also representative of our creativity and artistic self. Wearing a ring on this finger on the left hand represents to others a betrothal to the giver of the ring and a commitment of faithfulness. If the ring was purchased by the wearer, it represents self-love and self-worth and belief in talent.

Little Finger - The Meaning of the Little Finger for Rings: Relationships: Rings on the little or pinky finger represents confidence in business and personal relationships. It is a symbol of strength and bonding towards others. Being opposite to the finger of independence, it is related to our attitudes towards other people, intimacy, and the material world, since it faces the world, and watches our back, as our friends do. It also expresses a person's attitude towards themselves and their own attractiveness.Wearing a ring is a distinction of honour, but wearing many rings is usually a sign of someone who wants to attract attention to themselves, however many rings are a detraction from the personality, and perhaps a sign of low-self confidence. Hopefully we have helped you to understand what is the meaning of each finger for rings.

http://ezinearticles.com/?What-is-the-Meaning-of-Each-Finger-For-Rings?&id=1757185

InkedElephant

i wear mine on my left middle finger; it's bothersome on my right hand when i write.

the whole 'which finger' part is interesting, but i just do whatever's comfortable for me.

I plan on sporting mine on my middle right because it's the most recognizable way to wear it.

mines on my middle right, though not technically a ring, its a black hair tie, still waiting on the right ring :)

The Doctor Who?

I wear mind on my right ring finger. I meant to buy it for my right middle finger, but the sizing chart was a bit off. xD x

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I didn't really want to post a whole new one just to ask. When you say 'black ring', do you mean a normal metal ring with a black jewel? Or a black band?

Usually, people wear a black band or a band of very dark metal (like hematite).

Stormy Wether

Mine's a black band, every time it chips I touch it up with black nail polish. Middle finger, right hand.

Mine is hematite, I think... It's not metal at least...

One of my managers wears a black ring on her right hand middle finger too, and I'm so curious if it's just a coincidence or if she's asexual too :blink:

The Doctor Who?

Anyone have a link where you can buy one? I really can't find one suitable, and at an okay price. Thanks in advance! x

Being a later addition to the site, I've only heard of it being on the right middle finger. My ace ring is three small rings, the outer two being black and the inner one silvery with a purple triangle stone.

Being a later addition to the site, I've only heard of it being on the right middle finger. My ace ring is three small rings, the outer two being black and the inner one silvery with a purple triangle stone.

wow. that sounds cool :D haha. i like how you made the flag.

but i dont know where to find a black ring?! lol. can someone help

That depends on where you live, you can check out the stores there. I know a lot of people buy one online...

I found and bought one at e-bay and then found a bunch of them in a tourist shop in Crete lol. :rolleyes:

I actually bought mine in a shop where they sell all kind of stones that are supposed to be good for different things... They also sell some jewelry made out of those stones.

I like the idea of a black ring! Coincidentally I always wear a ring on my right middle finger (though it is my class ring not a black band).

• 1 month later...

I managed to make a wide plastic band that looks fairly decent. It took a lot of cutting, sanding, and polishing, but now no one would ever guess that it used to be a bottle-cap.

I should hope there are no rules because I'm dextrophobic and CAN'T wear it on my right hand. Also - there are people who don't have a right hand!

Right now it lives on a necklace, so all good ^-^

Is the black ring thing something Grey-A's can do, too? And if so, would anyone happen to know where I might be able to find one? I've poked around online and found some, but I don't trust ring sizing charts and want to be able to try rings on before I buy them, haha. :P

The black ring is a symbol of asexuality, so if you consider yourself to be asexual, you can wear it ;)

I guess that means I can't wear one. That's kind of disappointing, because I was thinking how cool it would make me look whenever I flipped someone off. I guess that's kind of disrespectful to the ring's actual purpose anyway, though.

Stormy Wether

I guess that means I can't wear one. That's kind of disappointing, because I was thinking how cool it would make me look whenever I flipped someone off. I guess that's kind of disrespectful to the ring's actual purpose anyway, though.

Grey-A's are included among aces aren't they?

Or maybe you'd like a grey ring, like pewter.

Grey-A's are included among aces aren't they?

Or maybe you'd like a grey ring, like pewter.

That's a good idea. I was thinking about that, but I wasn't sure if a grey(gray)(I don't know for sure what my own country's spelling of that word is) ring meant anything.

I just ordered mine today. I chose the size, based on my right middle finger.

Archived