Why so far away why not just talk. It makes me feel hated :(.

The Werewolf

Hi guys i am a sexual and i have a simplistic understanding of asexuality that is i understand from what i read but i am not able to understand on an emotional level i am trying though. I have a person i would consider a vary good friend. She is asexual and i sexual i do find her attractive but not because she is sexually attractive( i have seen alot better but dose not matter dont want to ruin the relationship.) but because we connected emotionally. Something i really need at this time it is hard for me to connect with others i cant just let anyone in. I let this person in and we have been friends for a while not and now all of a sudden she seems to be avoiding me. It hurts servilely because she was a person i could talk to about anything and i dont have many like her. I need her advice and i cant seem to hang out with her. I need to hang out in person because i suck at the internet and telling how i feel about things over it as well as getting my point across.How can i make her understand im ok with just being friends but i still want to be close.

emily was here

I don't really know your situation, so I might be way off base, but I'm guessing that your asexual friend is avoiding you because she realized that you are attracted to her and doesn't know what to do about it. If I was in her shoes,(which I have been in the past)I would feel like I was somehow letting you down by not being able to return your feelings.

When you two hang out, is it in a date-like setting? If so, she might be feeling pressured to act like your girlfriend and because of that, feel like she is leading you on.

Again, I'm just guessing. I've lost a few guy friends that became romantically interested me, and because i was oblivious, I unintentionally lead them on. When they did realize that I wasn't interested, feelings got hurt and hanging out became awkward.

You're in a better position than any of my guy friends were however because you already know she is asexual. I hope you guys work everything out, just tell her that you're not gonna pressure her into being anything more than friends.

good luck, I hope my advice was helpful.

This may not be because she's asexual yanno.

When i read the post, i don't think it's her being asexual to be honest. I am probably getting it all wrong but if someone kept coming to me and needed me emotionally on a regular basis I'd avoid them too because I don't deal with emotional situations well.

She may also have other things on her plate as well. If i knew someone and they had problems, i wouldn't mention mine. I'd seek refuge alone and just become distant.

All in all you should talk to her and ask her what's up. Why is she avoiding you because in the end we can't tell you what she's thinking. You have to ask her yourself, we can only give you our support and I hope things get better.

Archived