Coming out: Gay VS being a virgin which is harder.

Have you heard of that gay orthodox rabbi; Rabbi Greenburg I think his name was?

Nope, but that's pretty cool.

DayTripperYeah

Of course being gay is more difficult when your life is at stake due to all the extreme bigots out there.

It goes back to me hating people. For every nice one you meet, you seem to meet about ten jerks.

hmmmm unfortunately if u said you're a virgin everyone will think you're 1)loser & cant get laid 2)u have medical problems.

how twisted this world is.

however its really alot more dangerous to open up as being gay than virgin. :shock:

so it may be more acceptable for someone to say "yo im gay" than say "yo im asexual and thus a virgin". but if you said the second some will bound to suspect you're the first. :roll:

DayTripperYeah

The more that I see people hen-peck others over simple things like what they choose to wear, what you fill in your grocery cart, etc...it's no wonder that some of the mainstream cannot wrap their heads around more serious topics.

oh and another group you are lumped into for being a virgin--is the Christian Right**. Which is fine if that's the group you want to be in. But since I don't believe in organized religion and don't like how GWB and his cronies twist it for their political agendas, I don't want to be associated with those folk.

**and yes, I realize that not every Christian is fanatical and extreme like those I just mentioned.

Not all unmarried Christians are virgins either. Most of the so called 'Christian' men I dated in college pushed for sexual activity and expected it from their girlfriends.

Interestingly - those I met and/or dated that were not sexually agressive Christians - were usually left wing hippy Christians. go figure.

I'm moderate and stayed a virgin - barely. And I'm sure there are very conservative Christians who do remain Christian - and liberal Christians who don't - I just found a lot of my stereotypes shattered during those year...

Another thing I think that makes it difficult to say exactly what is harder to come out as - is the type of family and friends you have. If you live with extremely open and accepting people it's easier to be anything... you know you'll get the support you need.

But someone living in a brutally cruel environment can't even say they don't like 'peas' without recieving a barrage of abuse.

hawke

I have an ex-friend who is a hard-line Christian and always advocated no sex before marriage. Right up until the point where he was in a situation where he could get some.

Back to the topic, parents of virgins are far less likely to do this to their kids: http://blog.jackola.net/929588.html

DayTripperYeah

I agree it does depend on the family you have.

And those "anti gay" camps are disturbing!! How is this allowed in America?

What if someone made an white power camp?

This is just teaching bigotry.

I hope when that kid turns 18 he disowns his family and doesn't look back.