The Self Esteem Poll for All Avenites

Hot_Air_Balloons

The Self Esteem Poll  

1. 1. "Asexuals" Only - What is Your General Level of Self Esteem?

• Narcissist, I Think I'm Better than Everyone!
    • I Think I'm Really Great!
    • I Love Myself, Even with My Faults
    • I Love Myself Sometimes, But Still Have Periods of Low Self Worth
    • I Like Myself Most of the Time
    • I Alternate Between Like/Love and Dislike/ Hate of Myself
    • I Really Don't Have an Opinion on Myself / Neutral
    • Most of the Time I Feel Down on Myself
    • I Really Dislike Myself, Most of the TIme
    • I Dislike Myself a Lot
    • I Really Hate Myself (I hope not!)
    • I Wish I Was Never Born. (Please Don't Wish this!)
    • Not Sure / It Varies
    • I Don't Identify as Asexual
  2. 2. "Gray-A" Only - What is Your General Level of Self Esteem?

• I Dislike Myself a Lot
    • Not Sure / It Varies
    • I Don't Identify as Gray-A
  3. 3. "Demi" Only - What is Your General Level of Self Esteem?

• I Dislike Myself a Lot
    • Not Sure / It Varies
    • I Don't Identify as Demi
  4. 4. "Sexuals" Only - What is Your General Level of Self Esteem?

• I Dislike Myself a Lot
    • Not Sure / It Varies
    • I Don't Identify as Sexual

This poll is closed to new votes

Hot_Air_Balloons

I see a lot posted about self esteem. I think almost everyone struggles with this, EVERYWHERE. I've struggled myself. So lets see where we stand.

Vote in the category you fit best: asexual, gray a, demi etc.

If you REALLY feel depressed, please get help! You are worth it!

I am asexual and I voted this:

I Alternate Between Like/Love and Dislike / Hate of Myself

I'm still working on it.

yeah, well. my option's not really there, so i can't vote. on the one hand, i'm a complete narcissist (as everyone who knows me will eagerly attest); i know i can beat anyone at just about anything in which i have a talent, and i've been told repeatedly by people who know that i'm exceptionally smart and good at what i do. but i also can't stand myself, and i'm more or less convinced that i'm a waste of space. the two are not necessarily mutually exclusive. having a realistic assessment of one's gifts and thinking one is a good and valuable person have very, very little to do with one another.

edit: well. OK. i suppose the "alternating" option works. but it doesn't really tell the whole story, as that makes it sound like i go back and forth between the two, when really they're both there constantly and simultaneously.

Hot_Air_Balloons

edit: well. OK. i suppose the "alternating" option works. but it doesn't really tell the whole story, as that makes it sound like i go back and forth between the two, when really they're both there constantly and simultaneously.

Sorry I missed that one. But that choice would work well for you then. Too bad so many people in the world struggle with self-esteem :(

I don't really see one that fits me, precisely.

I am asexual, and I am generally pretty confident about my abilities, especially in my chosen career, where I am well known.

But in my personal life ... ? hmmm ...

Well, I'm no angel but I'm not evil either. I do my best to give everybody the benefit of the doubt for as long as I possibly can. It takes a lot to get on my bad side, so overall I think I'm a fairly decent person. Not perfect, but decent.

That would be my overall level of self-esteem. I accept myself as I am. I am no better or worse than the average person - just trying to get through life without making the world any worse than it was when I first got here. If I can leave one small corner of the world a little bit better than it was when I found it, that would be my definition of success. (That's why I'm still at AVEN, BTW.)

-GB

yeah, well. my option's not really there, so i can't vote. on the one hand, i'm a complete narcissist (as everyone who knows me will eagerly attest); i know i can beat anyone at just about anything in which i have a talent, and i've been told repeatedly by people who know that i'm exceptionally smart and good at what i do. but i also can't stand myself, and i'm more or less convinced that i'm a waste of space. the two are not necessarily mutually exclusive. having a realistic assessment of one's gifts and thinking one is a good and valuable person have very, very little to do with one another.

This is how I feel about myself.

I'm kind of in between P (you are so not a "waste of space"!!!)and GBird. I'm definitely not a narcissist, but I am better than some people in some ways. I mostly feel pretty good about myself. I try to learn from my mistakes and be a better me. I also hope that, maybe, I'll leave the world a tiny bit better for having been alive, or at least make some people's lives just a bit better while I'm here. I do have my moments of doubt about that and about my general self-worth and sometimes feel like I'm unnoticed (much less, unloved!). My answer to that is not too mope around too much when I feel that way, but try to turn it around by doing something for someone else if possible, or for myself, or even just think about my positives. :)

I'm with P. Well, not really, but as far as this is concerned. But alternating doesn't work at all; simultaneous does. This kind of thing doesn't operate on a steady line up or down. (That made no sense.)

Although sometimes when I've done something which I and others think is pretty good, my self-esteem shoots up and then either shoots or drifts down again. But that's not alternating, just situational shifting.

Amputation Defenestration

I'm kind of with P. I've got a lot of ups and downs, and while at times the ups or downs seem to be winning, they're both there the whole time, I think.

I answered "I Really Don't Have an Opinion on Myself / Neutral" because I... I don't really feel anything about myself. I can reflect upon my motivations, flaws, and merits, but apart from an analysis of what I am, I can't say that I'd be able to like or dislike myself. I like my existence the way I currently experience it, sure, but myself? Trying to like or dislike myself feels like trying to roll my eyes so I can see inside my own head.

Archived