Asexual commune

silvergirl

Ooh! Let's go down to ATown! It started off as just one little cafe, but those asexuals totally took over. Whenever you go there, you'll see 'em just walking around, not holdng hands or kissing or making out in the corners of the bars or anything. . .. Unless, of course, they need to hold hands to keep everybody from getting lost. Or something. Its sick! :P

http://asexuality.org/discussion/viewtopic...ight=population

Silly Green Monkey

I think he's imitating a sarcastic sexual reporter or something like that. We'd all really like to get together, but we were hoping to see each other and not have to worry about empty rooms due to the surrounding lack of asexuals. Some of us live close to each other, most of us have large blank areas.

Oh, that Keith - always the witty funster. I remember having a very involved discussion with a couple of AVENfriends some months back...the communal house was going to be on the east coast. Forget some of the design details, but I think it had to have a turret and a mansard roof. I added the nine-foot privacy fence in the back yard. :)

I think he's imitating a sarcastic sexual reporter or something like that. We'd all really like to get together, but we were hoping to see each other and not have to worry about empty rooms due to the surrounding lack of asexuals. Some of us live close to each other, most of us have large blank areas.

Oh, yes. Most definately. No, Silvergirl, I haven't a problem one with the thread. It is a fairly common thought, one that we explore pretty regularly and enjoy very much whenever it is brought up. I, for one, would love to have an asexual commune. But I want it to be an a big, impressive, old castle. With a great big moat. And alligators in the moat. Somewhere in Europe, most likely. Because alligators are so common, there. . . . :P

And, also, were there to be an "a" area of town, I imagine that some people would come around just to gawp, much like they do in the "gay" areas of town. . . Seriously, I see this alla time. People wandering around "The Emerald City" (or the gayborhood, as it is also known around here. . . . They used to call it "Oz", but that has taken on a completely different connotation since that HBO series. . . :shock: ) talking about how gross it is to see all of these guys walking around. . . Openly holding hands. . . And KISSING! My reaction? And? You were expecting to see, maybe, what, exactly? If you can't take the flames, stay outta the streets, ya' know. . .

I was also referring to the rather odd tone of the thread I was referencing. Cate opens a comedy club in an old dive-bar called the "A-Hole". Several of us become members of the A-Team. . . Liver, I think, was BA Barracus. . . And I express a distaste with the whole town after WoMBat enters and sings a little anthem based on, amoung other things, the song "Funkytown" by Lipps, Inc.

And I am a witty funster? :? Nobody has ever thought I was fun before. Usually, I am accused of being an unpleasant stick in the mud. . . .

*glows*

I would hate being surrounded by like-minded people. With whom would I debate? It is better to have to turn to AVEN for support, and to appreciate it, than to have the support coming from all angles constantly and to take it for granted.

An asexual cruise would be delightful.

PearBeBeautiful

Hmm...an asexual commune? Interesting idea. I have to say, personally something like an "asexual neighborhood" or even the forementioned coffee shop or bar sounds wonderful.

At this point in my life, other than when I'm on AVEN, I feel like the only asexual on the planet. I've tried explaining asexuality to a couple friends and my mom-- most of whom gave an seemingly understanding nod of the head and said that I might change my mind later....

So when you start making plans for housing, lemme know. Until then, I'll see you around the board! :wink:

I'd *love* it. What a treat it would be to be around like minded people. We'd have to take over a city block or a large apartment house though - I need lots of space.

And we'd need some kind of code set up so that no one would bother another who didn't want to be bothered :? ...

Imagine a commune for asexual people. Not necessarily total communal living, but maybe on the lines of a retirement village. Separate units, communal spaces, but no obligation. Couples (or trios, etc) could form if people wanted, for whatever level of intimacy they were comfortable with. Seems low population density within the normal population could be a big part of our problem. What do you think?

GOD I'd want to go there!!! I wish it wouldn't be a retirement village though. I want to go now, not wait until and if I get to live long enough to be a certain age or retired. I feel alone and different now and would feel good living somewhere I'm not something nobody ever heard of. I'd think I died and went to heaven!

Rose_and_Thorn

lol, reading some of 'immitation' replies of how the world would perceive it makes me think of what we do to the poor Amish people in PA. They have like busloads of kids come and gawk at them living out their life and saying "WEIRD Man" :lol:

I can only imagine the similarities. Or like hecklers flashing us from afar and shouting "does this turn you on?" :lol:

quietbraggadocio

Hey I've got an idea! The whole commune idea is a bit not happening unless someone forks out some major cash. Why don't we make up a support net though? I've got an appartment, if anyone wants to go on a trip or needs a place to crash for any reason, not just to vist, I'd be willing to house them indefinitely. I went without a home and stayed at a friend's place for a month or so, I'd be willing to do the same for anyone.

My place would make a great minicommune! I've got two couches and two mattresses. You're welcome to whatever food I've got, I've got basic cable, and you can access the internet at my school. Anyone going to or through eastern Texas just let me know and I'll give you directions and my phone number. If you're staying for a long haul I'd be good if you could chip in for rent or food, but if not thats fine too, I'm hospitable, just do the dishes some time and we'll call it even. :wink:

quietbraggadocio

Actually fire ants haven't been a problem since the 90s, Its the giant roaches you have to look out for. Don't worry, I don't have any of those either. :)

Rose_and_Thorn
Actually fire ants haven't been a problem since the 90s, Its the giant roaches you have to look out for. Don't worry, I don't have any of those either. :)

Ernest P Warrell taught us first hand the dangers of fire ants in Ernest Goes to Camp. Can't argue with the man who saved all the comercial holidays. :lol:

AAAUUURRRGGGHHHH!!!!

Giant flying roaches! :shock:

I remember Texas well ....

Lived there for 20 years, and I still come back for a visit once in a blue moon. Usually the Houston or DFW general area ...

However, I'll match your giant roach and raise you one banana slug!

http://public.fotki.com/Greybird52/misc_st...y.html#comments

We don't have any roaches here.

-Greybird

Is it just me or have these boards been suddenly overrun with bugs?

:shock:

*runs away until somebody bug bombs AVEN*

Ooh! Let's go down to ATown! It started off as just one little cafe, but those asexuals totally took over. Whenever you go there, you'll see 'em just walking around, not holdng hands or kissing or making out in the corners of the bars or anything. . .. Unless, of course, they need to hold hands to keep everybody from getting lost. Or something. Its sick! :P

http://asexuality.org/discussion/viewtopic...ight=population

Are you saying the desire to form a community is sick or the tendency of people to perve on and denigrate people who are different is sick?

At the moment the next thread in this forum is about loneliness. Perhaps an exploration of ways of dealing with this is not out of place, and I'm sorry if my research has been less than thorough

I thought it was being said like funny. You know, any time any kind of group has a bar, gay bars, go go bars for straights, etc., people say how the events going on in them are sick. All that sex stuff. Now, we'd have one without the sexual atmosphere, Oh how sick! I laughed hysterically when I read it, interpreting it my way. Like the writer was being sarcastic.

quietbraggadocio

Banana slug? Thats nothing! Try banana spider! Their poisonous and they hiss at intruders!

I once tossed a huge stick at one, and the stick just got stuck in the web. that stick weighted about 3lbs! :shock: The spider was at least a half a foot long too. I've only ever seen one though.

spid1.jpg

Banana slug? Thats nothing! Try banana spider! Their poisonous and they hiss at intruders!

I once tossed a huge stick at one, and the stick just got stuck in the web. that stick weighted about 3lbs! :shock: The spider was at least a half a foot long too. I've only ever seen one though.

Yipes! Giant hissing spiders .... oi.

I hope non of our Avenites have severe arachniphobia!

*visualizes sudden flurry of emergency medical calls, worldwide*

Perhaps the various invertebrate inhabitants of our asexual retreat can have their own private area .... ? They have a right to live, but perhaps not in the same room with the rest of us.

-Greybird

Archived