Question for myself and others

Charcoal

Is there such a thing as a bi-asexual? I love physical contact like hugs, pats and simple head leans. They are a huge part of who I am. I cling to my friends all the time. I've never kissed anyone but to me it seems like it would be like touching hands, another way to express my affection. Deep kissing is disturbing though. Anywho the whole bi-asexual thing, I've felt increased attraction to both males and females but sexually, I simply want to get to know them better and maybe have one on one time with them. The idea of sex is more disturbing with females then males though. (I am female) Anyone else like this? Am I a romantic bi-asexual or a aromantic?

Thank you reading! Passing on the love :cake: to every one who reads this!

Asexual means you don't get any urges at all. So I don't know what it is you're explaining..

In my understanding a romantic asexual is something like someone who has no interest in sex but would like a lifelong partner?

Asexual is lacking sexual attraction, asexuals can still experience romantic (wanting a relationship with someone) or aethetic attraction (finding someone beautiful to look at).

Yes, you can ID as bi-asexual. You'll commonly see bi-romantic asexual used on the forum, but both terms are acceptable.

Asexual is lacking sexual attraction, asexuals can still experience romantic (wanting a relationship with someone) or aethetic attraction (finding someone beautiful to look at).

Yes, you can ID as bi-asexual. You'll commonly see bi-romantic asexual used on the forum, but both terms are acceptable.

Okay, and a aromantic would have no interest in any relationship?

Electric Barbarella

Well, if you are romantically (but not sexually!) attracted to both females and males it means you're a biromantic asexual, as far as my knowledge of terminology goes. :lol: Is that what you meant?

Or, as Acer said. :)

Lady Heartilly

Is there such a thing as a bi-asexual? I love physical contact like hugs, pats and simple head leans. They are a huge part of who I am. I cling to my friends all the time. I've never kissed anyone but to me it seems like it would be like touching hands, another way to express my affection. Deep kissing is disturbing though. Anywho the whole bi-asexual thing, I've felt increased attraction to both males and females but sexually, I simply want to get to know them better and maybe have one on one time with them. The idea of sex is more disturbing with females then males though. (I am female) Anyone else like this? Am I a romantic bi-asexual or a aromantic?

You're the only one who can decide what you are, but to me, this description sounds like a biromantic demisexual.

Well, if you are romantically (but not sexually!) attracted to both females and males it means you're a biromantic asexual, as far as my knowledge of terminology goes. :lol: Is that what you meant?

Yes, sorry if the post was confusing :redface: thank you both for helping!

You're the only one who can decide what you are, but to me, this description sounds like a biromantic demisexual.

I don't think I'm demisexual... To me physical contact is a way to express my self? I sometimes prefer it to words, I've never felt like being touched or touching anyone sexually.

Okay, Biromantic asexual. Thank you, thinking on it maybe I should have read a few more forms before posting this. Heh, or posted it in Q&A. But thank you every one who helped!

I think it would be a sad state of affairs if touching always equated with sex.

I've hugged people in greeting and held someone's hand in friendship without any sexual or romantic feelings.

That feeling of camraderie and relaxed closeness you get with a long friendship does not equate with sexual feelings and in my opinion is much more valuable.

Electric Barbarella

Yes, sorry if the post was confusing :redface: thank you both for helping!

Hey, no problem. I'm glad to be of help. ^_^ And in case you're still wondering about aromanticism, as far as I know from browsing the forum, it means a lack of romantic attraction.

Just to clarify, though, when you said "one on one time", you meant time alone with that person but not involving sex, right? (Otherwise, if it does involve sex, as Lady Heartilly said, you might the demisexual instead.)

Hm, anyway. This feels like I know a whole lot of what I'm talking about. The truth is I'm very new here too so I might be talking nonsense, and only you can know for sure whether you are a/demi/sexual and a/bi/romantic. :)

Oh, and Synergy, I do agree with you. Haha, just want to say that.

Archived