Asexuality Questions for the Guys - Polls Included!

Hot_Air_Balloons

Asexuality Poll for the Guys  

1. 1. Do You Feel Offended by the Way Society Portrays Men as Sex Maniacs?

• Extremely
    • Very Much
    • Quite a Bit
    • Sometimes
    • Neutral / Don't Care
    • No / Not Really
    • Never
    • I Love the Image!
  2. 2. Do You Think it Would Be Easier being Asexual as a Girl?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • Probably Not
    • No
    • Don't Know / Not Sure
  3. 3. If You Were to Come Out (or Already Have), Do You Feel You Would Be Ridiculed / Disbelived More than a Woman?

• Definitely
    • Very Likely
    • Maybe A Little More
    • About the Same
    • Probably Not as Much
    • No, the Woman Would get Ridiculed More
    • Don't Know / Not Sure
  4. 4. Do You Have Issues with Your Man's Body?

• Yes, Alot of Issues
    • Some Issues
    • Very Few Issues
    • Slim to None
    • Never Have
    • Don't Know / Not Sure
    • Prefer Not to Answer
  5. 5. Do You Feel Your Asexuality Helps You to Be More Emotionally Connected with the People You Like (Or (Want to) Date)?

• Yes, Definitely
    • Very Likely
    • Probably
    • I think the Same as Sexuals
    • Probably Not
    • I Feel More Emotionally Detatched to Them
    • Can't Answer / Never Got that Close to Anyone
    • I Isolate Myself from People
  6. 6. Do You Feel You are Generally More Emotional than Other Guys?

• Definitely, Alot More
    • Quite a Bit More
    • A Little More
    • I Seem to Be About the Same
    • A Little Less
    • Quite a Bit Less
    • I'm Too Unemotional for My Own Good!
    • Don't Know / Not Sure

This poll is closed to new votes

Hot_Air_Balloons

Hey guys!

Just interested in what the guy's perspectives are on asexuality. I am an aromantic repulsed asexual female for your information. And sometimes I worry I looks "wierd" for not being paired up. Also I see sex promoted everywhere in society and it's bad enough for a girl , but I've often wondered what the ace guys have to go through. It seems like guys are so much more put down for not being sexual (enough). Guys are made out to look like sex maniac addicts in the media. Personally I am always wary of guys in real life because of this. There are so many predator stories promoted, really a young girl like me has to be careful. I've had plenty of really old men already bother me.

Anyway I myself have pretty much believe all guys are like how society says. Which makes me extra nervous around them. But after seeing some of the posts here by guys I realize not 100% of them are like that.

So here is what I am wondering. Are the guy friends you hang out with generally sex maniacs like society says? Or is society full of it. (Except for the real predators out there..) And how do you feel living with this image guys have? I have always been grateful that as an asexual I am a girl, because I would be SO OFFENDED by the way guys are portrayed if I was a guy. Also do you guys feel the pressures of society and feel bad about it? Or is it easy to ignore?

Also I have been pretty much told that a man's body is made to have sex non-sop and always wants to go. Do you think this is true? I really don't believe that one, but I am told I am wrong.

Tell me any more of your asexual perspectives because I am interested. Thanks guys!! :)

I think that it a grass is always greener on the other side deals. Because as an asexual woman, especially aromatics, would be annoyed to no end by men who appear want nothing more then to sleep with them, not that I think sexual woman feel the same way I just think that asexuals would be much more annoyed and I have never had to deal with that. As for the pressure to be overly sexual person to that I respond: I lack the ability to care of what other people think of me.

Hot_Air_Balloons

Ok thanks Bipolar Bear. I kind of wondered if it should be here but I wasn't sure.

Are the guy friends you hang out with generally sex maniacs like society says?

What guy friends? I almost exclusively hang out with female-people.

Hot_Air_Balloons

I think that it a grass is always greener on the other side deals. Because as an asexual woman, especially aromatics, would be annoyed to no end by men who appear want nothing more then to sleep with them, not that I think sexual woman feel the same way I just think that asexuals would be much more annoyed and I have never had to deal with that. As for the pressure to be overly sexual person to that I respond: I lack the ability to care of what other people think of me.

Good point about being a woman. I am annoyed/discusted by men who only seem to want one thing from girls. I am a Christian so that is very dissreseptful to me, whether I was sexual or asexual. But I think I get extra creeped out because I am asexual. It never occured to me that ace men wouldn't have to deal with that.

Good for you about not caring what people think. I am still trying to get past that one. Worrying about what people think is the only thing tha really bothers about being asexual, but it bothers me a lot...

Good posts so far guys!

• 3 weeks later...
LoNeR bY dEfAuLt

the one thing i feel very, very strongly about in this poll is the stereotype of men being sex maniacs, that offends me greatly, because in my own personal experience (present company excepted) it is the women who are actually sex-mad not the men

i believe this negative image of men is perpetuated by women as a shallow way for them to make them feel like they're on some kind of moral 'high ground'

Crumpled Curt

I have a lot of friends, both male and female, and they're just as sex crazed as each other.

It doesn't particularly offend me that males are generally considered sex maniacs stereotypically, because from my perspective/observations, they are. We're the minority, and I'm perfectly okay with that.

I think society has a much harder time accepting and understand an asexual woman than an asexual man. For example, if a man sleeps around a lot, he's slapped on the back for his conquests, but if women sleep around a lot she's considered slutty and dirty. Culturally, at least in the western hemisphere, it's much more acceptable for a woman to be having less sex, or none at all, than a man. IMO.

Odd question at the end, and a very good one. It's always been pointed out to me that I'm an extremely emotional person, a lot more than most of my other male friends. I wonder if that's connected to my asexuality. I'll have to retreat to grok on this.

As a heterosexual male who isn't asexual, my answers (though I didn't vote, and for the apropos questions assuming I were asexual) would be: Sometimes/Yes/Definitely/Never/Not applicable (this question is not so easy to answer without being asexual as the others)/Quite a Bit Less

CC hit it pretty well, actually. Males are expected to be able to have sex whenever (or, at the very least, sometimes), and if they can't, they are actually considered failures at life. No, I am serious. Females who have sex whenever are called sluts by society and also considered failures. See the conflict of interest here? And, also considering this fact, see the additional problems men who don't want sex would have?

From my experiences sexual men and sexual women are about the same with how much they want sex, women are just forced to repress it and men forced to embrace it thanks to societal trash.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a naturally ambivilant person. Thus, my answers were Don't Care/Don't Know/About the Same/Never Have/Never Got That Close to Anyone/A Little Less.

Now, I must point out that I lived an ignorant life. I avoided Middle School/High School politics with all that jazz by ignoring it. my friend group knows I don't care about such things, so no ridicule there.

i feel the last question is a bit of a hit and miss one

i feel more sensitive because who i am and my past with depression and generaly..honestly..being a more quiter sensitive soul

i doubt entirely that my sensitivity has anything to do with being asexual

Archived