What life-path did you take?

pyromancer

What life path did you take?  

1. 1.

• School -> University -> Graduate Career
    • School -> College -> Employment
    • School -> Employment
    • School -> Unemployment, living on benefits
    • School -> Partnership -> Family (traditional housewife/househusband role or LGBT homemakers)
    • School -> Further Education -> Drop Out -> Alternative Lifestyle
    • School -> Joined Family Business
    • School -> Single Parenthood
    • School -> Services (Armed, Police, Fire)
    • School -> Religious Ministry
    • Other (please give details!)

This poll is closed to new votes

str8fuknpimpin

oh. *looks around* was i suppose to be doin' something?

shiiiiiitt...missed the starting gun by a fuck load. :?

my plan is school -> college -> employment -> more schooling

• 2 years later...

School > College > Employment. I got a two-year Liberal Arts degree, majoring in art and writing. Waste of time. I regret that I didn't get trained for an actual career, since I've been stuck in boring dead-end jobs since then. My dream jobs would be as an artist (painter) and writer, although they don't pay the bills, unless you get famous. :(

Glitter Spock

I'm in the process of completing School > University > Graduate School > Career. I want to become an acoustician because music and physics fascinate me to no end. I'm in my first year at university and plan to declare myself a physics major with a music minor.

School -> Employment

I dropped out of school at fifteen due to illness and started working in an office a few days before my seventeenth. I have no qualifications but I've fought hard to gain the respect of the management, I'm told I'm considered to be knowledgeable and useful. I hate to think what dead-end job I would be in if I had gone for higher education. :lol: Ironic.

Nursery (pre-school)-->Primary School-->Secondary School-->University-->Nothing-->University--->?

(The question mark is because right at this minute I'm not sure whether to drop out of university again, or to continue. Then if we go further into the future, it may never be possible for me to get a job, and therefore I might spend my life mainly unemployed; or I might spend it in work, especially if I stay at university.)

Well I Plan on

End School -> Start Law School/Music Carreer -> Start Working On A Law Office/Start Going to Psychology University -> Go On Till I Die

For now it's School -> University ->hikikomori. The plan is to seek employment at some point, presuming my compulsion to hide from the world decreases to the point where that's possible.

So far, School -> University -> Unemployment. :(

Feels like about a 10:1 people-to-jobs ratio round here...

School -> University -> 1-year Masters (this is where I am now) -> Gainful Employment ... I chose the first option, which seemed the closest.

School - College - Employment and after one year of employment, night classes to get my final professional exams while working during day

this was because with my chosen profession, Accountancy, the college degree would only give so many exemptions to a professional exam (this is the case with all college who have accountancy degrees. however mine was one of the better. it had exemptions to first 9 exams for a 3 year course while other college have 9 exemptions for 4 years and others have 6 exemptions for 3 years)

it was 1 year of night classes to do the final 5 exams and pass them with flying colours (low 50's when you need 50% is flying colors as was the case with 4 of the 5)

• 1 month later...

School -> College -> Employment

I've been told I should have stayed in college (academics are pretty easy for me and I enjoy learning), but I wasn't comfortable with the college social environment (am antisexual). The work environment is very stagnant and dull, but it doesn't aggravate me and has flexible hours. Besides I only need to put up with work until I've saved enough for early retirement (with any luck I'll be able to spend twice as long in retirement as I spent working).

I chose 'other' because I did school, college, employment, homemaker/business owner and now I'm going back to graduate school. I guess my schooling/career/family path is kind of circular!!

Angie

uilleann_pipes_girl

Other here.

Preschool --> Unschool/homeschool --> part time community college --> transfered to college which is where I am now --> no idea!

I'm pretty sure I'll be going between school and work all my life. And hopefully there will be some travel in there. I'd like a companion and maybe eventually raise some adopted children, but I don't want an ordinary life. I want to live at least a tiny bit unconventionally.

School/employment, University/employment, Employment, Some Grad studies/employment, dropped out/employment, employment.

...err... ya fergot dat'un.

College and University are used pretty synonymously. Where I'm from, we say college to mean university (B.S., B.A., B.S.E., etc.) and community college to mean two-year associate degrees. We say Grad school to mean the Master's program.

Ah, woids. Aint's they grand. :P

I've also heard that the vast majority of people with "university" degrees do not work in their fields of study. I know this holds true for me. Anyone else?

I picked what I'm planning to do as of right now - the first option - I'm still in high school.

I've wanted to be a lawyer since we did a mock trial in 6th grade, so law school is currently very much in my life plans

jewel_box554

I'm still in the process of trying to figure out what I want out of life. I think I want to be a cinematographer and help make documentaries even if they're only for television. I'm trying to find any internships so I can decide if it's still for me. If that doesn't work out, I don't know what I'll do.

I'm at the end of the school stage now (senior in high school!) and here's my plan as it is now.

School > University (5 year program for both a bachelor's and a master's degree) > Go for a PhD > Some sort of research job

yellowrose80

I chose school -> single parenthood.

However, I would like to clarify that I graduated from high school, got pregnant and had a baby at 19 (father not around since 4th week of pregnancy), went to uni, graduated with a BA in Anthropology and History (minor English Literature) and am now at uni doing a Graduate Diploma in Education. Next year I'll be a qualified teacher and after a few years teaching experience I'll probably be back at uni doing my Masters whilst continuing to teach. I currently work in IT, and as a community volunteer too. So there's lots of things that the options overlooked. I have done much more than just be a single parent.

tomboy4life79

I droped out in grade 10, due to problems with my disabilty and the abuse I took from other students. I moved out of my moms at 19, but she still gave me money till I was 22. I then went on welfare till I was married at 26. When My husband died, at 27, I went back to my mom suporting me and am thinking about going back on welfare.

I'm in university right now, and studying to be a psychologist. I'm hoping to get a doctorate in psychology. :)

Left school at 16, went to work in a library. Left library at 20+ to go to college to take GCE 'A'Level (the course I took was intended as a refresher for kids who'd already done their 2-year course and failed). Got three out of my four subjects (2 years condensed into 9 months) with the intention of going to Bangor Uni to study Marine Biology. Failed Chemistry so joined the Civil Service until I decided what I wanted to do. Took early retirement 34 years later...where did all those years go????

Tan

Here is mine, since it didn't really fit any of the choices:

School-->College (associates)-->Employment-->University-->drop-out-->Unemployment-->College (current - bachelors coming up soon maybe)-->UT OH I AM LOST

What a crazy life I've had already!!! Jeez. I'm currently finishing up my last semester of classes. I'm SUPPOSED to be finding an internship for 3 months, but I'm having absolutely no luck. I've had many great interviews and then the coordinators wind up picking someone who went to a better college/uni than I did so they've had more experience than me. So I am going to start looking into jobs instead even without the actual piece of paper. I'm a pretty disgruntled person lately thanks to all that garbage.

• 2 weeks later...

i'm studying for a bachelor's degree now and i hope to study further and get a master's and a doctor's

i went to college, then decided against grad school while i was working. i'm waiting to see if i ever end up on disablity just to make the path more complicated.

Archived