Homoromantic love

platonic1985

Hi all,

I'm a boy of 25 and I feel "strange" because I feel romantic attraction towards men, not sexual at all.

Is anyone out there that feel like me?

Valerio

Hello platonic1985. I actually feel the same way. I can't imagine me having sexual contact with another man (though I do not rule it out - whatever happens will happen), but I do find myself having romantic feelings towards men and only men. I often wonder if my inexperience of relationships in general is what has led me to this sort of viewpoint, be it squeamishness or indifference, but this is something I can't really put my finger on until I am in a relationship and the situation arises.

• 1 month later...
somewhere_else

Yes ~ here's one. :)

But in the form of a girl.

(Can read my post--> here.)

I don't generally get any romantic feelings for people; but if I were to choose a life partner, it would most likely be of a female persuasion, since from experience I find that I'm more compatible with that gender. *shrug*

My first love was a chick. Of course, I didn't realize how much I loved her at the time. I just thought we were "best friends". It wasn't until she stopped talking to me - out of the blue, we hadn't even fought - that I realized I'd been "dumped". It took me a while to get over her.

Yup, there's plenty of homoromantic asexuals on AVEN (and off AVEN). Guys like you feeling romantic feelings for men and only men but no sexual feelings for them (or anyone else). And women who feel the same about women. Asexuals feel romantic feeling along the same lines as sexuals - some of us are aromantic but a good number aren't.

You aren't alone in it, trust me.

• 2 weeks later...

Homo-romantic male asexual here. Having dabbled in the gay-sexual community, I think it's hard to identify as homo-romantic, since the gay male community is often so overly driven by sex. Still, I'm very attracted to men, but don't have an interest in sex. I wish there were more of us out there!!

I don't generally get any romantic feelings for people; but if I were to choose a life partner, it would most likely be of a female persuasion, since from experience I find that I'm more compatible with that gender. *shrug*

Hmm, I don't have a romance drive either. But, if I were to choose a life partner, I'd choose one of the female gender. That's because by doing so I could save myself from quite a few headaches if I had a female rather than a male person by my side: the pressure of society, while manageable, is still a major factor in decision making.

Speaking of homo-romantic love, can you fancy as in be romantically attracted to a woman like a man but in a woman's body. I swear I once was attracted to one of my female best friends not as an asexual lesbian but as an asexual man.

Stranger still, I am attracted to men like an asexual woman.

• 2 weeks later...
LightofFinland

I'm an asexual man, but I do have very strong feelings for another man. I love being held and cuddled by him, but I have no sexual feelings for him at all.

Archived