What's a transyada?

Moondragon007

Where the hell is Charles when we need them? Stupid school.

There is a board called TransWHATEVER's of AVEN and the people who post there are called transyadas. (I'm explaining this badly. Whatever.)

yes, Oliver, you are.

since Charles (Pugnacioun), who is usually the one to leap to assistance in these situations, is apparently AWOL at the moment, i will fill in.

this thread should help explain things, Moondragon007. luckily for you, you'll only have to skim through the first couple of pages to get to the Transyada bit. other than that--we're just a bunch of career thread-derailers with non-binary gender issues who find ourselves far too amusing for our own good.

From what I gather it's the a term that those outside of the gender binary use to identify themselves. I suspect it started as a joke and became canon. But, as Sir Oliver says, it would probably best if one of the Transyadas themselves answered it. Or at least someone who's been haunting their threads longer than I have...

From what I gather it's the a term that those outside of the gender binary use to identify themselves. I suspect it started as a joke and became canon. But, as Sir Oliver says, it would probably best if one of the Transyadas themselves answered it. Or at least someone who's been haunting their threads longer than I have...

I'm actually a transyada myself. I'm just terrible at explaining things.

Charles is usually the one to explain this to people. There's a post they made on tumblr somewhere...

Hehe. Welcome Charles.

I assume this will turn into a yada haven.

We need silk pillows and swaths of colourful fabric.

*basks in the calm before the pandimensional yada explosion that's likely to be breaking through any time now*

Yes, okay, so I've done it:

Yes, as someone mentioned upthread, the creation story was explained in the Johnny Weird thread (by my own good self) as follows:

Once upon a time about a month ago a_bi_sexual posted a thread in the Gender Discussion forum asking about the experiences of AVEN's transmen during high school. The transladies of AVEN responded by making their own thread (the T-Girls of AVEN), and then a_bi_sexual noticed that there was still no congregating place for those who slip through the cracks, and thus created the TransWhatevers thread for all those left over, so that we may get together and take over the worldhave polite conversation. In a discussion with our own Percy McKean, I once asked for their preferred pronouns, and they said that I could use whatever I like - including "yada." Remembering this conversation, near the beginning of the thread I referred to Percy as "yadathem," to which they responded that they had been afraid for a moment that it would become the TransYada thread, to which our own Monsieur P said that he rather liked "transyada," and then it was adopted as our official title.

And such is the creation story of "transyada."

(so, yes, a transyada is someone who is in some way transgender, through incongruence between identity and sex, but who does not fit firmly on either side of the male/female binary, if indeed they fit on the binary at all)

And I stand by what I said.

A transyada was originally someone who was in some manner gender incongruent, but not in a strictly binary way (bigender, gender fluid, androgyne, genderless, neutrois, ambiguously transmasculine, transfeminine, gender frakker, etc. among them). They may be on the binary - indeed, they may have a perverse non-sexual relationship with the binary wherein they are routinely subjected to verbal harassment and dragged about on a leash (the binary's bitch, if you will), or they may be entirely off it, or may switch, or may just not know what the hell is going on, but we are all of us those who experience a disconnect between who and what we are re: gender and who and what people expect us to be, though without fitting entirely snuggly at either end of the spectrum.

Now, however, it's much closer to what P has said - simply very dedicated, very odd thread derailers with a lust for conquest and an inability to make up our damn minds.

(and, can I just say? I'm touched that you all remembered me)

Yeah, basically a transyada is someone who is:

- Not 100% on either side of the gender binary but instead perhaps somewhere in between, neither, none at all, both, 95%, et cetera, et cetera.

- Very random if our thread says anything about typical transyada behavior. :lol:

Oh yeah, and we all seem to have an innate talent for derailing threads and even whole subforums.

Edit: Just read Pugnacioun's explanation.

They may be on the binary - indeed, they may have a perverse non-sexual relationship with the binary wherein they are routinely subjected to verbal harassment and dragged about on a leash (the binary's bitch, if you will)...

*sputters, chokes on tea, can't decide whether to laugh or smack young Charles upside the head*

A transyada is like rain on your wedding day.

A transyada is like a butterfly you see for a split-second out of the corner of your eye.

A transyada is like a song from your childhood that you've completely forgotten until you suddenly remember it again twenty years later.

A transyada is like a cup of the world's best peach juice.

A transyada is like the sound of church bells in the distance.

Also what the others said.

They may be on the binary - indeed, they may have a perverse non-sexual relationship with the binary wherein they are routinely subjected to verbal harassment and dragged about on a leash (the binary's bitch, if you will)...

*sputters, chokes on tea, can't decide whether to laugh or smack young Charles upside the head*

Thought you'd like that.

Reading this, I could only think of as a definition: whatever in explanation makes your brain hurt falls into transyada territory.:D

I too am a proud transyada.

Thought you'd like that.

you know me too well, Charles.

(oh--and, Moondragon007? you do realize that by starting a thread with the word "Transyada" in the title, you've given us yet another thread in which to run amok? unwittingly or no, you have created a monster.)

(oh--and, Moondragon007? you do realize that by starting a thread with the word "Transyada" in the title, you've given us yet another thread in which to run amok? unwittingly or no, you have created a monster.)

But creating a monster is probably something a non-negligible proportion of people on here do actually aspire to do.

We now have three threads all in different forums. Which reminds me, I don't go to the "P and Serafine" thread nearly enough.

But creating a monster is probably something a non-negligible proportion of people on here do actually aspire to do.

Well, all the transyadas anyway.

You say that like it's a bad thing...

(Also, Sir Oliver, I apologize for jumping to conclusions about you. I offer you :cake: to make up for it.)

*wanders in*

Goodness, the second I saw the title of this thread, I knew it would be disaster.

*lurks in dark corner, sipping tea* *wanders out*

Herr Joseph von Löthing

Transyadas? We're the /b/ of AVEN.

(4chan reference. /b/ is the 'unmodded' board, which routinely raids other boards and websites, and derails them completely.)

We now have three threads all in different forums. Which reminds me, I don't go to the "P and Serafine" thread nearly enough.

I'm conscious that I don't think I've ever said congrats to P and Serafine, since it had all happened just before I got here, and that thread's now moved way beyond ontopicness. So, congrats, you guys :cake:

(4chan reference. /b/ is the 'unmodded' board, which routinely raids other boards and websites, and derails them completely.)

...Oh.

You're sort of right.

...Oh.

You're sort of right.

Perhaps, but we are a force for go-

Well, no. That's not quite right.

Not enough people here are nerdfighters for me to say we're a force against Worldsuck. Hmm.

No, I'm going to say it anyway. We're a force for Awesome, against Worldsuck.

Nerdfighters!

Herr Joseph von Löthing

...Oh.

You're sort of right.

No, I'm always right.

And /b/ invented lolcats, so I can live with that...

Does it also entail pursuing women who drop cats into wheelie bins across the known universe?

...Oh.

You're sort of right.

No, I'm always right.

Obviously not as that sentence was wrong.

Archived