Passive Romantics?

ThisIsAnInactiveAccount

WhenSummersGone

This fits me perfectly. I haven't been looking for quite awhile now but I definately would get into one if someone I liked asked me to. I think about it all the time but I never try really

Oh yes. The only time I'm interested in a relationship is once every couple of years when I'd be interested in someone. And that'll only be because they're into me... or atleast I think they are.

Outside of that I'm not bothered by the whole thing. If one came along I won't say no though.

• 2 weeks later...

I consider myself romantic because I feel romantically attracted to people (maybe too often :mellow:) but I don't actively pursue relationships and I've avoided them for the biggest part of my life.

That's how I feel/act too. Although I don't get serious romantic feelings very often, I do still have them. I don't think I'd ever really act on them though. I enjoy being single a lot, and sometimes I actually wish I was aromantic. :rolleyes:

I feel this would coincide with other romantic headings, rather than be one. It's more of a sub-category in my opinion. If I combine it with my own romantic preferences it describes me rather well I think.

I think this suites me pretty well. I'm not against the idea of a romantic relationship [or what I think is a romantic relationship], but I've always suspected to end up and be just fine being single forever.

Well, I'm not sure it fits into the model that is often used, which includes various types of romantic attraction (Homo-, Hetero-, Bi-, A-, Pan- etc.) within or parallel to sexuality. It seems more of a behavioural thing, and one that might easily change over time (though, of course, not for everybody). In the same way Heterosexuals may or may not seek out sexual encounters, it is independent of one's actual sexuality or romantic attraction.

That said, I can see that it could be a useful label, possibly with other qualifiers (Passive homo-romantic, Assertive (aggressive? active?) Pan-romantic etc.) So I can only see this label as a good thing for those who want to use it - which is, after all, why we have these labels.

ZombiesxArexLove

Okay, so I've been pondering the possibilities of there being different types of romantics for quite some time now.

I know there's aromantics, heteroromantics, homoromantics, etc., but what about passive romantics?

By this, I mean those who desire romantic relationships, do not actively pursue them, but are open to a relationship if one arises. Ergo, they're a passive romantic.(Or would that be a "greyromantic", or just aromanticism in denial? XD) If such a thing does exist, the opposite must be true and someone could be a, well, proactive romantic.

So I guess my question is, Does such a thing as a "passive romantic" exist?

That sounds like me, im not go forth finding one i don't care that much, but if one pops up(which i doubt) and i feel like it then yes i'll take the offer.

Archived