Celibate/absinent?

CreepyCrawler

CreepyCrawler

I was just wondering if there are any other sexuals who are celibate out there.

a) What are your reasons for being so?

b) What is the most challenging part of your decision?

c)Do you feel at home here at AVEN?

a)I chose celibacy mostly because sexuality doesn't mesh with who I am. I've always had a dislike for it, mostly because of my disappointment at being human. Sex is a very human thing, so I reject it as a way of rejecting my human body.

Also, I'm aromantic, and though I've been in one relationship I've never really desired any form of romantic relationship and have always desired to be solitary (with friends, of course). And honestly I'd feel weird about having sex with someone I'm not romantically involved with. So celibacy for me!

b) The most challenging thing for me is probably just getting myself to accept that this is an okay choice to make. Getting out of the high school mentality that I will be mocked for my views on sex.

c)And I very much feel at home with AVEN.

i kinda am.

was never interested in sex in the first place. i don't want to risk getting pregnant.<-main reason.

nothing is challenging about it. i have a low to almost no sex drive so it doesn't bother me much.

yes. i love this place.

Paper Bullets

I am.

A)What are your reasons for being so?

I'm in a loving and long-term relationship with a repulsed asexual and am just not comfortable with having sex with someone who's not my love even though they keep telling me they wouldn't mind.

B)What is the most challenging part of your decision?

My sex drive. It's pretty healthy/high level so there are times that I get quite upset and anxious but our particular compromises tend to work rather well overall. :redface:

C) Do you feel at home here at AVEN?

Not really but that's no fault of AVEN of course! It's just that as a sexual this isn't really the place for me but I've learned so much about asexuality it's been amazing and simply wonderful - I credit AVEN and the good people on it with the fact that I didn't make the worst mistake of my life and give up on an amazing relationship just because we have different sexualities.

I am. Sex is just too much work :rolleyes:

It's too much work, I have no inclination or pressing desire to have sex, and if I don't have it, I lower my chances of pregnancy, STDs, and being slut-shamed.

the pressure people put on me; like I'm not normal and should be panting for someone all the time :rolleyes:

No. I did at first, but seeing that ableism, and other things I dislike apparently get a free pass here, I've lost that feeling that I'm somewhere I belong.

eta: disregard my opinion, I didn't see this was a question for sexuals ^^

Archived