Homo/Bi/Panromantic Asexuals...

Madster

Pan-romantic here. :)

I see it as more... having a relationship with the person, not the body, as far as emotions go. I bond with the spirit/soul. If the body is astheticly pleasing (male or female, or 'other') that is a nice bonus. ;) The spirit has no gender. No physical form in and of itself; just that of the 'shell' it is inhabiting. Like a paracite. :twisted: lol

My 'prince charmings' have come and gone. Some linger as friends. I'm yet to find a fellow Cinderella, but I'm not against the idea of finding one.

Yups,call me new fangled and reactionary,BUT LOVE AND AFFECTION IS'NT GENDER BASED IS IT???...Bleurgh!

S'pose if you want to procreate you might have to consider your polarities,but cloning is muddying those waters.

Personally speaking i'm terrified of everyone,but i love you passionately conceptually.:)

My obsession for danish pastries and almond slices is entirely physical though :P

ta-ta for now :cake:

You got me thinking about maple and pecan danish pastries now, you new fangled temptress, you :P

Gho St Ory Qwan

Yups,call me new fangled and reactionary,BUT LOVE AND AFFECTION IS'NT GENDER BASED IS IT???...Bleurgh!

S'pose if you want to procreate you might have to consider your polarities,but cloning is muddying those waters.

Personally speaking i'm terrified of everyone,but i love you passionately conceptually.:)

My obsession for danish pastries and almond slices is entirely physical though :P

ta-ta for now :cake:

You got me thinking about maple and pecan danish pastries now, you new fangled temptress, you :P

I love how AVEN topics always come down to food in the end. :cake: :lol:

Another panromantic here...! Gender doesn't matter at all to me. The best relationship I ever had began (online) with neither of us knowing the other's gender; only once we were close enough to know that the outcome wouldn't effect our feelings did we finally reveal ourselves to each other. It was the most amazing way to start a relationship.

I've said before that I think my ideal match would be someone who's also genderqueer. I've dated boys and girls and loved them, but being with someone of a specific gender makes me unconsciously try to fill the role of the opposite, which wears on me after a while. I need someone who shifts and changes with me. We could be straight, or gay, or lesbians, or straight the other direction depending on the day. I'd love to have that kind of fluidity in my life with someone.

Gho St Ory Qwan

I've said before that I think my ideal match would be someone who's also genderqueer. I've dated boys and girls and loved them, but being with someone of a specific gender makes me unconsciously try to fill the role of the opposite, which wears on me after a while. I need someone who shifts and changes with me. We could be straight, or gay, or lesbians, or straight the other direction depending on the day. I'd love to have that kind of fluidity in my life with someone.

I agree. I've thought this many times. It would probably be ideal. ^-^

CrazyCatLover

Pan, but I tend to go more for men or genderless people than women. Falling for someone of the opposite biological sex did make familial acceptance much easier though.

This! :D

I'm panromantic but I tend to crush on girls more often.

I used to wish I could just pick a side, so to speak, but I like being able to love someone based on who they are instead of their body.

But I don't think it makes me better than homo- or hetero-romantics. It's just the way we are.

I'm panromantic! I used to think I was pansexual. It actually went like this: I thought first that I must be bi-sexual because I was attracted to males and females. Then I found the word pansexual and thought it would fit better because I'm also attracted to gender queer. Then I realized I had a problem with the word sexual...and here I am!

Some pans are attracted to the person and not their body. I... am not one of these :P, although I admire it so much. Don't get me wrong, personality is in the end the most important thing, but whether I am physically or aesthetically attracted to someone does play a big part in my romantic attraction (especially at first). I don't necessarily overlook gender completely; I can just romantically love someone of any gender identity.

I think the first clue I had to my pansexuality is that I tend to prefer the androgynous look from an aesthetic perspective...

Homo-, leaning towards aromantic :)

Hey foxy boy~!

Heh.

*nose touch*

Hey beauté!

Glomp_by_Skia.jpg

I'm getting married, doncha know! I can't wait to be Valentine Fox ^_^

Gho St Ory Qwan

I'm panromantic! I used to think I was pansexual. It actually went like this: I thought first that I must be bi-sexual because I was attracted to males and females. Then I found the word pansexual and thought it would fit better because I'm also attracted to gender queer. Then I realized I had a problem with the word sexual...and here I am!

Some pans are attracted to the person and not their body. I... am not one of these :P, although I admire it so much. Don't get me wrong, personality is in the end the most important thing, but whether I am physically or aesthetically attracted to someone does play a big part in my romantic attraction (especially at first). I don't necessarily overlook gender completely; I can just romantically love someone of any gender identity.

I think the first clue I had to my pansexuality is that I tend to prefer the androgynous look from an aesthetic perspective...

Androgynous people catch my attention way more I think they are so beautiful in a completely different way to how I normally use the word. I think theres an element of mystery too, and I like being with someone who could be either gender inside or none (I dont believe I know any genderless people currently though). also I wish I looked more like that myself. So it's partially to do with that.

It's also why I like the idea of bearded women but people just assume I have a beard fetish that's gone too far instead :lol:

Bah, do you absolutely have to be monogamous?

:rolleyes:

Biromantic or panromantic here, I haven't really met anyone who didn't identify as the gender they were born so it's hard to truly know whih of them it is.

Gho St Ory Qwan

I liked a gay guy once.

I consider that partially due to my panromantic nature as I kinda don't see guys and girls just by their physical attributes. I also consider their sexual orientation, of course, and other things; like some behaviours make them remind me of different genders (it's not simply 2 genders to me, more like a big scale... or spectrum?) [uhh I'm not really making sense].

...But, yeah, it seems way easier to be panromantic than any other kind of romantic inclination in my opinion. It seems kinda natural like - not to say others aren't natural, but it seems like it's possible for loads of people to be pan when they don't identify.

*shrugs* But I'm new to this world. What do I know?

Bi-romantic here!

[edit] Oops, didn't see the other pages. My question is already answered![/edit]

Mostly homoaromantic and any romantic attraction is definitely person-dependent...it happens with very select people, but not very often. *shrug* ^_^

ThornYew5531

I'm panromantic, i used to say i was biromantic until i discovered the term pansexual and i felt that panromantic was a better fit

Panromantic (or polyromantic, rather, looking how my post lengthened out), I guess, for reasons soph stated (though I can be attracted to someone without being attracted to their looks, or knowing their looks seeing as I have experienced faceless love/romantic attraction once, though prefer someone aesthetically pleasing to the eye, naturally). I'm still getting used to separating pan and bi in my mind. I do experience phases of whether I go more towards members of the opposite sex and then phases where it is towards same sex depending on who I find attractive (real or fictional =P) at the time.

Though I like it when people exist beyond any gender type/stereotype. I love it when I can look on the outside and feel I am also getting a glimpse of the person inside versus someone putting on an image of masculinity, femininity, or even androgyny (for the sake of being very androgynous...like Marilyn Manson would be an example, somewhat, of androgyny which does nothing to arouse romantic feelings or physical attraction).

But I know the idea of people saying that they are 'being a man' or 'being a woman' turns me off in a potential romantic sense. Be who you are, geeze! =P Then I can relate to you better because I tend to think that is how I am (not to say that I don't like to tweak my appearance to go with something experimental or else to try and express my own androgyny, but it's not something which I try to fit my behavior towards or serves as an incentive to hide my 'soul' if you want me to put it that way while feeling like a cheese ball.).

Though the fact that I tend to get turned off by apparent masculinity or femininity seems to contradict technical definitions of panromantic and may tend towards polyromantic? That's especially taking into account people behave in a gender type manner (tending towards typical man or woman, and this includes women who are like super masculine and men who are super feminine, and I mean this in personality as much as if not more than I mean in appearance) because it is just how they are and often they are people I would never have feelings for.

I am pretty much homoromantic but could possibly be bi or panromantic. I have always had strong preferences but also hate to box myself in as well. Maybe panromantic who leads homoromantic?

Just thought of a more simple turm for me. I'm simply an asexual romantic. :P No Bi, homo, hetro, pan, poly.... just... romantic, regardless of the physicality oof my romantic interest.

Bah, do you absolutely have to be monogamous?

:rolleyes:

Unsure on that point. Who knows, we could be asexy swingers or something. Have a three-way game of chinese checkers.

I'm a romantic. I doubt I'm pan, since I can't see myself in a romantic situation with a female.

*daydreams of a strong guy holding me in his arms* sigh...

o.o anyhow....cake :cake:

Gho St Ory Qwan

I'm a romantic. I doubt I'm pan, since I can't see myself in a romantic situation with a female.

*daydreams of a strong guy holding me in his arms* sigh...

o.o anyhow....cake :cake:

So what kind of romantic are you? lol :ph34r:

Admiral Kitteh

I am a bi-romantic. Although the relationship I am right now is heteromantic, should it ever end, I am very capable of falling in love with a girl or a boy. Boy or girl, doesn't matter to me.

I'm... er... it's complicated. See, I've never felt any romantic attraction towards anyone. No crushes, no nothing. So that leans towards aromantic. But I love the idea of romance, and I'd love to find another acer to spend my life with. (In my perfect world, my partner is my best friend who happens to sometimes sleep in the same bed with me and share a home.) In my imagination, said fellow acer is a woman, and my eye tends to go towards women first. (Making me a possible homoromantic, since I'm a cisfemale.) But I find certain guys (of the eyeliner-wearing, slightly androgynous, often gay type) ridiculously attractive. Which points more towards bi- or panromanticism. So I'm confused.

(For what it's worth, I have a lovely little fantasy in my head involving myself and my imaginary asexual girlfriend, our children (one hers biologically, one adopted), and various stages of our life together. And yes, I have far too much free time; there's only so much you can do every day while walking home from school. But it's a fantasy, nothing more, and while I love the idea, I've never even come close to finding someone who could even begin to fulfill that fantasy. I've never dated, never wanted to date, and don't plan on changing that any time soon. So yeah, confused. -grins-)

Archived