Bi-romantic Asexual?

jamiewall

I am sorry if this is the wrong area but I am honestly completely unsure of my sexuality and after a bit of searching around on the net I figured this was the best website to inquire about it. So far I think I am a bi-romanti asexual? I used to just think I was bisexual but I prefered girls. But now, I'm not so sure.

• I am attracted to girls an a normal heterosexual way, and sexually desire them as well as romantically.
  • I am attracted to boys but only romantically and in no way sexually at all I do not think.

Sex with guys has never appealed to me and I have never felt as if I wanted it. I have refused every time I have been offered it. I don't know why, but I think if I entered a relationship with a guy then I would only want to have a romantic emotional relationship with them, and nothing more. But I am attracted to guys romantically for sure.

Again, as I have said, I am only attracted to girls in a straight way, I could have sex with them easily but it is not important to me, although I do desire it sometimes.

HELP!

What sexuality do you think I am? Thank you in advance if you can enlighten me.

Herr Joseph von Löthing

From what you describe, you're a Biromantic Heterosexual. It's weird, but it happens.

It is an absence of sexual desire in men. But not women, I think you're right Joseph, I don't even know. It's confusing.

Asexuality is a lack of sexual attraction to others. And it doesn't matter if you're male or female or somewhere in between. There aren't different rules for different genders.

Then kindly tell me why I can get into a romantic relationship with a boy and not want sex with him but I can with a girl? I can love both as much equally too.

Herr Joseph von Löthing

Then kindly tell me why I can get into a romantic relationship with a boy and not want sex with him but I can with a girl? I can love both as much equally too.

Because you feel romantic attraction for both but only sexual attraction for females?

WünderBâhr

Romantic attraction and sexual attraction are not the same thing. They can co-exist, just as there are aromantic asexuals and aromantic sexuals. One would not necessarily cancel the other. And this doesn't change any "rules". What rules, specifically would these be?

Yeah I thought there was no rules. What do you think I could be classed as though? Bi-romantic Heterosexual?

Yes, what you describe is most like biromantic heterosexual. But you don't need to identify that way unless you feel it is accurate and important.

The sort of standard simplest classification system here is two orientations:

Sexual orientation: hetero/homo/bi/pan/a- sexual (or none of the above)

Romantic orientation: hetero/homo/bi/pan/a- romantic (or none of the above)

You can mix and match them as you see fit.

Thanks a lot Siggy ^_^

I do feel it is accurate, thank you :) And I do feel that it important to actually class myself as something now because I don't like hurting guys by saying I was bisexual (I never even heard of asexual until recently, which helped me discover romantic orientation) and then letting them down when they made sexual advances on me. Also, a lot of people used to call me gay, now I can just be like

"I'M BIROMANTIC HETEROSEXUAL :evil: "

Thank you for all your contribution, it has really helped. :wub:

From what you describe, you're a Biromantic Heterosexual. It's weird, but it happens.

For a while, I thought I might be a biromantic homosexual. And then it was something else, and then another something else...so now I just figure 'weird' suits me better than anything. :P

But, yeah, it is comforting, sometimes, to have something to identify as, and I'm glad for you, jamiewall, that you feel comfortable with the term you've decided best fits you! :cake:

Archived