Any chance on a Translation to the other AVENS?

bristrek

So I have a post here on the voting of a Flag - we're coming up to the finnish line here and I'd like to get as many people voting as possible. Including the non-English speaking asexuals.

Now, the poll is off-AVEN so that itself would need some sort of translation too on whatever post made, along with the post saying what exactly is going on. There's a person already (you*hear*but*do*you*listen) who offered to do Spannish and Korean (but there isn't a Korean AVEN it seems) but other languages? Still a blank.

Push comes to shove I could have a go at German but I'd be utter crap at it and I've no idea if any Germans would actually understand it and I wouldn't be able to go into any sort of detail let alone answer questions.

So any volunteers?

ETA:

Polish has been done by Bad Patient

French has been done by Yanagi

Russian has been done by Kerr

German has been done by ElecticSheepDreams (on this thread)

Italian has been done by A. Balledonna (on this thread) however the Italian AVEN seems to be down.

Electric Barbarella

Well, I work with translation, haha. I don't mind helping. Except that, the only languages I know are English, Portuguese and Italian (say, intermediate to advance level of knowledge). Not much of a help. :lol:

Well, I work with translation, haha. I don't mind helping. Except that, the only languages I know are English, Portuguese and Italian (say, intermediate to advance level of knowledge). Not much of a help. :lol:

Well we don't have anyone to do an Italian translation, and I don't know a word of it, so it'd be a great help! Even if it's not a literal translation so much as 'this is what they're saying if not how' type thing. If you need it, I have a copy of the questions on the other post, for someone who knows French.

I also sent you a PM Electric Sheep Dreams.

Electric Barbarella

Well we don't have anyone to do an Italian translation, and I don't know a word of it, so it'd be a great help! Even if it's not a literal translation so much as 'this is what they're saying if not how' type thing. If you need it, I have a copy of the questions on the other post, for someone who knows French.

Well, I don't mind helping at all, then! I hope I can do a passable job with what Italian I know. :lol: If you could send me that copy, it'd be really helpful, thank you! =)

Well, I don't mind helping at all, then! I hope I can do a passable job with what Italian I know. :lol: If you could send me that copy, it'd be really helpful, thank you! =)

The poll has a picture of several options and the questions go like this:

1. Please choose four of the flags and no more...

And yes, the three 'none' options are there cause having only one throws the formatting off.

There are three 'none' options, igore the first two because they're just there for formatting reasons. The final one that says 'None (this is the 'none' that'll be counted)' is the one to actually click on if you don't like any of the flags.

2. Do you want a flag that could be used to represent asexuality?

Yes

No

3. If you answered 'No' then which of the following best fits you..

I answered 'yes'.

"I don't really want a flag for asexuality but I'm not against there being one either."

"I don't want one, don't think there should be one and feel actively against the idea."

The vote is here and the details are in the link at the top of this topic. Basically closing is Midnight Tuesday 10th GMT.

Curious thing is, I've seen people use a few of the options outside AVEN already. One more than another by a good amount but it's pretty good to see no matter which they chose to use. And the final one hasn't been chosen yet!

Electric Barbarella

Thanks! As soon as I've got the translation, I'll post it here...? Yes? I guess that's okay, right? =) [And I'll go vote myself, haha.]

Cool!

Thought I sent you a PM but.... just post what you did there. The poll itself is at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HVRXFPD which needs to be in there some place lol, but other than that just stick it up on German AVEN and post the link to that here.

Oooo, unless you did post it and the poll was linked to and not all the links are working including the underlined 'your post' bit towards the top.

And thanks for doing this!

ETA: Okay, I see your second PM and have responded to it.

Electric Barbarella

Voted. And here's the translation! I hope Italians can at least grasp the idea behind it. Haha. (Should you find someone with a better knowledge of the Italian language, I wouldn't be offended at all if you asked them to revise this - or maybe, even, rewrite it all. *grins*)

This first part is the poll:

----------

1. Tu devi scegliere solo quattro delle bandiere.

(E sì, ci sono tre "nessuna" opzioni per motivi di formattazione.)

Ci sono tre "nessuna" opzioni per motivi di formattazione, ti prego di ignorare le prime due. Se nessuna delle bandiere ti piacciono, devi scegliere l'ultima opzione (questa è la "nessuna" opzione che conta).

2. Ti piace l'idea di una bandiera che rappresenta l'asessualità?

Sì.

No.

3. Se hai risposto "no", qual è stato tuo motivo?

Ho risposto "sì".

Io non sono a favore né contra l'idea.

Non voglio questa bandiera. Sono davvero contro l'idea.

----------

This second part is your original post. At the end I added this phrase: "I don't speak/write English very well. If you understand English, please read the original post here. If not, here's the poll in Italian.". So, if you want to post this yourself, go ahead 'cause I don't think you'll have problems, hahaha. Just stick the questions at the end of the post. :lol:

----------

Bene, ora il sondaggio è ospitato su un sito diverso da AVEN. Uno che non permette la visualizzazione dei risultati né prima né dopo il voto - per evitare la pressione dei pari, o ridurla il più possible. ;)

L'ultima votazione e discussione, con tutte i link di cose che sono venuti prima, ci sono qui (in Inglese).

Bandiera de l'asessualità - terzo turno di votazione

Data di chiusura: martedì, 10/agosto, alla mezzanotte (GMT).

Puoi scegliere quattro bandiera con un voto.

Informi tutti di questo! Qui su AVEN, informi i tuoi amici. Anche, fa un post su di esso in siti diverso da AVEN.

Da ora in poi, non esprimerò mai un parere su quale bandiera io penso dovrebbe essere scelta. Mi limiterò a votare. (Ho appena votato, in effetti.) Dovremmo votare tutti!

Annunci su siti che non l'AVEN in Inglese:

Dreamwidth

LiveJournal - Grazie alla persona che ha postato questo, non riuscivo a caricare la pagina!

l'AVEN in Polacco - In fondo a questa pagina. (In realtà, è solo un'aggiunta al post precedente.)

Tumblr (fuckyeahaces)

Mi dispiace, non parlo/scrivo Italiano molto bene. Se capisce l'Inglese, ti prego di leggere il post originale, qui. Oppure, ecco il sondaggio in Italiano.

Thanks for the German post! Linked to it in the English one for all to see, well, if they have an account over there lol.

Belladonna - did you want me to post that into the Italian forum?

ETA: And the Italian forums don't seem to be even loading for me. Bummer. Past 2am here in any case, I'll have a look again for your responses and if that forum is working tomorrow.

Electric Barbarella

Oh, bugger. The Italian forum isn't working for me either. D: I actually tried to go there the other day and had the same problem, but I thought by now it would have been fixed. Somehow.

bristrek87, I actually didn't know the posting part was to go. Haha. I thought maybe you would post it there...? But maybe you had a different idea of what to do. Are you just adding the Italian translation to the original post? =)

Nope, was originally hoping someone would post over there who had some knowledge of Italian, in case any questions were asked they could be anwered in the same language if only simply. But I can post what you translated over there whenever the thing comes up - I doubt they'll be hanging around the English AVEN if they don't know English after all.

Don't worry about it, I'll just put a note on there that I speak only English or something when I'm able to post.

And it's past 3am and have to be up by seven, soooo need to go to bed.

Electric Barbarella

If you prefer I'd post, it's no problem at all. =D I'll keep checking the forum to see if it starts working again anytime soon.

There was a reply from some one on the French aven (they also posted in English in the flag thread here). They're against the flag and explained their reasons, similar to what we heard from other people when we started the flag voting.

I really wish that we'd tried to reach out to the other language forums earlier. Ifeel that maybe this way everyone would have felt that their opinion countedandhavebeen happy with the results, opposed to learning about the flag late or not at all. Oh well, we did try.

Contact me if you need a French translation again. We should make a giant list of people who are capable of doing translations, it would make things easier in the future.

Edit: was scrolling down and it seems there's a Korean thread with a member from Seoul. I can't read a word of it, I can just recognize the text. Here's the link if you*hear wants to take a look at it.

http://www.asexuality.org/en/index.php?/topic/30865-%26-54620%3B%26-44397%3B%26-50612%3B/

Yeah, we tried to reach out to the other languages earlier, but it's mostly a matter of who knows about what know what language - and if they actually translate it. It wasn't that successful last time and we've done better so far at 4(well, 5 but bloody Italian forum still wont work).

Archived