Asexual Flag - Round Three

bristrek

I can't wait til we have a flag! We'll actually be able to look at the flag and say "I voted for that!" This flag will represent asexuals for the rest of history and we have a hand in that! How many people can say they've voted on something like that? I'm more exited about this than any presidential election. They last for four years, eight at the most. This will be forever!

Ignore the question mark.

:) You have a good point (with the first part.... I'm looking forward to voiting for a president and... yeah I won't get into the rest). I'm excited about it too. :D

Hi all

I am a member of "french aven forum" (sorry for my basic english)

i'm gonna here with the link of Shvaugn (i think here it's yanagi hum.. don't know why... ;-) )

I've posted a reaction. In french and in english but i don't know if shvaugn will pass another day so, i post here too.

it's just my opinion, not other frenches, i don't know but... i don't like this idea :s I'm sorry but i prefer to say that i think without lie :unsure:

In more, i don't like their flags. The colours don't seem good together. The draw (too classic, too "flag of a country or a pharmaceutical trademark"). For me, it would be important to use the letter "A", because in a lot of languages "asexual" keep the first letter of the word in translations. And when we talk about asexuality, we use the vocabulary "the A" and "the S". it's typical, and a symbol of us more that juste three colours posed in a rectangle. The triangle, it's just known by the A. Not the others. It's for visibility by others no ?

And, last point, why not try to be in the LGBT movement, to become LGBTA ? We have a lot of same wishes that them. A flag LGBT one side, a flag A the other side... it disturbs me.

I don't want to annoy you, i swear it, i just want to give my opinion out of language frontier. I don't know if another french post something here, but me i wanted do it. I hope you understand. :redface:

nice to meet you all :)

Welcome to the English AVEN. You speak better English than I do French, or any other language. And I understand what you are saying.

The problem with just using a large 'A' is that you wonder what the A is for. If you are using just an A as a symbol most are more likely to think you are talking about atheists or not have a clue. Because the atheists area already using a large A as a sort of symbol. Another thing is we are trying to find a flag for asexuality, not a symbol - we already have a few of them. Something that we use because of the 'A' and the 'S' sound is the Ace of Spades (or Hearts) from a pack of cards.

I agree about the LGBT thing, and how we should stand with them. But not everyone thinks we are a part of them and it is a hard topic to get people to agree on. But, even in the LGBT groups there are different flags. The rainbow flag is often all of LGBT but is mostly for gay people, the bisexual people have a flag of their own and so do the transexuals and intersex people. Us having a flag of our own, having an asexual flag, doesn't tear that apart but complements it. I think, anyway.

Or that is how it works in the LGBT communities I know, and they are all English speaking. I don't know about the French speaking ones.

But I am happy to hear what you have said, and I am glad you did not lie and were honest.

I feel I might have misunderstood something so I'll have to ask some questions, I am afraid. Is this poll made of three questions only? Then why the Default section - are there other sections, too? I can't seem to find anything more than the three questions anyway.

And how am I supposed to deliver the translation, I mean, there are pictures in there and a bunch of formatting, so is only the text needed or must it be put in the appropriate format?

Anyway, I'm posting here only the text of the Russian translation.

Флаг асексуальности – третий раунд опроса

Голосование заканчивается ровно в полночь десятого августа.

Каждый потребитель может отдать не больше чем четыре голоса.

1. Общий раздел

Различныe варианты флага...

- here go the flags -

1. Пожалуйста, выберите только один из возможных вариантов.

Да, Вы поняли правильно - три ответа „ничeго не ставлю/игнорировать)” здесь потому что иметь только одного мешает разметки текста.

- here goes the table with the possible answers -

A1 B1 C1

A2 B2 C2

A3 B3 C3

A4 B4 C4

ничего не ставлю ничего не ставлю ничего не ставлю

/игнорировать /игнорировать (только этот ответ "ничего" будет считаться при подведении итога)

2. Хотели бы Вы флага, который бы символизировал асексуальность?

Да

Нет

3. Если Вы ответили „нет” на прежний вопрос, выберите один из ответов, который подходит Вам самым лучшим образом:

- Я ответил/а „да” (то есть, я хотел/а бы флага, который бы символизировал асексуальность и мне нравятся вышеуказанные варианты).

- Я не хочу "флага асексуальности”, но в принципе я не против этого.

- Я не хочу "флага асексуальности”, потому что думаю, что в этом мы не нуждаемся и я лично против самой идеи.

It looks kinda weird though, the Cyrillic seems to mess up the formatting.

There ought to be some accompanying text so as to let people know what's the thread about. Something like "Привет, я из английского форума AVEN. Кликните здесь: My link , чтобы голосовать за или против "флага асексуальности". Тест, конечно, в своем оригинальном варианте по-английски, вот и потому ниже я прилагаю перевод по-русски. Прошу прощения за свои ошибки, русский - не мой родной язык, форматирование тоже не то, когда набор символов не латинский. До конца голосовании осталось только 3 дня, помогите, чтобы асексуалы всего мира выбрали свой флаг! Спасибо вам большое!"

Meaning: Hi there, I'm from the English speaking forum of AVEN. Click here My link to choose and vote for (or against) the Asexual Flag. The original test is in English but a Russian translation is given below. Please excuse my language mistakes, Russian is not my native language and the formatting isn't very Cyrillic-friendly either. There are less than 3 days until the voting is closed, so hurry up and give your opinion on how the Asexual Flag should look like. Thanks!''.

Unfortunately, there aren't any Bulgarian organisations of asexuals that I know of. As for the Russian forum, what should I do - make a new thread, post the link to the original test and give the translation? Sorry for all this, I really don't know what to do.

I still think A1 is the most sensible choice.

However, I'm still stoked to see the results.

Update: I think I managed by myself. Here's the link to the Russian forum:

Link

Hope that was what I had to do, if I have messed it up, let me know. But it looks like it's working though, people are voting already.

Ermmm, I was in bed, asleep so I didn't see your question. There are only three sections. The bit with the picture of the different flag designs is technically a question but isn't counted as such and the page title, or subtitle, is default section. Not sure what else you mean? It's just there, stuck in by the poll maker for some reason, it isn't important and there aren't any more pages.

The first question does have three 'none' options, the first two are just there because if they weren't formatting would go nuts and only the third 'None (this is the 'none' that'll be counted)' should be clicked should you like none of the options, dead against any flag and won't even vote for which ever you'd rather have if we do have one and so on.

Technically there are four days left, should mention this all over the place but it's midnight Tuesday as in the minute after Tuesday 23:59, which I thought everyone would get but apparently makes sense to only me. But that makes it four days?

Y'know, it's funny going back though these posts in non-English AVENS with google translator lol. I think it's getting better though, if not perfect still.

Thanks for posting and I'll put the link at the top!

Thanks, I think I got it right now. It's really 4 days, I just didn't actually count.

Anyway, it seems that the Russian AVEN forum is informed now, members are viewing the poll, voting and exchanging opinions.

There's places that should be notified but probably haven't...

Has anybody on here who is a member told folks at A-sylum?

Thanks for making a better poll, bristrek. I didn't have internet for the last week, I'm glad this kept going.

Couldn't let the momentum stop. Any idea where else we could get this spread in the few days remaining? Ooo, are you on A-sylum? I'm not and I don't think they've been told about this round yet.

Yeah, they knew about the idea for a flag, but I don't see a thing on there about the latest round of voting.

flyingtoaster

Can someone please post the image showing the candidates for the third round? I wanted to see the selections again, but since I had already voted, I couldn't reload the survey.

Guest member31022

Yeah, they knew about the idea for a flag, but I don't see a thing on there about the latest round of voting.

I've just posted the link in that thread :)

Can someone please post the image showing the candidates for the third round? I wanted to see the selections again, but since I had already voted, I couldn't reload the survey.

The 'poster' is here.

I've just posted the link in that thread :)

Thanks! It' getting close now but they've been notified at least. That's the main spots of asexuality on the 'net. Though facebook has just occured to me but that..... that is just way way to open to every other person to spot the link and come vote even if they aren't ace or even queer for my tastes.

corduroyjackalope

I'm really really really looking foward to tomorrow!!!

Well, it's not so much tomorrow that you'll find out as Wednesday as votes are still open until the dying dregs of Tuesday. Though, it is already Tuesday in my time zone so I suppose tomorrow is Wednesday. And it'll be evening at that cause I'm volunteering down Oxfam for the day... early evening my time probably? Maaaybe late afternoon if I can pull it off, it's a busy day. Mom's birthday too.

But yes, Wednesday will be when you find out.

Still got a day to get people to vote if they haven't already!

corduroyjackalope

Well, it's not so much tomorrow that you'll find out as Wednesday as votes are still open until the dying dregs of Tuesday. Though, it is already Tuesday in my time zone so I suppose tomorrow is Wednesday. And it'll be evening at that cause I'm volunteering down Oxfam for the day... early evening my time probably? Maaaybe late afternoon if I can pull it off, it's a busy day. Mom's birthday too.

But yes, Wednesday will be when you find out.

Still got a day to get people to vote if they haven't already!

I'm just itching for the results! In my time zone it's 4 minutes into Tuesday.

Just under an hour to go! I'd stay up but my eyes won't let me. I shall try but no promises.

corduroyjackalope

What is GMT time? I'm confused and in America.

Greenwich Mean Time, the main time zone. I can't tell you what time the poll will close for you without knowing more precisely when you are in America, but the Eastern Time Zone is GMT-4 (well, technically UST-4) during DST, so it'll be 8 pm on Tuesday there.

OKAY!

I haven't gone through it filtering out second votes and so one but I don't imagine it'll change the results tooo much.

1rp8cl.jpg

A1 wins with 41%, the runners up are B1 with 30% and C4 with 27%

78.6% said that yes they'd like a flag, 21.4% said no they don't.

When asked how against a flag they were, and about 10% of respondents skipped this question, 74.9% responded that they'd voted 'yes', 21.4% responded that they weren't really for a flag but they weren't against it either and 3.7% responded that they were actively against the idea and did not want a flag at all.

These figures may change slightly due to double voting being weeded out - and I know there's at least one person who let me know they tested it, just to see if it's possible. And it is when you set your mind to it.

It has through all of it, remained mostly like this. A1 in the lead, with B1, C4 and C1 trailing behind and the rest a bit behind them. The exact amounts have changed, widening, shortening, widening and so on but the 'shape' never really changed. I'll put up the graphs and exact voting numbers and so on this afternoon. To me this seems like enough to go with A1, if they'd been swapping and changing all through it maybe not but fact is nothing ever came close to taking it over. Well that, and I think people are getting tired of the endless polls lol (this has started to be told as 'yup, probably the last one' with what seems like a sense of relief rather than idea).

But what think you guys?

Nuts, I missed out on voting. :(

Nuts, I missed out on voting. :(

I'm sorry. It was up there a week though and the precusors and discussion for weeks before that. This has, all told, been going more than a month now.

Still, sorry you didn't vote.

corduroyjackalope

I is a happy asexual! Last night I made two little A1 flags and sewed them onto my convrse shoes :P I'm so glad it was the final pick!

Archived