• A2
    • A3
    • B1
    • B2
    • B3
    • C1
    • C2
    • C3
    • I don't like any of the flags in this category.
  2. 2. New Sheet One

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • E
    • F
    • G
    • H
    • I
  3. 3. New Sheet Two

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • E
    • F
    • G
    • H
    • I
    • J
  4. 4. New Sheet Three

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • E
    • F
    • G
    • H
    • I
  5. 5. Do you want a flag to represent Asexuality?

• Yes
    • No

Has the issue around people from non-AVEN sites trying to vote been solved cause.... this entire process of trying to be more inclusive is a bit mute if they don't have a place to vote and can't have their votes counted equally to the ones here.

Not that I've been aware of... which off-aven community are you referring to, though? I know most people from LJ migrated over here, and people on sites like A-sylum don't want anything to do with it anyway.

Maybe for the last (and most important) poll we can host it somewhere else? That could help to include more people, but I'm not sure to what degree.

I can't speak for the other communities, but there are several people at Club-of-Aces who have said they don't have/want AVEN accounts. Also, a lot of the 'flag announcements' that were posted on other websites (or at least the ones I read), said that the voting was going to be held in an objective third-party location, so people might have been disappointed to find this wasn't the case.

Exactly.... Survey Monkey is probably the best bet. Which is what we should have used for this round too and I thought I saw someone say they were doing but.... I haven't been up on it due to lack of decent internet.

So question is: Do we simply do the next stage on Survey Monkey or we re-do this one on that before moving on? I vote for the former, most comments I've seen off-AVEN fit with the results of this round and this has taken enough time and re-doing as is.

Exactly.... Survey Monkey is probably the best bet. Which is what we should have used for this round too and I thought I saw someone say they were doing but.... I haven't been up on it due to lack of decent internet.

So question is: Do we simply do the next stage on Survey Monkey or we re-do this one on that before moving on? I vote for the former, most comments I've seen off-AVEN fit with the results of this round and this has taken enough time and re-doing as is.

I vote for the former, too.

i think for me, the big issue is simplicity

...and people on sites like A-sylum don't want anything to do with it anyway.

And that, of course, is why there are submissions from Asylum members.

I think it is important to have the triangle and be simple.

I think it is important to have the triangle and be simple.

I think either the triangle or the colours representing the triangle - Black, Grey and White. Though that does seem to be pretty much decided on anyway.

Huge vote for simplicity over symbols :D A1 has my biggest vote for using all the colours, while not too much grey, and being simple. Similar to the other pride flags with the bars, which is simple enough that people can choose to add on a symbol if they want one (EG, a heart, spade, triangle, etc) while still leaving it not too cluttered. Honestly I'm all for a flag even though I may never use it. It's just kind of disheartening talking to friends about asexuality and them asking if we have any colours, or something representing us and answering that we sort of dont. I mean, we have a few things that mean something to the AVEN community, and other communities, but nothing "official."

certianly if you look around most of the worlds aven forums they have the triangle within them as thier icon for asexuality

keep a triangle on the flag and I suspect most will recognise and have an alliance with it

Okay, the AVEN post for the next round of the voting is here but the vote itself isn't on AVEN so spread it around to other ace communities.

Archived