• A2
    • A3
    • B1
    • B2
    • B3
    • C1
    • C2
    • C3
    • I don't like any of the flags in this category.
  2. 2. New Sheet One

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • E
    • F
    • G
    • H
    • I
  3. 3. New Sheet Two

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • E
    • F
    • G
    • H
    • I
    • J
  4. 4. New Sheet Three

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • E
    • F
    • G
    • H
    • I
  5. 5. Do you want a flag to represent Asexuality?

• Yes
    • No

Welcome to the second round of voting for an Asexual Flag!

- Discussion 2.0 Thread

- First Round Voting Thread

Guidelines:

- Please do not vote based on hue, size, or other irrelevant factors. The main focus is general appearance and design.

- Please choose up to 3 flags from each category. I will take the winners and put them in another poll later.

- This round of voting will only be open until Saturday, July 31. Please inform your friends and make your opinion known!

- To vote, reference the flag legends below. Choose 3 flags from each category that you like the most, and vote for their corresponding letter above.

Voting Sheet Links (to open in a new window... they're too big for this page)

- First Round Finalists

- New Sheet One

- New Sheet Two

- New Sheet Three

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to pm me or post below. :) I hope everyone finds this system to be satisfactory, let me know if it isn't.

After this round, I'll be taking the top three flags from each category and I'll put them into another poll. Each person can pick one from each group, and then those top three will move on to the final round of voting where one flag will be chosen. Once the last flag is decided I'll open a new thread where you guys can discuss what changes you would like to make, and if you would like to keep it "for sure."

Could we add another answer for the question "Do you want a flag to represent Asexuality?"? Maybe something along the lines of: "I don't really care whether we have a flag or not, but if we're going to have one I might as well contribute." =P

corduroyjackalope

Still set on A1. Now looking foward to the 31st!

corduroyjackalope

Could we add another answer for the question "Do you want a flag to represent Asexuality?"? Maybe something along the lines of: "I don't really care whether we have a flag or not, but if we're going to have one I might as well contribute." =P

There was a question about that and it was decided that you are either for it or against it. If you feel like that, vote then put your view in a comment.

Guest fridayoak

You should make it clear that you don't have to choose 3 in each catergoy, like I only chose one from 3 of them and none from the other cos I didn't wanna vote for ones I didn't like just to make up the numbers.

corduroyjackalope

I just voted for one option in each catigory. A1 then "I don't like any of the flags in this catigory".

There was a question about that and it was decided that you are either for it or against it. If you feel like that, vote then put your view in a comment.

Sorry. Definitely would've been better if I had read the discussion thread before voting... :redface:

corduroyjackalope

Sorry. Definitely would've been better if I had read the discussion thread before voting... :redface:

No, don't worry about it! :P Just trying to help. So glad this didn't turn inot an argument. ^_^ Tone of voice is hard to convey over the internet. The emotion faces help. :lol:

No, don't worry about it! :P Just trying to help. So glad this didn't turn inot an argument. ^_^ Tone of voice is hard to convey over the internet. The emotion faces help. :lol:

Yeah, I love emoticons :) I tend to overuse them at times :P

ihatemyusername

With a flag, asexuals can take over the world.

Cool, I Voted! :)

I do like A1, but I feel it just might be too close to the Rainbow Flag (Or Striped Flags in general). But at the same time, I think that might be a good thing. IDK, I voted for C2, but I wouldn't mind A1 winning since I think overall the Color's are the most important part of the A-Flag and so far A1 is the most attracting representative of those colors.

I can't vote on my iPhone! I'm on holiday in Cornwall and it is my only acess to the net until after the poll closes. Probably.

I'll try again though.

What about the off-AVEN poll and any overlap?

I can't vote on my iPhone! I'm on holiday in Cornwall and it is my only acess to the net until after the poll closes. Probably.

I'll try again though.

What about the off-AVEN poll and any overlap?

I think the first option, Option A on the first category, should be our flag. Why? It seems that the homosexual flag, bisexual flag, transexual flag, etc, has their colours in stripes. I do not think we should be any different; it simply looks more professional that we stick to the stripes as well. It looks nice, it's not cluttered, and the four colours represent asexuality perfectly. I know we have to go through a voting process, but I see no need for symbols. I know this flag won't be "super official" but a silly flag with triangles and diagonal stripes just doesn't seem professional.

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

I voted. This is so exciting :P I have to say I on sheet 3 is far and away my favorite.

corduroyjackalope

I think the first option, Option A on the first category, should be our flag. Why? It seems that the homosexual flag, bisexual flag, transexual flag, etc, has their colours in stripes. I do not think we should be any different; it simply looks more professional that we stick to the stripes as well. It looks nice, it's not cluttered, and the four colours represent asexuality perfectly. I know we have to go through a voting process, but I see no need for symbols. I know this flag won't be "super official" but a silly flag with triangles and diagonal stripes just doesn't seem professional.

I completely agree with this. People can add symbols if they want once we have a flag the same way gays play around with thier flag. It's not like there will be a rule against adding a triangl or some cake to merchandising. Let's have a nice profecional flag to start with. And 4 stripes are best in my mind. 5 makes my eyes hurt and it looks busy :blink: . 3 looks like there is something missing <_< .

Still holding fast for A1, but 3I is also appealing without looking too cluttered.

Does the 3A flag remind anyone else of the Apple logo for some reason?? I'm so strange...

I prefer the ones with basic stripes. in flag design in general, less is definitely more. the most recognizable flags are also the simplest. the flags on, say, new sheet 2 are far too busy.

C3 on the first round results is my personal favorite. I like how the purple sandwiches the stripes, instead of being just randomly on the bottom, like on A1.

I have voted, and in the interest of not biasing the votes, I will refrain from mentioning my selections.

That being said, I must again voice my opposition to the nature of the final question. I voted for flags, but as I still feel rather neutral towards the existence of one, I voted no there. It would be more accurate to say I am neutral on its existence, but will go through the motions since it appears to be happening anyway, lest we end up with one I do not like.

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

Also...on which asexy sites are there links to this poll? I've seen people say A-sylum and LJ on the Asexual Flag 2.0 thread, but did anyone get fuckyeahaces or Acebook?

I completely agree with this. People can add symbols if they want once we have a flag the same way gays play around with thier flag. It's not like there will be a rule against adding a triangl or some cake to merchandising. Let's have a nice profecional flag to start with. And 4 stripes are best in my mind. 5 makes my eyes hurt and it looks busy :blink: . 3 looks like there is something missing <_< .

I third this. A lot of the more complicated flags bother me because there's no real reasoning behind the designs other than "hey, this looks cool!" Flags are meant to be highly symbolic, so I feel like if you're going to design a flag, you should be able to explain the symbolism of each part of your design.

That's why I like A1. The simple horizontal striped design is visually similar to other orientations' pride flags, which means the symbolism of the design is built in: this is a flag representing a sexual orientation, and thus it makes sense for it to resemble other flags that represent sexual orientations. And I like the way the four colors are all given equal weight in this design: one stripe of each color, in equal proportions. It's simple and classy and, as the people above mentioned, it looks professional. No matter how many new designs I see, I still think A1 is far and away the best.

I third this. A lot of the more complicated flags bother me because there's no real reasoning behind the designs other than "hey, this looks cool!" Flags are meant to be highly symbolic, so I feel like if you're going to design a flag, you should be able to explain the symbolism of each part of your design.

That's why I like A1. The simple horizontal striped design is visually similar to other orientations' pride flags, which means the symbolism of the design is built in: this is a flag representing a sexual orientation, and thus it makes sense for it to resemble other flags that represent sexual orientations. And I like the way the four colors are all given equal weight in this design: one stripe of each color, in equal proportions. It's simple and classy and, as the people above mentioned, it looks professional. No matter how many new designs I see, I still think A1 is far and away the best.

I agree, A1 is the best, and I like it more than the ones I came up with. XD Ok, I do like one of the ones I did a bit more, but this one is great.

I think the purple should be changed though.... but that's for if it wins.

I like the flags on new sheet 3, especially i, because it looks like a combination between A1 and the flag I made :D .

I liked C2 and sheet 3 flag A because it's quite unique and also maybe a bit subtler than the others?

Just voted - just got back from Cornwall, back to my laptop and proper internet access and where I can vote (unlike on my iPhone in Cornwall) so I hope it still counts. Literally just walked into my house's door five minutes ago.

Yup, all votes still count until later tonight! I'll be on vacation next week but should be home in time to conclude the next round in about the same timeframe as the rest of the polls.

Archived