from the New Scientist reporter: looking for asexual couples

spwestphal

Hi everyone,

I'm the reporter who wrote the New Scientist piece on asexuality. I'm working on a book project and I'm looking for asexuals interested in relationships for one of the chapters (I'm also interested in interviewing as many asexuals as possible for other portions of the book).

If any of you are interested, let me know. I'd love to hear from as many people as possible: couples where one member is asexual and the other isn't, couples where both members are asexual, asexuals who are married and have not told their partners about their asexuality, gay asexual couples, etc... If you are willing to be open about your real name, that's a huge plus, although I'm happy to work with people on an anonymous basis.

Those interested please contact me at spwestphal*at*hotmail.com with the subject line: asexual relationships and please include in the e-mail what's the best way to contact you, a phone number if possible, and where you live.

Many thanks!

Sylvia Westphal

VivreEstEsperer

I'm not in a relationship so can't be of use to you here, but just wanted to say, you did a WONDERFUL job on the New Scientist article - there was nothing I would have changed and every part of it was great, so a big THANK YOU to you and good luck with this project :)

Kate

I can pretend to be married to one of my imaginary friends for the article!

Or my cat, or a stuffed animal, . . .

The answer is on, isn't it :cry: Ah well. Excellent job with the article!

Hey, just wanted to say thanks for your comments about the article. It was a great experience writing and reporting it. But now I need your help with getting as many people as possible for the book! Can you go to your AVEN friends and help me find a few volunteers? There must be a few gay asexuals in relationships that I can interview...

Also, I am currently setting up a database of contacts and want to add as many asexuals as possible! So even those of you who are not in gay-asexual relationships, if you're interested can you send me a note with your contact info, your age and a brief description of 1)whether you've come out and 2)when you realized you were asexual?

Thanks!

Sylvia

I'm not gay-asexual, or in a relationship, or even interested, so I also don't think I can help you, but even though its already been said I also had to compliment you on your article.

*compliments*

So having done that, can I ask why just people in relationships?

What will the book be about?...or is that secret until later?

*psst!*

*Hey, thread!*

*I wouldn't try to move again. Naissur's gotta gun on you. . . .*

hehe, two guns actually, Ash's gun isn't in the pic :wink:

this thread escaped again.....

this thread better stay put, or I'll put it out of it's misery...NOW STAY!!

Archived