TransWhatevers of AVEN

Lord Dandylion

I like that. Fancy. Makes you sound sophisticated.

I know, doesn't it?

And considering that I overuse the word fancy, it fits all the better. :3

"There ain't no party like a transyada party cuz' a transyada party don't stop!"

^ Stolen and changed from a very strange song at my old church. I like it better this way.

A transyada party has no clear beginning or ending. Or middle. Or anything.

We blur the boundaries!

Now if only we could blur the fabric of time and space so we could all party together in person. :P

Lord Dandylion

"There ain't no party like a transyada party cuz' a transyada party don't stop!"

^ Stolen and changed from a very strange song at my old church. I like it better this way.

A transyada party has no clear beginning or ending. Or middle. Or anything.

We blur the boundaries!

Now if only we could blur the fabric of time and space so we could all party together in person. :P

Yes, this.

Only I wouldn't just use it for parties.

Herr Joseph von Löthing

I can't believe I've not posted here yet, being 'Genderweird' (yes, I just made that up) and all.

P is for...

I can't believe I've not posted here yet, being 'Genderweird' (yes, I just made that up) and all.

i know, Joe. it's about time. where have you been, anyway?

Can I be "The Honorable Nono-sama"?

there is an ad in the local independent weekly here with the quote, "if you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission."

need i say, that struck home with me.

Transyadas do not ask anyone's permission. Transyadas take what they require--not greedily or selfishly, but because it our right to do so.

the question, then, becomes--not, can you be "The Honorable Nono-sama", but do you want to be? if so, then take it. but don't take it because i said you could; take it because it is yours to claim.

(we need a Transyada Manifesto, everyone. i'm serious. please add your suggestions.)

OK, so, i replied to a_bi_sexual over in the Gender-Neutral titles thread, but i got confoosed for a moment, there being so many Transyadas in one spot, and thought i was in this thread. but i reiterate my last statement. i really do think we ought to have a Manifesto. if anyone has any suggestions, i can compile them into one document. no time limit or anything. just ponder at your leisure...

Lord Dandylion

OK, so, i replied to a_bi_sexual over in the Gender-Neutral titles thread, but i got confoosed for a moment, there being so many Transyadas in one spot, and thought i was in this thread. but i reiterate my last statement. i really do think we ought to have a Manifesto. if anyone has any suggestions, i can compile them into one document. no time limit or anything. just ponder at your leisure...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... I wish more brilliant ideas would come to me. Lately the most unique thing to come to mind was my desire to be called Lord Dandylion, and as that has nothing to do with transyadas as a whole, I have nothing :P

Embarrassingly enough, I had to translate the word manifesto since I wasen't completely sure about the meaning. But it's the same as a policy statement, right?

In that case I got.. nothing. Personally I try to live, act and think outside of what's considered "normal", never judge anyone based on their appearance, opinions or rumor (<- that's a big one when you live in a small town, there's always rumors), and one that I've found to most important lately- everyone deserves respect, including myself.

Gah, that's way too serious and cheesy.. Sorry, I'll have to think about this one.

Why yes, a manifesto would be lovely. Rule #1 should be something like "We strive to be ourselves, not other people's versions of ourselves," and then the rest can be world-dominating protocol.

asexual cake

Why yes, a manifesto would be lovely. Rule #1 should be something like "We strive to be ourselves, not other people's versions of ourselves," and then the rest can be world-dominating protocol.

There should be a provision that world domination/destruction cannot take place unless all the P's of the Apocalypse are present. If you crazy Californians decide to do it without the presence of either myself or Percy, I will come after you with my battle axe and Percy/Famine, I imagine, will make you very hungry indeed but won't give you any cake because it's a lie.

Aww can we at least cause just a smidgen of destruction? Maybe destroy a few buildings that were already slated to be bulldozed? Pretty please?! :lol:

Herr Joseph von Löthing

Aww can we at least cause just a smidgen of destruction? Maybe destroy a few buildings that were already slated to be bulldozed? Pretty please?! :lol:

I'll grab my hammer.

Have you seen the way I destroy things? Not pretty. I pulled a workbench out of a van using simply brute force. Sometimes my biology ISN'T so inconvenient.

asexual cake

I'll grab my hammer.

Have you seen the way I destroy things? Not pretty. I pulled a workbench out of a van using simply brute force. Sometimes my biology ISN'T so inconvenient.

The two of us, Herr Joeseph, would look awesome together - the classic duo of very short (barely over five foot) and very tall. With your hammer and my battle axe we would be invincible.

And, yes, prettyeyes, minor destruction - hell, significant destruction - is entirely fine without our presence, but any kind of apocalyptic action requires all of us to be in attendance.

Percy McKean

There should be a provision that world domination/destruction cannot take place unless all the P's of the Apocalypse are present. If you crazy Californians decide to do it without the presence of either myself or Percy, I will come after you with my battle axe and Percy/Famine, I imagine, will make you very hungry indeed but won't give you any cake because it's a lie.

I agree with m'collegue Pugnacioun. We all have to be physically present to do this. We here on the East Coast can dominate just as well as you West Coasters (booyah, just called you a coaster), and besides, we were colonized by tea drinkers first (unless the Native Americans brewed tea, in which case we will have to meet in Alaska near the land bridge). Otherwise, I stand by Pugnacioun's threat of no cake. I know. Take away an asexual's cake? It's just not cricket...

If this meeting proves highly improbable, I vote we dominate from two locations. You on the Pacific side can choose your own city. I propose that we on the Atlantic side should meet up here in Asheville, NC (we are the freak capitol of the state, and probably of the south--if you're too weird for Asheville, you're too weird). Besides, it's closer to the middle of the coast than New York or Boston.

Wow, am I suggesting an actual meet-up? Hell yes. Boom, that just happened.

I almost forgot. Transyadas of other countries would of course be welcomed, provided that you bring a party warming gift of tea. We don't have much here in the US; it tends to be grabbed by angry people and thrown into bodies of water. That's right. I'm forcing this thread to take a serious turn. I'm not worried, it'll get derailed in maybe two posts. That's how we roll...

Edited by Percy McKean

I agree with m'collegue Pugnacioun. We all have to be physically present to do this. We here on the East Coast can dominate just as well as you West Coasters (booyah, just called you a coaster), and besides, we were colonized by tea drinkers first (unless the Native Americans brewed tea, in which case we will have to meet in Alaska near the land bridge). Otherwise, I stand by Pugnacioun's threat of no cake. I know. Take away an asexual's cake? It's just not cricket...

If this meeting proves highly improbable, I vote we dominate from two locations. You on the Pacific side can choose your own city. I propose that we on the Atlantic side should meet up here in Asheville, NC (we are the freak capitol of the state, and probably of the south--if you're too weird for Asheville, you're too weird). Besides, it's closer to the middle of the coast than New York or Boston.

Wow, am I suggesting an actual meet-up? Hell yes. Boom, that just happened.

You know what? Let's do this. If I ever get the money to travel a little I would so attend.

Percy McKean

Just quickly before I go to bed. If this happens in two locations, I have Skype so that the two parties can plot with one another. If I figure out how to do conference video on Skype, the Transyadas of other countries won't need to fly over.

@Pugnacioun: Where in [edit]? I live in Asheville, but I go to college in the middle of the state, sort of near Charlotte.

Just quickly before I go to bed. If this happens in two locations, I have Skype so that the two parties can plot with one another. If I figure out how to do conference video on Skype, the Transyadas of other countries won't need to fly over.

@Pugnacioun: Where in NC? I live in Asheville, but I go to college in the middle of the state, sort of near Charlotte.

I forgot all about Skype! :D When I get my webcam working there should be a P party!

Lord Dandylion

Physical meet up? West coast? East Coast? Can't y'all just come to Texas? ;)

Okay, so this isn't the most accepting state. <_< Still, east and west are both far too far. :(

Skype party? I'd totally be in for that... though I'd have to actually, you know, get Skype, but if you restrict it to P people, I will probably set my demonic migrane on everyone which would infect the world and likely explode. That's right, I'd go beyond world domination and straight to destruction. Ohh, *rubs eyes* I should probably sleep. I'm not sure what I'm saying right now....... *left eyeball explodes* Oh dear. That was my good eye.

Oops, too late. I'm a bit destruct-y, but I promise not to kill anyone else until the THE HONOURABLES get here. Unless RUSSIA tells me to. Or the person attacks me (cus then they were asking for it...)

Lord Dandylion

How could we not include someone with the power of exploding eyeballs?

The real question is, how can you not include someone who can grow back an exploded eyeball?

I'm a real marvel, eh?

And I must not have had a migraine because it's miraculously gone now (though, admittedly, several hours later and with much head/eye rubbing and medicine)... Unless I have transferred it to everyone else, in which case....... whoops.

Herr Joseph von Löthing

I'll grab my hammer.

The two of us, Herr Joeseph, would look awesome together - the classic duo of very short (barely over five foot) and very tall. With your hammer and my battle axe we would be invincible.

And, yes, prettyeyes, minor destruction - hell, significant destruction - is entirely fine without our presence, but any kind of apocalyptic action requires all of us to be in attendance.

It's on.

I need a sword.

Bad Patient

I know I first talked about in in the "what are you thinking" tread, but I'm moving the subject here because I can.

As I've threatened, I bought eyeliner today, clumsily applied it, stepped back to observe the results — and, to my surprise, I was happy with the way I looked. I didn't really think I could pull off eyeliner, but it actually looks quite good on me! Take that, gender normativity. If I can look good in eyeliner, anyone can.

I'll probably post pictures when I learn to apply it properly, because right now it's all smudged and unsymmetrical and whatnot. Any tips on how to apply it?

P is for...

yes, well, just dropping by to add my voice to the general enthusiastic clamor for the Transyada Skype party. this must happen by the end of the summer. no two ways about it. if we can't all agree on a single mutually beneficial time, pehaps we can do it in installments. (in my own case, i'll very likely have privacy issues which may play into it, but that doesn't mean i can't find a way to work around them.)

frankly, i'm not quite certain why it never occurred to any of us before. but there you go. we Transyadas obviously aren't the sharpest tools in the shed or we'd have figured ourselves out long ago...

and P.S. this is a Transyada Skype party, not a P-people Skype party. the P-people all fall under the umbrella of Transyadaism so we will be there regardless, and as we are all hospitable folk we would be embarrassed to host such a shamefully exclusive party. so y'all come. sincerely.

I know I first talked about in in the "what are you thinking" tread, but I'm moving the subject here because I can.

As I've threatened, I bought eyeliner today, clumsily applied it, stepped back to observe the results — and, to my surprise, I was happy with the way I looked. I didn't really think I could pull off eyeliner, but it actually looks quite good on me! Take that, gender normativity. If I can look good in eyeliner, anyone can.

I'll probably post pictures when I learn to apply it properly, because right now it's all smudged and unsymmetrical and whatnot. Any tips on how to apply it?

I'm really interested to see that!

I did read your post on it in the other thread and made a mental note saying "remember to buy eyeliner!", because I actually want to try it too - but alas, the note got lost somewhere and I forgot to buy it today. Oh well. Tomorrow then! :)

Can you buy brown eyeliner?

P is for...

As I've threatened, I bought eyeliner today, clumsily applied it, stepped back to observe the results and, to my surprise, I was happy with the way I looked. I didn't really think I could pull off eyeliner, but it actually looks quite good on me! Take that, gender normativity. If I can look good in eyeliner, anyone can.

I'm really interested to see that!

I did read your post on it in the other thread and made a mental note saying "remember to buy eyeliner!", because I actually want to try it too - but alas, the note got lost somewhere and I forgot to buy it today. Oh well. Tomorrow then! :)

Tobs, i don't think there exists a colour or a shade or a microshade or a fraction of a microshade in which you can't buy eyeliner. seriously, it's hilarious.

and as far as how to apply it, Bad Patient, the only advice i have is--practice. that, and on the lower lid, apply it directly under the eyelashes rather than on the lip of the eyelid itself. that can potentially give you an eye infection.

(yes, it's true. P used eyeliner for years and years and years. never again, though--well, at least not outside the privacy of my own home...)

Tobs, i don't think there exists a colour or a shade or a microshade or a fraction of a microshade in which you can't buy eyeliner. seriously, it's hilarious.

and as far as how to apply it, Bad Patient, the only advice i have is--practice. that, and on the lower lid, apply it directly under the eyelashes rather than on the lip of the eyelid itself. that can potentially give you an eye infection.

(yes, it's true. P used eyeliner for years and years and years. never again, though--well, at least not outside the privacy of my own home...)

Haha, yeah ok - I should've guessed. Not that I know much about makeup, but the make-up departments of shopping malls are indeed impressively large. I've never really dared to explore them - I always rush through and try to avoid the grasping saleswomen with too-long nails who smell as if they've bathed in perfume. They've always scared me a little.