TransWhatevers of AVEN

yayness

*tells Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, and The Big Bopper not to take the plane--I'll fix the heater in the bus*

So, uhm, the music didn't really die, no? :)

Some of the musicians died (sadly, too many, too young, over the years), but the music lives on. :)

The classic rock radio station I listen to replays Kasey Kasem's America's Top 40 (I think it's 40). I have it on right now and haven't caught which year they're doing, but there's been ELO, Elvis doing "I Did it My Way", and Billy Joel, since I turned it on.

Reel to reel tape player!

You know, you can hear both the budding rock and roll and the ties to WWII-era popular music in that. Interesting.

Yes, it's America's Top 40. Originally aired early January 1978.

They just played Crystal Gayle's Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue* and now they're playing Queen's We Are The Champions. Now Styx.

* I had such a crush on her with her long hair and her voice in that song still gives me shivers (in a good way). :)

on the Yadaforum we were talking about historical events that occurred on our birthdays. my birthday is February 2, which is the day of the last show Buddy Holly, Richie Valens, and the Big Bopper ever played, just before getting on the plane.

Herr Joseph von Löthing

Your video is great :D

Damn, if you could only come spend a few hours in my spare room.

In my home recording studio.

my birthday is February 2, which is the day of the last show Buddy Holly, Richie Valens, and the Big Bopper ever played, just before getting on the plane

You were born and then the music died?! :o

Then the music died and I was born.

my birthday is February 2, which is the day of the last show Buddy Holly, Richie Valens, and the Big Bopper ever played, just before getting on the plane

You were born and then the music died?! :o

well. eleven years before. but essentially, yes, i suppose so.

A Long Time Ago

Back from visiting family for Christmas and New Years. Came out as a transwoman to my parents and my brother, which went fairly well, though explaining it was very difficult and it just didn't compute very well for my dad (based on our conversations, it would appear that he is almost genderless and gender-blind, which obviously makes understanding gender issues very difficult). All three of them accepted it though. Had a conversation accidentally turn on to the subject of pronouns and trans people with my cousin and aunt and based on what they said and the experiences they have had with transgendered people, I know that they will be accepting when I eventually decide to come out to them.

Wow. Congrats to AIH! :cake:

And :cake: to her family for being so good about it.

*celebrates*

This is a major step.

Professor T. Pollution

I was born on February 22nd, the same birthday as Edward Gorey plus a couple of serial killers and Presidents, and the day scientists announced that Dolly the sheep had been successfully cloned.

A Long Time Ago

*celebrates*

This is a major step.

Thank you Kelly.

The weirdest reaction was from my brother. While he didn't understand it, when I was talking about my plans, he put himself in my shoes and said that if he felt what I did, then he would transition and live as a woman for sure. At first, I thought that maybe he didn't understand the difficulties, hardships, and dangers but when I explained them to him, he said that he would rather take those than live as something he is not and that he would simply give the finger to anyone who didn't approve even if it meant they would kill him. So, I guess I definitely have one person strongly behind me if I should ever decide to transition (not sure if that is the appropriate path for me or not).

*celebrates*

This is a major step.

Thank you Kelly.

The weirdest reaction was from my brother. While he didn't understand it, when I was talking about my plans, he put himself in my shoes and said that if he felt what I did, then he would transition and live as a woman for sure. At first, I thought that maybe he didn't understand the difficulties, hardships, and dangers but when I explained them to him, he said that he would rather take those than live as something he is not and that he would simply give the finger to anyone who didn't approve even if it meant they would kill him. So, I guess I definitely have one person strongly behind me if I should ever decide to transition (not sure if that is the appropriate path for me or not).

Wow, you do have an amazingly supportive family! Congrats to you and to them! :)

prettyeyes, nice work on that song! It wasn't actually too bad. :lol: And cool jacket! :)

*celebrates*

This is a major step.

Thank you Kelly.

Wow, you do have an amazingly supportive family! Congrats to you and to them! :)

Yeah, you really do! And I'm glad it sounds like your cousin and aunt would support you in whatever you decide to do as well. Your brother has really got your back, you're lucky to have a sibling like that!

A Long Time Ago

*celebrates*

This is a major step.

Thank you Kelly.

Yeah, you really do! And I'm glad it sounds like your cousin and aunt would support you in whatever you decide to do as well. Your brother has really got your back, you're lucky to have a sibling like that!

Luck sure helps.

My mother is supportive of any path I take but my dad while accepting of my gender identity (as much as he understands it) thinks that any physical transitioning (hormones and/or surgery) would be a horrible idea because he avoids operations like the plague (he almost died from one) and because hormone replacement therapy is almost surely why my aunt (his sister) got breast cancer.

Look at all the cobweds! Can you hear all the crickets? Look at how much dust has gathered! This place has died ever since we got a new home

EDIT: Oh look, this was my 600th post. I have over 800 in the other

Herr Joseph von Löthing

Enjoying your free time, Nalle?

Guess who has to read all the yadaforum ^_^

A Long Time Ago

Have to post something here because the number of posts I have made on the yadaforum isn't very far away from the number I have on AVEN (251 to 260).

SherryGentleman

*squeals with joy over the Dr Horrible-ness*

Ditto! (With a quiet, and not at all embarrasing nerdsnort)

Gho St Ory Qwan

I wish I could eat that right now. (Has eaten one meal in the last 6 days...) (But my moms bringing food over in a while.) =3

I wish I could eat that right now. (Has eaten one meal in the last 6 days...) (But my moms bringing food over in a while.) =3

Have you been sick or just not had any food?

Either way I hope things get better soon!

Gho St Ory Qwan

Have you been sick or just not had any food?

Either way I hope things get better soon!

I'm ill and I lose my appetite really noticeably when I'm ill. (I got ill in 3 different days within a day and a half, so it's gonna take ages to recover!) DX

But I made some nice food thanks to my mom getting me stuff, so I'm eating loverly grub again hehe

And thanks. ^_^ :cake: