TransWhatevers of AVEN

Also, are there any transmasculine yadas out there who still like looking at/drawing really ornate dresses and ruffly things? I know guys can wear whatever the hell they want, and it wouldn't diminish my transmasculinity, but I feel like I'm turning into this stereotypical visionary fashion designer. "Ah, yes, this would look ravishing... on you. Get over here and get some panniers on."

Meeeee!

*cough* I wear it too sometimes. :redface:

put me down on the list of male-identifying Yadas with a thing for women's clothing. but not so much the ruffly kind. when i used to wear vintage in college--which i did, almost exclusively--i had a very particular style to which i was drawn. to wit:

ADiorsuitVogue50spencilskirt.jpg

10.jpg

tumblr_kqyv773FO61qzbijso1_500.jpg

balenciaga_colette_1950.jpg

balenciaga.jpg

yeah, OK, i like Balenciaga. what can i say.

anyway, the funny thing about that sort of look is that it's one often adopted by certain drag queens because it's easier to pull off than a lot of softer feminine looks. or at least, that's how i always felt about it. i had two speeds of feminine presentation--Kate Bush and Balenciaga Drag Queen. anything outside of that left me feeling really self-conscious and exposed.

i've been done with the Kate Bush thing for about 20 years, but after i transition, i wouldn't rule out the other for future Yadameets or what have you. just sayin'.

Gho St Ory Qwan

put me down on the list of male-identifying Yadas with a thing for women's clothing. but not so much the ruffly kind. when i used to wear vintage in college--which i did, almost exclusively--i had a very particular style to which i was drawn. to wit:

[...]

yeah, OK, i like Balenciaga. what can i say.

anyway, the funny thing about that sort of look is that it's one often adopted by certain drag queens because it's easier to pull off than a lot of softer feminine looks. or at least, that's how i always felt about it. i had two speeds of feminine presentation--Kate Bush and Balenciaga Drag Queen. anything outside of that left me feeling really self-conscious and exposed.

i've been done with the Kate Bush thing for about 20 years, but after i transition, i wouldn't rule out the other for future Yadameets or what have you. just sayin'.

I like the second image; the coat looks awesome.

I want a cross dressing yada meet, but I dunno how likely that is to work. X3

I wanna go to a yada meet; never been to one before. :blush:

I think binders and corsets are just as beautiful. I've only tried corsets but it feels awesome to have a new but very solid shape in addition to your outfit. I imagine binding will bring the same sort of feeling but altering the appearance of another part of you. =3

I want a cross dressing yada meet, but I dunno how likely that is to work. X3

That probably should not be too difficult. except for the fact that peeps live so far from one another.

I could dress like Gandalf, or Dumbledore.

Gho St Ory Qwan

Aww I'd love to see Gandalf or Dumbledore. XD Beards! I wanna try making a beard with make up like this cosplayer girl did. It looked really good X3

Aha my mom just got me a shirt, it was similar to one she got my brother too. She got her and my 2 other sisters a set of clothes for them to choose between because they're similar size. She was telling my uncle and I she got me and my brother similar clothes (and from the lads section) because we're "the boys". hehe That made me so happy. <3

She was telling my uncle and I she got me and my brother similar clothes (and from the lads section) because we're "the boys". hehe That made me so happy. <3

Congrats Ghost! I'm lucky enough to have a maternal parental unit who likes to buy guy's t-shirts with me. It's one of the few times I like shopping.

Herr Joseph von Löthing

(Nalle, if you're feeling nostalgic and want to be loved for a bit, I can turn the yadaforum off and they can all stream back here)

Percy McKean

Just a one off post to wish all AVENites (especially the Transyada contingent) a Happy Hogmany (Scottish New Year)! May your whisky be perfectly aged and your highlands be free of Vikings.

She was telling my uncle and I she got me and my brother similar clothes (and from the lads section) because we're "the boys". hehe That made me so happy. <3

Congrats Ghost! I'm lucky enough to have a maternal parental unit who likes to buy guy's t-shirts with me. It's one of the few times I like shopping.

My parents aren't big on the whole transgender thing, and they don't think it's possible for someone to be agender like me, but my dad still said he'd teach me how to tie a tie when I expressed an interest in them. ^_^

Just a one off post to wish all AVENites (especially the Transyada contingent) a Happy Hogmany (Scottish New Year)! May your whisky be perfectly aged and your highlands be free of Vikings.

PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERCYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

HAPPY NEW YEAR.

WE WERE JUST TALKING ABOUT YOU TONIGHT.

er... elsewhere...

we miss you. come home.

Gho St Ory Qwan

Percy~ That was heart touching... =D Happy new years (I'm being terribly un-individual and typing this drunk). Good wonderful world. I'll welcome you as best as I can when I wake up and notice the yr change!

Enjoy yourselves you awesome people. <3

Nalle Neversure

(Nalle, if you're feeling nostalgic and want to be loved for a bit, I can turn the yadaforum off and they can all stream back here)

Just keep it on the same server and it'll crash frequently enough for me. ;)

heh. nice one, Nalle.

Gho St Ory Qwan

My parents aren't big on the whole transgender thing, and they don't think it's possible for someone to be agender like me, but my dad still said he'd teach me how to tie a tie when I expressed an interest in them. ^_^

I've never discussed it really. Well I've kinda mentioned how I felt but at the time I assumed that was completely normal/common to feel. lol

That's why it was so sweet aha Maybe my mom knows deep down. aha

That's sweet of your dad. Hopefully they may warm to the idea of it's possibility with time. ^_^

Happy New Year everyone. Hope you're all feeling glorious and are looking forward to this year.

Have some cake almost the size of this virtual AVEN :cake:

100218_13Jul10_rainbow-cake-3.jpg

2011: The year of the Yadas!

:ph34r:

:)

it really will be. even more so. because in a way, 2010 already was.

This, I hope.

That's sweet of your dad. Hopefully they may warm to the idea of it's possibility with time. ^_^

That's my dastardly plan. I'll slowly but surely bring them over to our side. :twisted:

Herr Joseph von Löthing

heh. nice one, Nalle.

ACTUALLY

Since bitching to the host, our last downtime was for 7 minutes on the 17th of December.

*Registered with a downtime tracker so sie could get some hard evidence*