TransWhatevers of AVEN

Demacrux (emi star...)

*hides secretly from working on her paper about asexuality* I don't wanna parenthetically document things I already knew! Dang you college-level classes where it's all like "Write a research paper, minimum of 5 pages, about something you think is important, and you like, and parenthetically document it." v-v *sighs* Does anyone want to be quoted? It'd be fuuuuu~n... *pleading look* Pleeeeeease! I can't quote myself; it would be like cheating.

I'll be quoted if you wisj.. my talk is your command.

*hides secretly from working on her paper about asexuality* I don't wanna parenthetically document things I already knew! Dang you college-level classes where it's all like "Write a research paper, minimum of 5 pages, about something you think is important, and you like, and parenthetically document it." v-v *sighs* Does anyone want to be quoted? It'd be fuuuuu~n... *pleading look* Pleeeeeease! I can't quote myself; it would be like cheating.

are you looking for permission to use existing quotes, Puiseag, or are you looking for new material?

Either/or. My research paper is supposed to prove the validate of asexuality as a sexual orientation, but I also need to have an antithesis, so I need both sides in it... So, your view points, good reactions, bad reactions, whatever you feel like saying at the moment, an odd anecdote about tiny dragons, whatever.

That little dragon looks like a smoker's best friend.

Okay, must leave computer now. *pries off self*

Goodnight.

Good thing I'm not a smoker. But I might lend him out for a small fee to those who require his services.

Goddamnit, P. You stole my thunder.

surely you realize by now that's part of my job description, Godric. and that's P-damnit to you.

At this rate the House of Yada will be overrun by animals...

On the other hand, mine's miniature, so he really won't take up too much space:

BabyDragon.jpg

hee. he's so ickle. and i like his smokey breath. he can stay. he can even perch on my shoulder every now and again. i wonder if he'd let me feed him a peanut... does he have a name?

You'll have to ask him that. I don't imagine he'd refuse, but you never know. And no, he doesn't have a name as of yet. I don't trust myself to think of a fitting on in my current condition.

are you looking for permission to use existing quotes, Puiseag, or are you looking for new material?

What P said.

I would volunteer myself, but. Heh.

Actually, the Genderqueer Tumblr quoted something from one of my posts yesterday, and then that was subsequently quoted by another blog, the author of which totally and profoundly missed my point, which I thought was amusing.

Well, that reply was well and truly off-topic.

Actually, the Genderqueer Tumblr quoted something from one of my posts yesterday, and then that was subsequently quoted by another blog, the author of which totally and profoundly missed my point, which I thought was amusing.

and the comment was weird too.

I would chase that dragon all the time.

*cough*

yeeeeeah, prettyeyes. why am i not surprised. heh.

Amputation Defenestration

First, Welcome, PatC. :cake: Your avatar is very much in the spirit of this thread.

I'm tempted to cut my foot off. It for some reason seems like it would be helpful, despite the fact that it would be the exact opposite of a good idea.

good lord, that sounds like me. better watch yourself, Prof.

The Professor is wandering into perilous territory!

"Let's suppose someone sat you down and said' date=' very frankly, [i']'I know it may not make sense now, but someday, very soon, you will have a very strong desire to cut off your foot. no, don't give me that look like you won't, everyone does. It's normal. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone my age who hasn't. Anyway, since it's going to be so important to you, and I know I can't stop you, I want to tell you how to do it safely. Let me give you some little plastic covers so that the stump where your foot was doesn't get infected, since that can happen sometimes. Also, if you wait until you're married, then you can both cut off your feet together, and it'll make you feel closer as a couple. Just remember, it's always best to wait until then, since this is a big deal. Now, when you're cutting off feet, you can get a lot of fluids everywhere, so be sure to clean it up. You can catch diseases from that stuff too, you know. I'm telling you this because cutting off feet is probably the most beautiful and enjoyable thing you'll ever do, but I want you to do it safely. I mean, you don't want to get hurt, do you? Oh, and by the way, this is where babies come from too'[/i] And the whole time he's saying this, everyone around you is completely enthralled - they're nodding, they're writing down notes, they're asking whether a saw or hatchet works best, etc."

Where is this quote from? I think I've read it but can't remember when or where.

Re: books, thank you, Defenestration, for the list. I've read some and just added the rest on my to-read list for when I can pull myself off this damned time-consuming thread. I'm especially fond of "A Journey to the Center of the Earth", I was maybe ten when I read it for the first time.

Oh, that. I thought I put the author's name in there, but I totally DID NOT. Shinaeroth is the one who said it in Incredibly Ace Moments. Credit where credit is due. I LOVE this analogy, haha.

Also, YEAH ME TOO. *high five* I believe it was the Wishbone episode that completely fascinated me first, thus prompting me to read the book. It's still a favorite. :)

Demacrux (emi star...)

I have no idea what that other person was even talking about.I mean I think I get what they're saying..but it//missed the boat definitely..I'd say.

That little dragon looks like a smoker's best friend.

Okay, must leave computer now. *pries off self*

Goodnight.

Good thing I'm not a smoker. But I might lend him out for a small fee to those who require his services.

Goddamnit, P. You stole my thunder.

surely you realize by now that's part of my job description, Godric. and that's P-damnit to you.

At this rate the House of Yada will be overrun by animals...

On the other hand, mine's miniature, so he really won't take up too much space:

BabyDragon.jpg

hee. he's so ickle. and i like his smokey breath. he can stay. he can even perch on my shoulder every now and again. i wonder if he'd let me feed him a peanut... does he have a name?

You'll have to ask him that. I don't imagine he'd refuse, but you never know. And no, he doesn't have a name as of yet. I don't trust myself to think of a fitting on in my current condition.

This reminds me so much of a NPC pseudodragon familiar named Dimitri that contributed a lot of the storyline of an old online D&D campaign I was a part of. I want one! :P

Yes...I am a total nerd...

Regardless of whether or not it was off topic it's still pretty cool to be quoted. (Though it amuses me that he calls your blog posts short. That one wasn't on the epic scale of some of the others, but, for a blog post, it seems decently long.) And that comment confused me. I can't decide if that's because it's legitimately confusing or because I'm braindead.

Demacrux (emi star...)

Aleawyn, it is totally fine to be a nerd, remember..you're among yadas.I'm pretty sure a large number of us could be considered to be nerds..including me (quiet, eclectic, secretly evil nerd)

Either/or. My research paper is supposed to prove the validate of asexuality as a sexual orientation, but I also need to have an antithesis, so I need both sides in it... So, your view points, good reactions, bad reactions, whatever you feel like saying at the moment, an odd anecdote about tiny dragons, whatever.

So, um, no one wants to help me out? v-v Okay.

asexual cake

Regardless of whether or not it was off topic it's still pretty cool to be quoted. (Though it amuses me that he calls your blog posts short. That one wasn't on the epic scale of some of the others, but, for a blog post, it seems decently long.) And that comment confused me. I can't decide if that's because it's legitimately confusing or because I'm braindead.

I was confused, too. I... I really don't know what it's asking, so I think you can safely assume your mind is in proper working order.

Aleawyn, it is totally fine to be a nerd, remember..you're among yadas.I'm pretty sure a large number of us could be considered to be nerds..including me (quiet, eclectic, secretly evil nerd)

We're all nerds. We should just accept it and move on.

Oh totally. That was more a form of self-deprecation I employ sometimes for fun, much in the same way I do it about being ridiculous, obsessed about certain things, etc.

Demacrux (emi star...)

I'd help you out.I'd said that I volunteered.what am i chopped liver?!jk..still how do you want me to get a thingmc quote to you?

I'd help you out.I'd said that I volunteered.what am i chopped liver?!jk..still how do you want me to get a thingmc quote to you?

PM please~!

We're all nerds. We should just accept it and move on.

I don't think we really need to move on. I personally enjoy being an out-and-proud nerd, probably because I hid it the entire time I was in high school (though the quality of my suppression is up for debate).

Puiseag, i give you full permission to quote anything i've said on AVEN, and if you want something tailored to what you're doing, i'll be happy to give you something, provided you don't need it to be too long and you let me know your deadline.

Puiseag, i give you full permission to quote anything i've said on AVEN, and if you want something tailored to what you're doing, i'll be happy to give you something, provided you don't need it to be too long and you let me know your deadline.

I get to quote God... o-o ^-^ Umm... If it wouldn't be to much of a bother, but a bit about asexuality in general, how AVEN has affected you, any bad reactions you've gotten. *shrug* Whatever you feel like giving me.

I get to quote God... o-o ^-^ Umm... If it wouldn't be to much of a bother, but a bit about asexuality in general, how AVEN has affected you, any bad reactions you've gotten. *shrug* Whatever you feel like giving me.

yes, Puiseag. yes you do. can God have until Friday to get it to you?

asexual cake

OKAY YADAS.

My friend Arron has to make an advert for a pair of shoes for AP English, and he needs non-perverted Star Trek related puns. Since we're all nerds, and we all seem to like language, I though you could help, since I'm drawing a blank.

yes, Puiseag. yes you do. can God have until Friday to get it to you?

God can most certainly have until Friday to get it to me! My first draft is due Friday, but I have another week after that for the final version.

Time for my nightly catchup...

The Lovely and Scintillating Miselle Serafine, I bow to your socks and fervently wish for your well-being and a quick recovery! And further fervent wishes for your well-being and speedy recovery as well, P! Take care of yourselves, dude! (I'm Californian. I can say dude.)

Professor Godric, I think I joined after you (other than briefly popping in early on), so here's a belated welcome and some :cake:!

And same to anyone else who was here when I got here! :)

Seething Iguana, all I can say is yeeeuuuurghghghghgaaaiiieeeyikes! I can't stand creepy crawlies. Great photo in the photo thread (and great threads, too!).

Verp, reallly really consider yourself lucky you don't have these things! I get crickets in my house, black widow spiders in my garage and other dark warm places, wasps making nests around the eaves, and tons of ants invading the house if there's the leats little thing to interest them (last weekend I woke up to find of horde of the buggers from my front door, through the entry hall, into the kitchen/dining area, all over my cat's food dish. Now I have to wash every dish or utensil right after using it, make sure there is no trash they might find tasty, make sure no crumbs fall out of the cat dish or anything I eat. I do have the cat's dishes in these little plastic thingies you put water in, but they don't hold much water and so dry out pretty quickly.) Yeah, I get it that insects and invertebrates are all around us and successful and all that, just stay out of my house! (I will never ever read that book about the guy turning into an insect. The whole idea just gives me the creeps. I don't care if it's a classic or important literature or anything. :P )

And Verp, my dear sir, the thought you took from the Rowan Atkinson bit was carrots weren't orange then? :lol:

Kittens spooning, yes very cute. Adult cats, cool. Spooning carrots, cute in a silly anthropomorphic way. Slow Lorises (lorisi?), very cute. Ickle pocket dragons, cute (Names? "Chuff"? "Brimstone"?. Cockroaches of any sort, silly hats or not, NOT cute! :P

Adriatic, Discworld!!! I do have several of the reference works, Nanny Ogg's Cookbook, Mappes, illustrated works, The Science of Discworld books (including one signed by TP), but am woefully lacking in completeness when it comes to the actual books of the series (partly because I keep hoping to go back to the UK and buy more of them there). I agree that the earliest books are not his best work. The early ones make fun of fantasy (in a good way), but the later ones make fun of all sorts of things, many relevant to the modern world. I have not read all of the books, I don't even own all of them, but I want to. I'll have to look for KJ Parker. I like my humorous fantasy. :)

PG "I imagine that a break is well and truly needed. Adding on to that last thought, I always imagine that if there was a god who was forced to listen to every single prayer, sie might have a profound appreciation for atheists." :lol: (makes me think of the bit in the Holy Grail where God is ticked off that the knights are grovelling and averting their faces and so on.

Brackets " don't think we really need to move on. I personally enjoy being an out-and-proud nerd, probably because I hid it the entire time I was in high school (though the quality of my suppression is up for debate)."

This = me

Puiseag - you can use anything I've written on AVEN, if it helps.

Emi - I saw you flitting around in here. :)

Having some cooler weather here :) High of only 64 F today (over 20 degrees below normal and a FAR CRY from the high of 116 F last week). I'm loving it. :)

I have no idea what that other person was even talking about.I mean I think I get what they're saying..but it//missed the boat definitely..I'd say.

What the what? That makes less sense than we do. I think they're trying too hard... funny though.

In other news i think i have a small fish bone stuck in my throat.

It was my suggestion, over on the Yadagroup, that the Yadapuppy be named Sir Clarabelle Poffington.

I'd like us to take a vote. What do you think, Yadas?

OKAY YADAS.

My friend Arron has to make an advert for a pair of shoes for AP English, and he needs non-perverted Star Trek related puns. Since we're all nerds, and we all seem to like language, I though you could help, since I'm drawing a blank.

If they're allowed to be terrible, allow me to submit the following:

"They're so [adjective], you'll want to Klingon to [name of shoes] forever!"

It was my suggestion, over on the Yadagroup, that the Yadapuppy be named Sir Clarabelle Poffington.

I vote aye.

I vote aye.

Aye.

Demacrux (emi star...)

yes daveb, flitting around is what I do..additionally about the yada puppy name..it's a nice name..Ill see if there are any other suggestions..