TransWhatevers of AVEN

Professor Godric

If it's classic fantasy, I might have to pass. I've read so much of the stuff that I'm sick of it. I really can't read anymore. As soon as I open a book cover and see "Wylliem Thunderstone of Eastwald must voyage to [place], but along the way, he meets a mysterious girl called Kaetlin with a dark past..." Well, you know what I mean. I've read them all. When I read fantasy, it's like a book I've read before, but with different names in it.

Yadas? can i ask you a favour?

i hate to be a bother (oh, well, who am i kidding--no i don't; this is me we're talking about), but i have to ask those of you who are on Facebook not to ambush me there with chat until i'm well again. for anybody thinking, "oh no--i chatted with P--is he angry at me?" the answer is no. i'm truly not. but as i said a few days ago, i'm still recuperating, and while i'm OK to post both here and on Facebook, i need to do it in my own time and at my own pace, and right now chat is just too much for me. i've tried to set my status to Invisible there, but i can't get it to take. so if you see me, feel free to leave me a message to say hello, or deface my wall however you like, i don't care; but as of now, i'm putting you on notice that until i'm genuinely much better, if you try to chat with me, i'm going to ignore you. please don't take it personally. i don't always answer my phone when it rings either. what i lack in character i try to make up for in consistency.

thanks all. hope to be back in full form in a week or so. but until then, respectfully, i need you to back off. i'll see you here. you'll just have to make do.

Demacrux (emi star...)

i hate to be a bother (oh, well, who am i kidding--no i don't; this is me we're talking about), but i have to ask those of you who are on Facebook not to ambush me there with chat until i'm well again. for anybody thinking, "oh no--i chatted with P--is he angry at me?" the answer is no. i'm truly not. but as i said a few days ago, i'm still recuperating, and while i'm OK to post both here and on Facebook, i need to do it in my own time and at my own pace, and right now chat is just too much for me. i've tried to set my status to Invisible there, but i can't get it to take. so if you see me, feel free to leave me a message to say hello, or deface my wall however you like, i don't care; but as of now, i'm putting you on notice that until i'm genuinely much better, if you try to chat with me, i'm going to ignore you. please don't take it personally. i don't always answer my phone when it rings either. what i lack in character i try to make up for in consistency.

thanks all. hope to be back in full form in a week or so. but until then, respectfully, i need you to back off. i'll see you here. you'll just have to make do.

Do whatever is necessary to recuperate P, I will surely comply with your request good sir.

Professor Godric

I will continue not bothering you.

When I think about it, you're rather like the parent of yadas. "Moommmmmmmyyyyyyyy....Mommmmyyyyyyyy....Mum? Mummmmmmmmm...Come see this! I want a puppy!"

To refine it, I think your pressures are the usual pressures of a god, as it happens.

Professor Godric

I imagine that a break is well and truly needed. Adding on to that last thought, I always imagine that if there was a god who was forced to listen to every single prayer, sie might have a profound appreciation for atheists.

When I think about it, you're rather like the parent of yadas. "Moommmmmmmyyyyyyyy....Mommmmyyyyyyyy....Mum? Mummmmmmmmm...Come see this! I want a puppy!"

To refine it, I think your pressures are the usual pressures of a god, as it happens.

keep on keepin' on, Godric.

and yes, i know i've brought it upon myself. but as i'm merely a demigod, i can manage omnipresence at all times, but not omnipotence as well. sorry, folks. i know it must come as a crushing disappointment.

and no you all cannot have a puppy.

keep on keepin' on, Godric.

and yes, i know i've brought it upon myself. but as i'm merely a demigod, i can manage omnipresence at all times, but not omnipotence as well. sorry, folks. i know it must come as a crushing disappointment.

and no you all cannot have a puppy.

I will do the same as Godric.

Can I have a dragon instead? I promise I'll take good care of it.

Professor Godric

I'm not very good with pets. some classy dapper outfits would be nice.

I suggest raiding P's closet while he's recuperating.

I don't care what P says, I'm getting a puppy.

then you're the one who's feeding it and walking it and cleaning up after it, Charles.

do you hear that, everyone? the puppy is Charles' responsibility. if he comes and asks you to help, you just fold your arms and say, "P said NO."

and don't come crying to me and saying it's too much work, Charles. you asked for this. the Yadas are my witness.

that said--pick your puppy. the Yadas can help name it if you want.

ALOYSIUS

i'm glad you're so enthusiastic, Godric, but i'm going to have to veto that. it's too confusing to have more than one of anything around here. you know i'm old and easily befuddled. why, i can't even cope with there being two Professors, for pity's sake.

next suggestion, please. although perhaps we ought to actually see the puppy in question before flinging names at it randomly. we'll wait until Charles gets home from the pound. put your patience hats on, children.

Demacrux (emi star...)

-puts on patient hat-..oh godric..i wonder never raid P's closet..that would be not good of me.-_- besides they wouldn't fit. <_<

oooh a pug.nice.

Wait, so do I get that dragon or not? It's not fair that you let Charles have a pet and not me!

(Also, if anyone can find me an mp3 of Diana Gallagher's song Woof, I would be much obliged. My copy is at home and the song would be entirely too appropriate for this thread and this post.)

Professor Godric

A little pet dragon would be great. I could train it to toast bagels, destroy secret documents...

At this rate the House of Yada will be overrun by animals...

On the other hand, mine's miniature, so he really won't take up too much space:

BabyDragon.jpg

Professor Godric

That little dragon looks like a smoker's best friend.

Okay, must leave computer now. *pries off self*

Goodnight.

Goddamnit, P. You stole my thunder.

surely you realize by now that's part of my job description, Godric. and that's P-damnit to you.

BabyDragon.jpg

hee. he's so ickle. and i like his smokey breath. he can stay. he can even perch on my shoulder every now and again. i wonder if he'd let me feed him a peanut... does he have a name?

*hides secretly from working on her paper about asexuality* I don't wanna parenthetically document things I already knew! Dang you college-level classes where it's all like "Write a research paper, minimum of 5 pages, about something you think is important, and you like, and parenthetically document it." v-v *sighs* Does anyone want to be quoted? It'd be fuuuuu~n... *pleading look* Pleeeeeease! I can't quote myself; it would be like cheating.

*hides secretly from working on her paper about asexuality* I don't wanna parenthetically document things I already knew! Dang you college-level classes where it's all like "Write a research paper, minimum of 5 pages, about something you think is important, and you like, and parenthetically document it." v-v *sighs* Does anyone want to be quoted? It'd be fuuuuu~n... *pleading look* Pleeeeeease! I can't quote myself; it would be like cheating.

are you looking for permission to use existing quotes, Puiseag, or are you looking for new material?

Goddamnit, P. You stole my thunder.

surely you realize by now that's part of my job description, Godric. and that's P-damnit to you.

BabyDragon.jpg

hee. he's so ickle. and i like his smokey breath. he can stay. he can even perch on my shoulder every now and again. i wonder if he'd let me feed him a peanut... does he have a name?

o-o Awww~!