TransWhatevers of AVEN

Lord Dandylion

Lord Dandylion, I feel almost exactly as you do. The way I put it (sometimes) is that I am not either female or male, but right now, my body happens to be, and that's okay with me. Just so long as I don't get put into the category of being a stereotypical 'girly girl', that is.

And I, too, feel like I have elements of both and neither. I think something that demonstrates this really well is something my best friend recently told me; she said that at her wedding (when/if it happens) I would have to be her 'Best Maid', because I wouldn't be the Maid of Honor, or the Best Man--I'm too much of a guy on the one hand, and too much of a girl on the other.

I do understand your confusion, and I think you've been perfectly eloquent in expressing your feelings, despite the hour. :)

*hugs*

I think perhaps that is the best way of putting it. So few words make it all the sweeter.

Valentine, I like Dandylord (hehe) and am proud to call myself a fancy *goes to change gender on profile*

P, it's comforting to know that I am not the only one who feels different almost by the day. I suppose, perhaps, that doesn't really make it any less valid, just a little more difficult to explain? which I guess is fine considering I don't feel any real urge to explain it to anyone. I've basically told some of my friends that male and female don't really matter to me, but beyond that is almost too much information unless it somehow becomes relevant.

Since we're unseriousifying this thread and since we have a Dane on Team Transyada...

I just laughed so hard I'm happy I've got the house to myself (but I must admit I'll be afraid ever to enter a Tesco now)

Glomp_by_Skia.jpg

Pugnacioun and Bad Patient, you've just saved us from ourselves. i can't thank you enough for reminding us what's truly important.

Charles, that was beautiful. what a slow burn; it was so much better with the music only coming in at the end, than if it had been there from the beginning. Asexiest Dance Times ever.

and Bad Patient--is that a clip from something larger? because if so, i must see the whole thing. hilarious and brilliant.

The QI elves (@qikipedia) tweeted the link today without any further background. The video description says: From "Time Trumpet", broadcast 18th August 2006 — here's the Wikipedia article on the show: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Trumpet

Tobias, those fox pictures you posted in a bunch of places and in your avatar(s) are incredibly adorable. So adorable, in fact, that I'm forced to use an emoticon. :wub:

134033.jpg135451.jpg

Ooh looking good!H xx

Thank you! :)

Tobias:Guyliner = awesome. Although I'm slightly frightened that you appear to have cloned yourself from the computer in a vaguely apocalyptic-criminal-mastermind sort of way in the second picture...
Haha, the second picture confused the living daylight out of my brain until it worked out exactly what was reflected where.

I took the second picture in the bathroom to get a different lighting and saw that effect when I sat with the computer facing the mirror - thought it was quite fun :)

I must admit it grew a little on me - I don't think I'll wear it to uni or to work, but I might try it out when going out sometime..

asexual cake

Charles, that was beautiful. what a slow burn; it was so much better with the music only coming in at the end, than if it had been there from the beginning. Asexiest Dance Times ever.

It's even better when you consider that the music at the end is this:

Perhaps it's just me, but the man at the beginning of the video reminds me faintly of

340x.gif

Charles, thank you for posting that - I hadn't seen that video for years!

A brilliant video by Johan Renck (from The Knife, a Swedish electronic duo) - he's the one in the purple/black jacket who starts dancing first);

I love this video! One of my friends couldn't believe it when I told her the singer (I mean, the performer in the video, not Karin) wasn't a woman. I can only wish I could look like that in drag.

The song, of course, is great, too. I love The Knife and I'm head over heels for their latest album.

it's... like....

ABBA meets Star Trek meets Taras Bulba.

what the hell.

magnificent.

that's it. i can go to bed now. nothing can top that. my day is made.

Lord Dandylion

Oh noooo! Videos that I can't watch right now D:

But I am the one who turned it all serious, sorry!

I'm making pretty pictures now though! Okay, modeling in lightwave, which is fairly srs business. XDD But I'm doing it all for the sake of playing with hair when I'm done!

Okay, that doesn't lighten it much, lol!

*throws water in everyone's face*

BERRY TO MINT!

Or should I be the one with water in my face?

For someone who hardly watches TV, I should just shut up.

*slides off screen*

no worries, Lord Dandylion. (i would have said chill, but that would have sent Pugnacioun into conniptions and i have to carefully regulate his excitement quota each day or he'll end up a quivering pile of jelly.)

as transyadas, we cannot happily or comfortably occupy any one mode of existence for very long, be it male or female or serious or goofy. it is our lot to oscillate. you performed a necessary function by allowing us to temporarily wax philosophical about our issues. Charles and Bad Patient performed their necessary function by distracting us from that pursuit. we'll probably go through that cycle a thousand times in the life of this thread (because, if anyone has any doubts, i do believe this thread will be immortal.) we'll just all have to take turns rotating shifts, that's all.

asexual cake

no worries, Lord Dandylion. (i would have said chill, but that would have sent Pugnacioun into conniptions and i have to carefully regulate his excitement quota each day or he'll end up a quivering pile of jelly.)

It's true.

as transyadas, we cannot happily or comfortably occupy any one mode of existence for very long, be it male or female or serious or goofy. it is our lot to oscillate. you performed a necessary function by allowing us to temporarily wax philosophical about our issues. Charles and Bad Patient performed their necessary function by distracting us from that pursuit. we'll probably go through that cycle a thousand times in the life of this thread (because, if anyone has any doubts, i do believe this thread will be immortal.) we'll just all have to take turns rotating shifts, that's all.

Well, we've had twenty-three pages in just over three weeks. The "what are you thinking?" thread has one hundred pages in about ten months.

I'd say that it's a safe assumption that this thread will be long and glorious.

Lord Dandylion

I tend to get ultra serious at night. It's quite annoying, actually. I feel a little on the other extreme right now, heh.

i do believe this thread will be immortal.

It will, no doubt :ph34r:

Now, I must be going.

I've got steak to eat, piano to practice, tea to make, and ninja warrior to watch. Oh, and some crocheting to do, not to mention my previously mentioned 3d modeling I mentioned earlier.

I didn't realise how much needed to be done today :P

*skips away backwards through clouds of dandelions*

When you are done with everything else, could you make a video of that and post it?

I love this video! One of my friends couldn't believe it when I told her the singer (I mean, the performer in the video, not Karin) wasn't a woman. I can only wish I could look like that in drag.

The song, of course, is great, too. I love The Knife and I'm head over heels for their latest album.

Yay! Tremendous that you like The Knife too. And Robyn too, I noticed in another thread. I think she should appear in this thread also, sometime.

I just remembered this picture. If I dare it sometime, I think it'd be awesome to try for a night out.

art,barcelona,bipolar,blog,drag,gay,gender,identity,lesbian,photography,portrait,queer,self,portrait,strangelfreak-287372abfc7f2fb998ed8b37df8dea3c_m.jpg

If feminine Victorian-era male was a gender identity, it would be mine.

you're not the only one, Musik. not by any means.

No, certainly not.

I prefer masculine Danish female, Kalmar Union era.

Herr Joseph von Löthing

Now, I must be going.

I've got steak to eat, piano to practice, tea to make, and ninja warrior to watch. Oh, and some crocheting to do, not to mention my previously mentioned 3d modeling I mentioned earlier.

I didn't realise how much needed to be done today :P

Is that ninja warrior, one of the 'Ultimate Ninja' series? Oh, I do hope it is, Ultimate Ninja is Jicragg and I's most favourite action film ever.

Yay! Tremendous that you like The Knife too. And Robyn too, I noticed in another thread. I think she should appear in this thread also, sometime.

I also listen to some other Scandinavian artists: Stina Nordenstam, Anja Garbarek, Silje Nes, Emilíana Torrini, Björk (I used to be a big fan, now I don't listen to her very often), Jens Lekman... but no-one from Denmark, I'm afraid.

And then there's Leoncie, who is a class of her own. (video somewhat NSFW)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G35vnbsAoYs

Oooh... cheap sex!

And then there's Leoncie, who is a class of her own.

there is no appropriate emoticon to convey my expression after seeing that. i just...

no. nevermind. i could try to explain all afternoon and it wouldn't come close.

wow.

I'm going to go insane. Within the last twelve hours I have been sexually harassed by a former RP friend, had my identity invalidated by one parent, had someone who wants to date me tell me despite my full gender disclosure that they would "call me lady anyway" (I told them they could only if I could call them "lady" too. I am now "sir" to them. ;)). Too much fun, huh?

So it's time for a change. I informed my mother I would be shaving my head. She begged and pleaded with me not to and joked that she wouldn't be seen in public with me. Well, it's my hair. Due to my pale complexion and sun allergy though I need a little protection for my scalp so I have decided upon something a little less bald.

Now I just need someone to take me to a damn barber. Anyone want one of my long curls? :lol:

Herr Joseph von Löthing

Anyone want one of my long curls? :lol:

The stalker in me says yes.

Good on you for sticking it to them. Sometimes it takes something that people don't expect to show them that you REALLY do mean it.

Locks of Love?

You have no idea how badly I want to do that. If my hair wasn't dyed and destroyed it would all be going there. My best friend (A guy!) is growing out his hair for them. :wub:

Anyone want one of my long curls? :lol:

Ooooo, could you get a wig made out of your hair for me? You see, I have this constant back and forth between wanting really short hair and wanting long hair. So if I cut my hair, and then have a lovely wig of long hair, I think I could be happy.

Locks of Love?

You have no idea how badly I want to do that. If my hair wasn't dyed and destroyed it would all be going there. My best friend (A guy!) is growing out his hair for them. :wub:

It says on their site that coloured hair is acceptable as long as it's not bleached: http://www.locksoflove.org/donate.html

Locks of Love?

It says on their site that coloured hair is acceptable as long as it's not bleached: http://www.locksoflove.org/donate.html

Yesssssss. I will be grabbing my ruler and seeing what I can do. :D

I admit this has nothing to do with gender, but since I've been spamming these boards lately, I thought I would continue.

I thought you all should know that I just found Tang in my local supermarket. Who here remembers Tang? TANG. It was the drink of my childhood . . . Those hot summer days flailing around under the sun's rays and then returning home to a nice glass of sweet, orange, Tang. I didn't even know they still made it. Well, apparently they do because there is a nice tall glass next to me right now. For those of you who don't know the awesomeness of Tang (probably anyone who doesn't live in the US), I give you this photo (from wikipedia, no less):

220px-Photo_082105_005.jpg

I suppose I should be worried that the first people I wish to tell about Tang are the people on this thread. Oh, well. I will stop now, and apologize for how dreadfully off topic that was. Perhaps I'm just an attention whore. Probably.