TransWhatevers of AVEN

Great to hear, Cheshire! Oh, and:

There was a bit of a scary moment when my plan to get in there, get what I wanted and then get the hell out was scuppered slightly by someone in front of me in the queue wanting refunds on various stuff.

Thank you for that.

---------

For a while now I've been pestering my mother to cut my hair short (she is a hairdresser and is therefore the one who cuts my hair). This morning, she finally conceded! She pulled out the clippers, put on the number eight guard and just buzzed away. I look (in my opinion) quite masculine now. Even though I'm not a man, I feel freer to act myself when I look like one (or closer to looking like a man than a women). Needless to say I am quite happy. College, here I come . . .

asexual cake

Yes, I feel much the same way about my haircut, Musik. I hated the way I looked before, when I had long hair, even if I always wore it back (indeed, outside of showers and sleeping, I had my hair in a bun for a full year and a half), but now... well, I do not hate it. And that is a tremendous step forwards.

Actually, today was fairly uneventful (given that on A-days I have but zero hour and then the first two blocks of the day at school, as I get to leave halfway ostensibly to go to research), but the two times I was in the restroom at least one person came in, saw me, and promptly walked back out to check which one they were in.

I'd call that a success.

Yes, I feel much the same way about my haircut, Musik. I hated the way I looked before, when I had long hair, even if I always wore it back (indeed, outside of showers and sleeping, I had my hair in a bun for a full year and a half), but now... well, I do not hate it. And that is a tremendous step forwards.

Actually, today was fairly uneventful (given that on A-days I have but zero hour and then the first two blocks of the day at school, as I get to leave halfway ostensibly to go to research), but the two times I was in the restroom at least one person came in, saw me, and promptly walked back out to check which one they were in.

I'd call that a success.

I do believe that is success. I've had such experiences in high school. The difference was, though, that I was told rather rudely that this was a girls bathroom and should get out. So hostile . . .

Lord Dandylion

Poppy, I felt much the same on my makeup buying adventure, but that may be because of the impulse spending, heh..heh............

I walked into Hot Topic with the intent of buying makeup (for some reason, I hid when people came too near, pretending I was looking at other stuff... something I seriously just can't explain to myself o.0)

I think the main reason for me to walk out of the store quickly was so that I would quickly forget that I spent over $60 by buying a dress (the eyeshadow was like $20! What on earth?), some eyeliner, and (last minute) a button/pin thingy. :ph34r:

I can't explain why I hid behind another shelf to look at (outdated?) Alice in Wonderland merchandise when people walked too near.

Lord Dandylion

Poppy, I felt much the same on my makeup buying adventure, but that may be because of the impulse spending, heh..heh............

I walked into Hot Topic with the intent of buying makeup (for some reason, I hid when people came too near, pretending I was looking at other stuff... something I seriously just can't explain to myself o.0)

I think the main reason for me to walk out of the store quickly was so that I would quickly forget that I spent over $60 by buying a dress (the eyeshadow was like $20! What on earth?), some eyeliner, and (last minute) a button/pin thingy. :ph34r:

I can't explain why I hid behind another shelf to look at (outdated?) Alice in Wonderland merchandise when people walked too near.

God, no wonder my sister got flustered when I went immediately to the corsets/lingerie there, if you got flustered just looking for makeup!

Well, I typically look at the whole store anyway. I don't know what my problem was. The two things I usually avoid looking at are bras/panties (and that sort of thing, but not corsets, I love corsets, lol) and, for some reason, makeup. I don't think I avoid makeup on purpose (I just never cared to look?)... but I just don't know why I felt so selfconscious. Heh.

God, no wonder my sister got flustered when I went immediately to the corsets/lingerie there, if you got flustered just looking for makeup!

Well, I typically look at the whole store anyway. I don't know what my problem was. The two things I usually avoid looking at are bras/panties (and that sort of thing, but not corsets, I love corsets, lol) and, for some reason, makeup. I don't think I avoid makeup on purpose (I just never cared to look?)... but I just don't know why I felt so selfconscious. Heh.

What store sells...*remembers Hot Topic*...oh yeah.

When I go to the mall it's mandatory to walk through their expansive makeup section. I always hurry through it. I would much rather hang out at the bookstore anyway...

Lord Dandylion

When I go to the mall it's mandatory to walk through their expansive makeup section. I always hurry through it. I would much rather hang out at the bookstore anyway...

Why? Is it on your way (you can use another entrance?) Or are you encouraged/forced by others to do it? o.0

Lol, I always slink around Hot Topic no matter what I'm trying to buy because I'm avoiding the preppy middle schoolers that always come in. The local one is awesome otherwise. They hire trans people, people with lots of tattoos, and teens. :)

Herr Joseph von Löthing

Lol, I always slink around Hot Topic no matter what I'm trying to buy because I'm avoiding the preppy middle schoolers that always come in. The local one is awesome otherwise. They hire trans people, people with lots of tattoos, and teens. :)

In the local Blue Banana (like hot topic I guess) I was asked by a girl who was high on something that probably wasn't life, not to take pictures of my friend. (I knew the policy, but I'd forgotten to disable the flash before taking a surreptitious shot from below my waist.)

MY FRIEND WAS WEARING PINK TIGER STRIPE TROUSERS AND A PURPLE FRILLY SHIRT!

Lord Dandylion

Reason #1 to work there was that I could do whatever to my hair with no question. XD

But I know nada about music, and they might hate me for it, lol

Not to mention my local mall is dead.

I don't think I'd even get the job if I wanted it, haha. (............sadface) I do kind of want to work at Earthbound Trading Co though, but... once again, I don't think I'd get the job. Dead mall and all of that.

Why? Is it on your way (you can use another entrance?) Or are you encouraged/forced by others to do it? o.0

There's pretty much only one entrance my family and I use, and that's through Macy's. So...

This! Heidi, you've said beautifully what I've been trying to get across myself for the past few days. I've been utterly failing, what with my over-the-top wordiness and general lack of eloquence, but you did magnificently! Thank you.
*Is flattered*

Thank you.

Who knew this could be so stressful!?
But you did it! I am so proud of you!

:cake:

On to my day - I had a brilliant one at Buckingham Palace. But first I got weirded out at the thought of going in a skirt all day. Then I impulsively bought from their gift shop, a new make up bag (my old one needed the boot for a number of reasons and this one was a good fit for me with dexterity issues).

Talk about gender fluidity. Half an hour after that, I then paniced (to myself) that I'd been all girly. I'm going crazy I think!

H xx

P, I love this picture. It comes very, very close to being a visual representation of my own gender. Thank you for posting.

yeah, me too. even if i'm too cursed biologically to be able to pull it off in real life. glad you liked it, though. it's definitely an inspiration.

I second that.

This is a propos of nothing, but every time I see Lani's new username, I can't help but think of Charlotte Gainsbourg's "Dandelion". Not that it's a bad thing.

The sound quality is a bit questionable and I don't like how a still from "Antichrist" was used (even though I loved that fucked up trauma of a film), but the only other video with the album version of the song made me feel dizzy.

I wish you the best of luck! I know how hard it can be, I actually dropped out of school myself, I hope you have a better experience.

Percy McKean

I'm afraid that at 181 cm, I might regrettably be a little too tall for a hobbit adventurer. Which, of course, doesn't mean that I'm not interested.

Out of three extra pages that were filled in during my brief time away, this and Pugnaciouns suggestion of a platonic hobbit marriage were what caught my eye.

Height is not an issue Bad Patient. All that matters is; can you help us find Pugnacioun a well-fitting suit? If so, I'm all for a group oversized hobbit adventurers, and I totally call Merry. It's not how little your body is, but how big your imagination can become.

Lord Dandylion

I'm afraid that at 181 cm, I might regrettably be a little too tall for a hobbit adventurer. Which, of course, doesn't mean that I'm not interested.

Out of three extra pages that were filled in during my brief time away, this and Pugnaciouns suggestion of a platonic hobbit marriage were what caught my eye.

Height is not an issue Bad Patient. All that matters is; can you help us find Pugnacioun a well-fitting suit? If so, I'm all for a group oversized hobbit adventurers, and I totally call Merry. It's not how little your body is, but how big your imagination can become.

My friend has always been an elf, despite her being an inch or two shorter than me (but she just seems so elf-like). I was the hobbit, despite me being 5'7(or 8?)" because of my intense love of food, lol (not to mention that I used to go barefoot so often that I could walk on almost any ground without shoes. Not quite so much now.) XD

I wanna be a hobbit adventurer :3

Mine's the normal spelling but I just hate, hate, hate that name. :lol: It always makes me think of the Bible character, who I particularly disliked. My middle name, Noelle/Noel is far superior. :P

Hah, that's my legal first name. My second name is very feminine, so I can't go by that either.

I think I'd like to go by the name "Teagan M. S____" where the M can stand for either Marc or Marie, since Teagan is gender neutral.

Just popping in to say hello to you all! I should be back late tonight, I'm off to Brighton!

H xx

Welcome, Ninja :ph34r: Transyada krossero!

NinjaID_by_theshaggyturtle.jpg

Thank you kindly! And I do believe that a cake ninja is the very best kind of ninja to be.

This! Heidi, you've said beautifully what I've been trying to get across myself for the past few days. I've been utterly failing, what with my over-the-top wordiness and general lack of eloquence, but you did magnificently! Thank you.
*Is flattered*

Thank you.

You're certainly welcome! :)

Out of three extra pages that were filled in during my brief time away, this and Pugnaciouns suggestion of a platonic hobbit marriage were what caught my eye.Height is not an issue Bad Patient. All that matters is; can you help us find Pugnacioun a well-fitting suit? If so, I'm all for a group oversized hobbit adventurers, and I totally call Merry. It's not how little your body is, but how big your imagination can become.

Hm... I think I'd still rather be a tiefling adventurer (I like tieflings, you see, never mind the fact that they don't exist in the Tolkienverse). I do hope this is not a problem, especially since I like to think I pack a hefty bit of imagination. And, of course, I would by thrilled to help you find a suit.

My friend has always been an elf, despite her being an inch or two shorter than me (but she just seems so elf-like). I was the hobbit, despite me being 5'7(or 8?)" because of my intense love of food, lol (not to mention that I used to go barefoot so often that I could walk on almost any ground without shoes. Not quite so much now.) XDI wanna be a hobbit adventurer :3

A lot of the time, elves are portrayed as shorter than humans, so if your friend was 5'5"-ish, I'd say that's plenty elfish.

Being barefoot beats being shod any time.

A lot of the time, elves are portrayed as shorter than humans, so if your friend was 5'5"-ish, I'd say that's plenty elfish.

Being barefoot beats being shod any time.

I am 5'5" and I have always wanted to be an elf. Seriously.

And I agree, 100%. I live in the country (well, not at the moment, but that hardly counts; in my heart I live in the country) and the only way to be is barefoot.

Yes, I am a bit of a country bumpkin.

Herr Joseph von Löthing

No, I am. My father plays the banjo.

See, Joseph, I said I'm a bit of a bumpkin. I think that fact alone qualifies you as more than 'a bit'.

YOU ARE SO LUCKY. I WANT A BANJO. My step-aunt might have hers packed away somewhere and if they ever find it, I have dibs. I was going to buy one for my birthday but I need to learn how to play my guitar and my bass. (Then a banjo, then a mandolin!)

I have no musical talent, whatsoever. I played clarinet for all of two (painful) weeks, sometime in elementary school.

Never again.

I have no musical talent, whatsoever. I played clarinet for all of two (painful) weeks, sometime in elementary school.

Never again.

I did piano for a year and I was pretty good... I stopped after that year, though, for reasons unknown.