TransWhatevers of AVEN

tumblr_l6lyta0Kp61qzjgceo1_400.png

Yes please

?!

what forum is that from, Tobias? (and incidentally, why have you gone all formal on us all of a sudden? i've been meaning to ask.) that's fabulous. i'm dithering between Gentleman and Chap; but i think i'll have to go with the former, because one can always be a gentleman even in reduced circumstances (as mine so regrettably are at the moment), but apparently, at least according to the magazine of the same name, there are fairly rigorous standards for the latter and i am not at all certain that as yet i make the grade.

Herr Joseph von Löthing
I'm afraid that at 181 cm, I might regrettably be a little too tall for a hobbit adventurer. Which, of course, doesn't mean that I'm not interested.
Hobbits make poor adventurers. Imagine how many extra steps they'd have to take, with those 'ickly tiny winy' legs XD

Or us tall transyadas could just be elf adventurers!

I've just realised that if I were female-bodied, I'd probably dress more or less the same as I do now. I'd suck at femininity.

That's quite funny - I think I'd dress very feminine if I were female. I have quite a few fashion crushes and I sometimes spot dresses that I think would fit my friends - and envy them a bit for being able to wear it (not that I can't - I just don't look good in it).

Elves are good at genderbending. Just look at the lovely, flowing, golden hair, and the little hairbands!

I'd prefer to be a girl so I could dress like a guy.

I'm weird.

Yes please

Where is this? I want to make an account JUST so I can have a profile with my gender as 'ninja'.

Ooh, I appears that the transyadas prefer ninjas over pirates. You are truly persons of my own heart. There's... there's something in my eye...

From the list, I'd probably choose "bredda" because I have absolutely no idea what it means. Wait, no, shit. I just got it. I guess I'd have to go for "ninja" then.

snip

Yes please

?!

what forum is that from, Tobias? (and incidentally, why have you gone all formal on us all of a sudden? i've been meaning to ask.) that's fabulous. i'm dithering between Gentleman and Chap; but i think i'll have to go with the former, because one can always be a gentleman even in reduced circumstances (as mine so regrettably are at the moment), but apparently, at least according to the magazine of the same name, there are fairly rigorous standards for the latter and i am not at all certain that as yet i make the grade.

As for the name, I decided to use my real name instead of Tobs (I wasn't horribly fond of that shortening anyway - or Toby for that matter). I have only recently (meaning the last 2-3 years or so) begun to actually appreciate my name. Previously I haven't been very fond of it, but since a few friends have expressed why they thought it fit me well, I've begun to like it.

snip

Yes please

Where is this? I want to make an account JUST so I can have a profile with my gender as 'ninja'.

I don't know, I'm afraid! I just found it here on genderqueer - it doesn't say which forum it comes from, unfortunately.

see, that's a perfect example of where i see my life going, if i can ever get myself to come to terms with it. because that's absolutely my objective view of myself--that i am neither wholly male nor wholly female, but some sort of peculiar admixture of the two, and to lean too far towards either end of the binary is just going to cause me to topple over. since i have no plans at this time to transition fully, i will most likely always be perceived as biologically female. but i dearly love the prospect of confusing and confounding people as much as possible, and i love the idea of using traditionally contradictory pronouns and forms of address in the same sentence.

you've given me something to think about today, MorbidNerd. thank you--not only for that, but for joining the board in the first place. in the short time you've been here, you've already managed to give articulation to a lot of things i've been trying to work out in my own head.

I would have to say thank you to P and everyone else myself, as this is the first place I have come across in which I am actually fully comfortable expressing my thoughts on such subjects to others - and then finding that not only am I not perceived as weird for it, but that we have so much of it in common, is just wonderful.

asexual cake

I would have to say thank you to P and everyone else myself, as this is the first place I have come across in which I am actually fully comfortable expressing my thoughts on such subjects to others - and then finding that not only am I not perceived as weird for it, but that we have so much of it in common, is just wonderful.

I feel the same.

If I hadn't already used up my sentimentality quota for the day, I'd offer a teary-eyed admission of great love and appreciation for everyone in this thread.

I feel the same.

If I hadn't already used up my sentimentality quota for the day, I'd offer a teary-eyed admission of great love and appreciation for everyone in this thread.

OH GOD I LOVE YOU ALL.

*sniff*

there. done.

back to your regularly scheduled thread, my friends.

(not to say it wasn't entirely sincere.)

But for men to be feminine, that is somehow wrong. I don't get why? And why must every happy/expressive male be classed as gay? What does sexuality have to do with how you are? I happen to know the straightest acting, most masculine, man ever. He just happens to be gay.

H xx[/font]

Yes I've known a number of very feminine acting/dressing men (one who would go as far as wearing skirts, high heels and lipstick on a fairly regular basis) who were straight as an arrow, and my best RL friend who is totally and utterly gay looks like a cross between a biker and a bodybuilder - people always assume he is joking when he says he is gay and then just keep repeating "No... you can't be! Seriously? Like really? No...")

ah, makes me think of one of my favourite portraits, Peter, A Young English Girl, by Romaine Brooks:

Romaine_Brooks_-_Peter.jpg

the subject of the portrait was an artist in the 1920s named Hannah Gluckstein, who simply went by Gluck and who dressed exclusively in men's clothing. she had the coat in the portrait made herself by someone she simply called "a mad tailor". i think it's a fantastic image.

I Love it!

ah, makes me think of one of my favourite portraits, Peter, A Young English Girl, by Romaine Brooks:

Romaine_Brooks_-_Peter.jpg

the subject of the portrait was an artist in the 1920s named Hannah Gluckstein, who simply went by Gluck and who dressed exclusively in men's clothing. she had the coat in the portrait made herself by someone she simply called "a mad tailor". i think it's a fantastic image.

P, I love this picture. It comes very, very close to being a visual representation of my own gender. Thank you for posting.

*hugs*

I wish I could help, but I don't know how i can being so far away. The only thing i can offer is my inbox/wall if needed :)

H xx

Not on my watch, mister! (I don't have a watch, so logically speaking I am absolutely correct)

Drawing on the memories of Old Self, I would like to inform you that I have felt just as bad as you, fervently praying to a god I don't believe in so that by some miracle I could wake up a pretty red-haired girl, like my sisters.

I still don't like going to sleep without someone next to me (I grew up sleeping between my parents, not in a crib), but my kitty always meows her way next to me so I feel better ^_^

I love you.

Thank you both. I took a walk today and feel much better. My dysphoria tends to come in violent bursts, which dissipate quickly enough, like a storm in the summer.

I practiced my clarinet when I returned and that was sufficient to return my spirits. Amazing what a new reed and oiling the bore will do for tone quality . . .

P, I love this picture. It comes very, very close to being a visual representation of my own gender. Thank you for posting.

yeah, me too. even if i'm too cursed biologically to be able to pull it off in real life. glad you liked it, though. it's definitely an inspiration.

(incidentally, and for the record, i ought to state that the reason i use female pronouns for Gluck is because during her lifetime she identified as female and as a lesbian. whether she would have done so 80 years hence is a question neither i nor anyone else can answer. but she used female pronouns during her lifetime and that is why i've chosen to use them for her.)

Lord Dandylion

I'd prefer to be a girl so I could dress like a guy.

I'm weird.

Well you are among very like minded weird people.

Tis true. Sometimes I think that about myself, only in reverse, but I also appreciate the fact that I can freely dress as a man if I wanted to while understanding and hating how much of a double standard it is. Oh, god, did that make any sense at all?

That's the 'amusing' thing I've found. Women can be femme or butch and that's fine. In fact (particularly with my experiences in the legal system) a woman helps her case by emasculating herself. I think that's wrong.... but let's not rant now....

But for men to be feminine, that is somehow wrong. I don't get why? And why must every happy/expressive male be classed as gay? What does sexuality have to do with how you are? I happen to know the straightest acting, most masculine, man ever. He just happens to be gay.

H xx

This is interesting, as I have found the opposite. That it isn't acceptable for a woman to be 'butch' (i fucking hate that word btw), that she must always live to the expectations of what I term 'man made femininity'. Flowing locks, a wiggle walk, legs that go all the way up to 11; that kind of thing. Where as with the advent of 'metrosexuality' a man can now without question stick on some guyliner, grab his man bag and shimmy to the wine bar without being considered to be gay. Where on the other hand a woman adopts and more masculine bent, she is considered such.

That is dang dandy!

Yes please

?!

I was torn between the same, but on reading The Chap manifesto (Thou shalt always wear tweed; yes!) I'm qualifying on a majority. Still working on that moustache though, something I believe can be achieved with time!

i'm dithering between Gentleman and Chap; but i think i'll have to go with the former, because one can always be a gentleman even in reduced circumstances (as mine so regrettably are at the moment), but apparently, at least according to the magazine of the same name, there are fairly rigorous standards for the latter and i am not at all certain that as yet i make the grade.

I was torn between the same, but on reading The Chap manifesto (Thou shalt always wear tweed; yes!) I'm qualifying on a majority. Still working on that moustache though, something I believe can be achieved with time!

i know, C M; but, damn, they're picky. have you seen how they cut down people who send in pictures to ask, "Am I A Chap?" it's horrifying. i mean, i used to collect etiquette manuals. i know all about formal dress v. country dress and spring v. fall, etc., but that doesn't mean it's easy to put into practice. good lord. i'm far more comfortable identifying as a gentleman. after all, there have been many gentlemen whose social stati have been decimated and whose wardrobes have shrunk substantially but who have still managed to acquit themselves admirably. from my understanding, being a Chap is a 24/7 occupation, and i'm not sure i have either the wherewithal or the stamina for that. Gentleman it is, in my case.

(still, it's an incredibly cool magazine, regardless.)

i'm dithering between Gentleman and Chap; but i think i'll have to go with the former, because one can always be a gentleman even in reduced circumstances (as mine so regrettably are at the moment), but apparently, at least according to the magazine of the same name, there are fairly rigorous standards for the latter and i am not at all certain that as yet i make the grade.

i know, C M; but, damn, they're picky. have you seen how they cut down people who send in pictures to ask, "Am I A Chap?" it's horrifying. i mean, i used to collect etiquette manuals. i know all about formal dress v. country dress and spring v. fall, etc., but that doesn't mean it's easy to put into practice. good lord. i'm far more comfortable identifying as a gentleman. after all, there have been many gentlemen whose social stati have been decimated and whose wardrobes have shrunk substantially but who have still managed to acquit themselves admirably. from my understanding, being a Chap is a 24/7 occupation, and i'm not sure i have either the wherewithal or the stamina for that. Gentleman it is, in my case.

I see your point. Imagine if they caught wind of my recent foray into the world of ice cream selling? "How uncouth", they'd cry and oust me from the golf club.

I see your point. Imagine if they caught wind of my recent foray into the world of ice cream selling? "How uncouth", they'd cry and oust me from the golf club.

exactly. and, oh lord, if i couldn't putt of a Sunday, after Antiques Roadshow, i'm not sure what i'd do...

Good luck with that, we'll keep the tea urn warm for your return to us. As my dear mother used to say "Don't let the fucking bastards get you down."

asexual cake

Good luck with that, we'll keep the tea urn warm for your return to us. As my dear mother used to say "Don't let the fucking bastards get you down."

Inspiring words indeed.

Inspiring words indeed.

Instead, I'll mention my dismay at starting senior year tomorrow. I have to go back to being (shudder) [edit]. My classmates have proven themselves to be hostile to the transyada cause.

well, hell. then you have the opportunity to be an activist and an advocate, dontcha? i don't mean to diminish the angstiness of the whole thing, i really don't. but honestly, is anything worth fighting for ever easy? aren't you going to look back on your Senior year with greater affection and passion if you have to make a stand for something than if you can blend in easily and disappear into the wallpaper?

i can't speak for anyone else, Charles. but i flatter myself that i know you a little bit, and i can't think of anyone stauncher and more determined to defend the cause. besides, you've got a battle axe tucked away somewhere. if anyone offends you, i've got a feeling heads are gonna roll.

I assure you that means a great deal to me.

Yes, I have but ten months left here and I hope to make the best of them. Take no prisoners and all that.

"What is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women."

I would make a comment about hilarious old fogies, but I fear that's played out.

Instead, I'll mention my dismay at starting senior year tomorrow. I have to go back to being (shudder) [edit]. My classmates have proven themselves to be hostile to the transyada cause.

Oh dear lord... Don't tell me that's your "legal" name too? D: I have to correct my teachers constantly every damn semester.
I feel for anyone whose parents give them a dodgy spelling as their legal name. I used to go to school with a Vikki. Not Victoria, not even Vicky - the spelling of her name was officially Vikki. Why?! Except perhaps to get a few extra points at Scrabble?

Now that I've got my car back, I was planning on going sparkly shopping today. But I fear a little. Of course I'm going to be nervous whatever time it may be, but being a good little worker-bee, I'd forgotten that it was the evil school holidays. There's always the chance that the city will be plagued with hordes of teenagers messing around in the shops, like on Saturdays.

I could cope if it was just other grown-ups like me in the shops today, most of whom wouldn't care, but if there's a crowd of teenage girls hanging around the sparkly makeup like a tidings (no, really) of magpies I'm likely to turn round and walk out again, which would be a wasted trip. Gah. I'd mail-order, but I want to see the stuff first, and I haven't got anywhere to have it sent to other than work...

Poppy x

Problem solved, by the way!

No-one knows me in Wilmslow, and they're frankly too posh to care what I do ;)

There was a bit of a scary moment when my plan to get in there, get what I wanted and then get the hell out was scuppered slightly by someone in front of me in the queue wanting refunds on various stuff. "We'll process that as a voucher..." and various other negotiations seemed to go on for about ten minutes while I'm standing there, dazzle dust in hand, looking increasingly flustered. But I managed to wait it out, and then got out of there as fast as I could with a "kthxbye!" as I was half way out of the doors.

Who knew this could be so stressful!?

Poppy xx

Oh, did I say our? Looks like I'll be joining you lovely, mad folk. I'm looking forward to much shenanigans! I don't believe that you'll disappoint me.

Welcome, Ninja :ph34r: Transyada krossero!

NinjaID_by_theshaggyturtle.jpg