TransWhatevers of AVEN

I also found an interesting fact the other day that 'girl' used to mean a young person of either sex. :3
Very interesting source, thanks for sharing.
It shall never be revealed... you'd laugh if you knew what it was. Especially since (going back to a thread I missed because I was out) I'm 5'11''.
I have an idea, but I won't share in case I totally embarrass you.
My God, Bad Patient - if I were a romantic and Polish, I would ask for your hand.
Damn! You got there first.

BP, if it doesn't work out (fictionally) with Pugnacioun, I'd like to be next in line. ;)

Is Kim both a male and female name in English? It is in Danish.
It is more common for a woman, but I have heard it used for a man. Ironically, he is Australian!
I'm fond of the name Ashleigh, especially spelt that way instead of Ashley.
I really do not like the name Ashley. But I think my dislike of the name has more to do with the association of that name with the only Ashley I know, and dislike to a large degree. Maybe some day I will rant on about why I think said bloke is not a nice person.
the term "two-spirited" is perfect for what I now understand myself to be.
Forgive me, but I don't think I have heard that term before. If you wouldn't mind, could you explain what it is a little? Thanks!
It's amazing how good one can make another person feel without ever getting to third base.
Agreed. Although, I'd still prefer reading a book, or going to the theatre, but I suppose there aren't many people out there like me. That is to say, that would be happy never going that far.

And back on the subject of names (because I am forever late to things), how did you all pick your alternative names? Did it just 'hit' you, or was it after months/years of fruitless searching that you just randomly grabbed something?

I have another name in mind for me, but I don't think I'm ready (or bold) enough to share it.

I find it amusing that, as a kid, I would try and beg my parents to change my name to anything but what I had (and ironically all my suggestions were feminine), but they always said my name was staying. :evil: I suppose in England (back then) a name like Heidi was very rare. Just imagine that every time I read/hear my name I change it in my head to my 'male' name. I just hope that if I hear that name shouted, I don't embarrass myself by turning round. Then again, I might change my mind (again) and call myself something else until I am sure what I want to be myself, which I'm not.

[/babble]

H xx

Percy, is it Bree or Br(eye)? How would you pronounce it? The latter sounds more genderless but slightly on the masculine side, if that makes any sense... I guess how Lani is genderless but seems feminine?

I think Bryan is kind of a genderless name, isn't it? Are there girls with that name? (Well, there should be)

I've always pronounced it Br(eye), but that doesn't mean you couldn't switch it up.

Since you are a Hobbit, it is Bree.

500px-Breeland.jpg

Winter Hill
I have an idea, but I won't share in case I totally embarrass you.

Having been gently prodded, I might as well pluck up the courage and post it - Poppy.

It's partly because I think it's cute and dainty, I don't know any real Poppies so there are no real connotations for it with me, and partly because my partner sometimes calls me poppet and it kind of stuck in my head.

:blush:

I didn't have that in mind, and I'd like to say that I think Poppy's a nice name.

If you'd like me/us to call you Poppy, I certainly would have no objections.

H xx

Bad Patient

Poppy is a lovely name! The first time I heard it was as the name of the protagonist of "Happy-Go-Lucky", and I loved that film to bits, so Poppy has very good connotations for me.

Pink Glitter cake, bottomless tea, and plans of world domination?

*pulls out camping chair* Transwhatevers, where have you been all my life? High school would have been so much easier and less confusing with you.

Here here, I second that!

I am 5' 9''. Does that make me the tallest transyada here?

5.10 myself :)

5'11" (almost, and I usually do not admit to being over 5'10").

Yet, perhaps I am not a transyada, so that might disqualify me.

So, carry on. You win. :cake: :)

Winter Hill

I didn't have that in mind, and I'd like to say that I think Poppy's a nice name.

H xx

You know, I don't think I'd mind that at all. It's certainly better than "Cheshire". ^_^

P x :unsure:

Heidi, you must tell me how you quote multiple posts like that. For the life in me, I can't figure out how it's done . . .

(At the risk of being off topic . . .) The second Doctor was present in my dream last night. I would like to blame Pugnacioun's avatar.

In that case, Poppy, let me be the first to call you it.

Musik, I hit 'reply' under the post I want, cut it down to the exact quote I want, type my reply, copy it to my clipboard and hit the back browser, and hit 'reply' of the next post. Above that quoted text I paste what's already in my clipboard. Repeat as many times as desired. I find it the quickest, and easiest, as I reply quote by quote and then do it chronologically without getting confused.

Make sense?

H xx

In that case, Poppy, let me be the first to call you it.

Musik, I hit 'reply' under the post I want, cut it down to the exact quote I want, type my reply, copy it to my clipboard and hit the back browser, and hit 'reply' of the next post. Above that quoted text I paste what's already in my clipboard. Repeat as many times as desired. I find it the quickest, and easiest, as I reply quote by quote and then do it chronologically without getting confused.

Make sense?

H xx

Yes, thank you. O.o

Yay!

Now, don't do what I do & forget to copy some long bits of text - it can make replying take extra long if you have to retype all your thoughts again.

Also, I find it loses the charm of being a free-flowing straight from the heart piece.

H xx

Winter Hill

Yay!

Now, don't do what I do & forget to copy some long bits of text - it can make replying take extra long if you have to retype all your thoughts again.

Also, I find it loses the charm of being a free-flowing straight from the heart piece.

H xx

I know what you mean. Before I started using Gmail, which saves everything you write automatically as you type it in, I used to quite regularly lose emails because they didn't send for whatever reason and have to retype them. They never quite look the same as the thoughts you originally put, do they?

For especially long posts, I tend to write them in Google Docs, which does the same as Gmail so if your computer conks out it's saved automatically.

P x

We use GoogleMail in conjunction with my Uni, and I really, really do not like when it threads e-mails.

Is there anyway to turn that function off? I like all my messages to be laid out in date order irrelevant to their title because often 2/3 different subjects relate to the same thing.

H xx

Herr Joseph von Löthing

Didn't Joseph win at 6'6" or 6'7"?

H xx

Yup, 6'7". Or more, since I bought a nice pair of ex-german army boots today, which give me an extra inch.

Heidi, you must tell me how you quote multiple posts like that. For the life in me, I can't figure out how it's done . . .

(At the risk of being off topic . . .) The second Doctor was present in my dream last night. I would like to blame Pugnacioun's avatar.

You can also use the multi-quote button, it's toggle button under each post, so you can select multiple posts (like I did, hehe). It's WAY easier than the copy-paste method :P

Okay, after I've done all my multiquoting, how do I get the reply box up? Do I just hit 'add reply' and it all appears magically?

:blush: I've never played with it.

H xx

P is for...

H xx

You know, I don't think I'd mind that at all. It's certainly better than "Cheshire". ^_^

dear Poppy,

may i congratulate you on you choice of moniker; i think Poppy is a lovely name, and indeed, it's one of my favourite flowers. not to mention that fact that it now makes you an official P-person, at least for purposes of this thread. may i offer a few to you (pink, of course) in celebration:

poppies-poppy-plants.jpg

however.

i'm a bit dubious about this sudden signing-with-a-P business. now, i know i haven't got a monopoly on the letter P (although i have got a game of Monopoly lying about somewhere), and i don't forsee any difficulties so long as it stays within the confines of the Transyadas, as i doubt very much anyone is going to confuse the two of us. (by that i simply mean that, while i admire glitter on others, when i comes to myself i tend to keep a wide berth.) still, i wasn't able to let it pass without notice.

again, felicitations, regards, etc., and i hope your new name brings you much joy and years of happiness. i shall be delighted to call you by it.

yrs,

P

asexual cake

Blame? My goodness, you should thank. The second Doctor is the best Doctor, and I cannot imagine his presence being unwelcome.

I am 5' 9''. Does that make me the tallest transyada here?

5.10 myself :)

5'11" (almost, and I usually do not admit to being over 5'10").

Yet, perhaps I am not a transyada, so that might disqualify me.

So, carry on. You win. :cake: :)

With the way conversation goes in this thread, I'm not sure anything could disqualify one from anything else, and especially not for such an esteemed poster/human as yourself.

Winter Hill

dear Poppy,

may i congratulate you on you choice of moniker; i think Poppy is a lovely name, and indeed, it's one of my favourite flowers. not to mention that fact that it now makes you an official P-person, at least for purposes of this thread. may i offer a few to you (pink, of course) in celebration:

however.

i'm a bit dubious about this sudden signing-with-a-P business. now, i know i haven't got a monopoly on the letter P (although i have got a game of Monopoly lying about somewhere), and i don't forsee any difficulties so long as it stays within the confines of the Transyadas, as i doubt very much anyone is going to confuse the two of us. (by that i simply mean that, while i admire glitter on others, when i comes to myself i tend to keep a wide berth.) still, i wasn't able to let it pass without notice.

again, felicitations, regards, etc., and i hope your new name brings you much joy and years of happiness. i shall be delighted to call you by it.

yrs,

P

You know, it never actually crossed my mind that there were several other P's here. Out of sight, out of mind and all that. ;)

I tend to sign all my emails at work and so on with a simple "A x", so when I decided I was going to be a P, it was a simple extrapolation of the concept. However, I've seen the error of my ways... !

By the way, I've found the most exceptional source of various glittery, sparkly trinkets and things. I got a hold of their brochure on my computer and spent a few minutes reading it making the strangest excitable yelping sounds. I worry sometimes...

Poppy x

P is for...

By the way, I've found the most exceptional source of various glittery, sparkly trinkets and things. I got a hold of their brochure on my computer and spent a few minutes reading it making the strangest excitable yelping sounds. I worry sometimes...

Poppy x

Dazzle Dust! get the Dazzle Dust, Poppy!

(and by the way--the pink Poppy sig suits you better than the plain old P anyway. that's only good for boring--albeit, according to Pugnacioun at least, hilarious--fogies like myself.)

fogies like myself.

*wonders how old P is*

I suppose that I can respect you even more for your age (which is cool). 8)

H xx

dear Poppy,

poppies-poppy-plants.jpg

however.

yrs,

P

I am a ‘C’ and ‘C’ rhymes with ‘P’ so can I therefore request to be an adopted minion of the ‘P’s? Please?

In a moment of inspiration (or madness) I changed my gender to 'Not Telling' and am now waiting for my pic and avatar to change.

Impatient me.

H xx

Winter Hill

[/quote

Dazzle Dust! get the Dazzle Dust, Poppy!

I'm off into the city on Wednesday, all things being equal (my rusting, hulking wreck car is in the burning money pit from hell garage) and I think I may well be returning with bags full of shimmery, dazzling glittery stuff.

I want to practice, then perhaps, just perhaps, subtly sparkle into the city night at some point in the near future... :unsure:

Poppy x

I had a dream last night that I was shopping with my friend Kamren (who's working on starting transition), and I was wearing some kind of skirt and a t-shirt and a wool hat. Anyway, we met up with this dude, who even after hearing us talk and seeing how I was dressed, treated us both as guys. So we all went on adventures, and it was interesting.