TransWhatevers of AVEN

To those who aren't native speakers, I honestly never would have guessed.

And Tampere was one of the other cities I was considering, so that could potentially work out quite nicely.

Edit: Adriatic, that would be pretty epic.

Wouldn't it?! The trouble is, I'm already supposed to be at three different conferences in March/April (one of which also rules me out of Within Temptation's only UK date next year, damn it) so the end of March and first two weeks and last few days of April would be out.

But if your dates are more flexible than mine...

Hello Dearest Yadas,

As I was at school for the last 9 hours, would you please share the spark notes version of the last 5 pages?

Love Always,

Your resident techie Danni

Adriatic, there is the chance that we won't be able to go in the Spring and will instead have to wait until May or June, although... that seems unlikely. There is also a chance that we will have to go earlier, in February perhaps, though it all depends.

Hello Dearest Yadas,

As I was at school for the last 9 hours, would you please share the spark notes version of the last 5 pages?

Love Always,

Random nonsense.

The Professor doesn't like being injured.

Dead animals

Staking claims to various parts of the House of Yada

British Library takeover

FINNISH

Defective yadas

More on languages

Potential Finnish yadameet next spring

Whereabouts do you live in Finland? I have a trip planned for next spring, in either March or April, to visit as a dirty touristfor no reason other than that I want to go. The plan at present is to spend most of that time in Helsinki, but I am open to the options, even if my mother (with whom I'll be making the trip) is not.

Also, I am pleased that we have turned back to speaking about languages. Learning languages is the only thing I'm good at. Seriously.

I live in Pirkanmaa region, in a small town between Hämeenlinna and Tampere, about 140 km from Helsinki. I've lived in Tampere for 10 years so I could show you around there. I'm originally from Espoo, next to Helsinki, but I haven't been there for a long time so I'm not that much of a help there.

You too, Adriatic. Yadas are always welcome here.

I begin to wonder whether all three of us could contrive to be in the same place at the same time, now...

Make it happen. P, prettyeyes, and I managed it. There ought to be more Yadameets, and it seems that three is the optimal number judging by our evidence so far.

Yes, well, you, P, and prettyeyes have the great benefit of living in the same state.

yeah, and the Professor greatly exaggerates his presence at that meet. pretteyes and i hung out for about 7 hours, and the Professor was there for maybe all of half an hour. he muttered something about having to go to a movie with his younger brother and skedaddled. oh well. he'll never know what he missed...

Adriatic, there is the chance that we won't be able to go in the Spring and will instead have to wait until May or June, although... that seems unlikely. There is also a chance that we will have to go earlier, in February perhaps, though it all depends.

Hello Dearest Yadas,

Love Always,

Random nonsense.

Dead animals

British Library takeover

FINNISH

Defective yadas

More on languages

Oh, and we have a battle-cry! Which I'll leave it to the Finnish-speakers to spell although it was SM Sterling who mucked it up the first time.

Hello Dearest Yadas,

Love Always,

Random nonsense.

Dead animals

British Library takeover

FINNISH

Defective yadas

More on languages

Is my computer room across from the library safe?

I want in on this Finnish business! Seriously last year my sister flew to Norway from Dublin for cheaper than it would have cost her to take the train to Galway.

Actually, even if one of those did end up happening, it would still be feasible for me to get over there, even potentially less of a mess for me than my March/April fixture pile-up. I'll have one weekly class to teach in February and possibly still in early May (damned if I understand next semester's Easter holidays), but that shouldn't get in my way too much, even though I can just bet they're going to timetable it for a Friday afternoon...

Actually, even if one of those did end up happening, it would still be feasible for me to get over there, even potentially less of a mess for me than my March/April fixture pile-up. I'll have one weekly class to teach in February and possibly still in early May (damned if I understand next semester's Easter holidays), but that shouldn't get in my way too much, even though I can just bet they're going to timetable it for a Friday afternoon...

June would be the best because of the weather, then I could take you to my family's summer cottage. It's too cold for that in April and maybe even in May.

If only I had the capital to actually go to Finland. I think I'm stuck on this continent for a few years.

Brackets, I'll be sure to go to Canada and capture you before departing from the Americas. You can hide in my luggage.

June would be the best because of the weather, then I could take you to my family's summer cottage. It's too cold for that in April and maybe even in May.

The trouble with June, though, is that people start wanting to go to Scandinavia, which drives up already fairly high prices for travel. And even beyond that, we may be moving then, meaning that all hands will be needed for the transfer of ... everything we own.

Oh, I'm not looking forward to that in the slightest. We have so many useless things.

Brackets, I'll be sure to go to Canada and capture you before departing from the Americas. You can hide in my luggage.

The trouble with June, though, is that people start wanting to go to Scandinavia, which drives up already fairly high prices for travel. And even beyond that, we may be moving then, meaning that all hands will be needed for the transfer of ... everything we own.

Oh, I'm not looking forward to that in the slightest. We have so many useless things.

The two times I went to Sweden were both in March. (And for the same reason. I would be amazed if anyone manages to work out why, but I know what this thread is like...) I could handle the weather, just, but I do shudder a little to think what February even further north would be like.

btw, when my family moved house (or rather when my mum, dad and sister moved house - because it was my final year at uni, I got to stay on in the old flat until it was sold. Yay, depressed property market of 2003!) we told the removals company how large our flat was and they sent one mover with a van. He took one step inside, saw the bookshelves lined up floor-to-ceiling, and had to ring head office to call in urgently three more movers and a lorry...

Professor Godric

Ooh, Basil, I keep meaning to tell you: I adore your icon.

-sigh- I hate to admit this, but I don't like Earl Gray. (Not that that should stop any of the rest of you, of course. And I do like the smell quite a bit.) I feel like a defective yada. Oh well. More Earl Gray for you and more Chai (or mint, or green) for me.

You feel like a defective Yada for that? I don't drink tea, period. Well, I have tried it a couple of times, but I've never liked it.

...where do you stand on coffee?

I don't really like coffee either. Generally speaking, I usually only drink 3 things: water, milk, and apple juice. I know that's weird.

I can honestly say that's the first time I've ever been okay with being kidnapped.

I'd love to visit Finland. My stepmom has cancer and my grandpa has Diabetes/cancer recovery so we're tight on money. (The damn doctors gave him radiation/chemo when he was in remission and he got really sick and couldn't walk and lost all his weight and muscles.) Not to mention we're moving. We've also got braces bills and my glasses. If none of this shit had happened, I could seriously most likely go to Finland. Sadly, the world was like, "HA. FUCK YOUR FAMILY. WE'RE GOING TO GIVE THEM TONS OF INCURABLE DISEASES." Thanks, world. I fucking hate you, too.

Not to mention, my brother going to college next year...

I'd love to visit Finland. My stepmom has cancer and my grandpa has Diabetes/cancer recovery so we're tight on money. (The damn doctors gave him radiation/chemo when he was in remission and he got really sick and couldn't walk and lost all his weight and muscles.) Not to mention we're moving. We've also got braces bills and my glasses. If none of this shit had happened, I could seriously most likely go to Finland. Sadly, the world was like, "HA. FUCK YOUR FAMILY. WE'RE GOING TO GIVE THEM TONS OF INCURABLE DISEASES." Thanks, world. I fucking hate you, too.

Not to mention, my brother going to college next year...

Aw. That really sucks. Someone will have to swing by and kidnap you as well.

My capital is being slowly but surely spent on liquid calories saved for buying books next semester. But I have sworn to myself that one day I will make it to Finland.

Professor Godric

I can honestly say that's the first time I've ever been okay with being kidnapped.

Take me too.

Take me too.

Well, of course.

Also, my ring broke so AHA. Improvisation~.

What's with all these broken rings just now? anamia broke hers yesterday....

Mine had a string type thing wrapped around it and it broke. I then had the genuis idea of painting it.

Ooh, Basil, I keep meaning to tell you: I adore your icon.

-sigh- I hate to admit this, but I don't like Earl Gray. (Not that that should stop any of the rest of you, of course. And I do like the smell quite a bit.) I feel like a defective yada. Oh well. More Earl Gray for you and more Chai (or mint, or green) for me.

It's okay! I dislike most herbals. And store chai. Possibly because I've had the real thing?

Topic change. I watched some more Mighty Boosh yesterday and I'm starting to like it. It's weird but so am I.

YES. Join uss

KieranTheWerewolf42

I am hereby claiming the British Library as my own.

I'll storm it tomorrow. Anyone who wants to join needs to meet me outside at 8:00, preferably with tea and a large weapon.

I'll be there with some Earl Grey, a cannon, and a pike (because who doesn't want to see some heads on a pike?)

Gentleyadas, the objective:

kingslibrarytower.jpg

The King's Library Tower.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9XO85CF2d4

P, that music is incredibly appropriate.

I've also decided that the House of Yada needs some artwork and some funds to back all of these takeovers. So, I'm going to be the resident white collar criminal in order to accomplish this. I'm a regular Frank Abagnale, or if you prefer...Vincenzo Peruggia.

Random Fact: Pablo Picasso was implicated in the 1911 theft of the Mona Lisa.

Yadas, be ashamed of yourselves. This thread has been silent for over two hours now.

Anyway, I'm popping in to tell you that Siggy is asking for your life stories.

I'm falling asleep. Have been since class at 2 or so. Silly Professor turned off the lights and that was that. Though I think I took notes on automatic, which is nice.

Anyway, someone else talk for a bit. I need a nap. Or some tea. Or both.

I'm back! Not like I was really missed much since there wasn't really anyone here when I was gone. :P

I will head over to siggy's tread and consider posting something... we shall see.