TransWhatevers of AVEN

15 hours ago, Kimmie. said:

I am happy that I have not had that much dysphoria lately but actually more euphoria when I present as a woman. I have mentioned this before but I get so much more confident. And I kind of like how I look then except the face that is.

For me it's the opportunity to be tucking 16 hours a day 😎

• Like 1

A article I just found

https://www.aftonbladet.se/kultur/a/GGoqKJ/upproret-ar-installt

Spoiler

The uprising is over
Kristofer Andersson in a tough year for the LGBTQ movement

Of:
Kristofer Andersson
PUBLISHED: TODAY 04.00

This is a cultural article that is part of Aftonbladet's opinion journalism.

CULTURE
In the micro-lecture Black Music, for the festival Black Space, DJ and writer Nathan Hamelberg draws the line between slavery and today's dominant music. From disco and hip hop to electronic fringes; all musical modernity can be traced to America's freedom, as well as to the culture that the country's Latino queers once made theirs.

By breaking the rules, those who never smelled of influence got a taste of power: Graffiti cracked the whole alphabet. Discon dressed in new identities - and set the tone for a revolution whose hallmark has been abolished.

NYC Pride and San Francisco Pride are celebrating their fiftieth anniversary. 49 years after Gay Power Club fixed a train in Örebro, the world's parades have been canceled. Virus is the cause, but the absence is symptomatic for the time being.

The sun is setting in the west. The ladder leads wrong. Global demonstrations are being organized against the police violence against racist citizens. 51 years after black drag queens got tired of ritual police harassment at the Stonewall Inn bar and riveted the perpetrators trampling queers in the streets for George Floyd and history detonates.
No one is free until everyone is free, writes Maya Angelo.

American singer Beverly Glenn-Copeland - whose album Transmissions: The music of Beverly Glenn-Copeland will be released in a few weeks - says that during his life he faced three challenges: Being black in a white environment. To be trans in a heterosexual world. And to be an artist in a life driven by money. Copeland, 76 years old, embodies the great conflict hotspots of the twenties. But for now, the white heterosexual identity project is behind the wheel.

Four years ago, when Donald Trump won the American election, it was said that culture would strike back. It did, but the price was growing unfree. The cost is paid by everyone, but blacks and transgender people get to pay extra. Half a century after Stonewall, it is still considered kosher to "debate the trans issue", apparently a threat even to liberals.

On the conservative communication channel Twitter, J K Rowling ironically insists on the habit of men menstruating. Two years earlier, she slammed her thumb and liked a post about trans women being guys in skirts. On the same platform, Margot Wallström spreads articles whose raison d'être is to attack these men in dresses. In other matters, Wallström had been forced to read in before she began to loosen up, but such demands are not made.

It is to some extent understandable that Margot Wallström and J K Rowling, who have spent years on feminism and social injustice, become skeptical as their struggle develops, but the skepticism is misdirected. It is said that the left abandons class struggle in favor of the rugged "identity politics", but criticism ignores that transgender people, like blacks, more often tend to get stuck at the bottom of society.

Anyone who wants to know how the 20th century is drawn only needs to go to Hollywood: In Independence Day director Roland Emmerich's film Stonewall from 2015, a white gay man is suddenly at the center. Emmerich defended himself by saying that he had made a film that Straight could stand, obviously a sensitive family. That hard washing is political: Many, even a pale homosexual like Emmerich, benefit from perpetuating hierarchies. Therefore, he waves away criticism with lies: "Let's be honest - Stonewall was a white event."

A Black lives matter demonstrator in New York with a poster about the Stonewall Inn - the gay bar where today's LGBTQ movement was born.
PHOTO: AP
A Black lives matter demonstrator in New York with a poster about the Stonewall Inn - the gay bar where today's LGBTQ movement was born.
When the theologian Joel Halldorf writes that "violent movements seldom bring about reform", it is a further adjustment of the past, which among other things overlooks the violence that took place on Christopher Street 51-53 on June 28, 1969. In a way, Joel Halldorf is right: The Reform in the footsteps of Stonewall goes very slowly. Sweden stopped forcibly sterilizing people who wanted to change their legal gender in 2013. Since then, the room for maneuver has shrunk.
During last year's debate on trans care, the parent network Genid became influential. They described themselves as "anxious parents of young people with gender dysphoria" and participated in the "Assignment review" program "Tranståget and the teenage girls". Recently, RFSU's sexual policy magazine Ottar showed how the network has connections to Christian conservative groups, as well as to transgender 

critics on the left. It is no longer possible to blame only right-wing populists, for whom all but monogamous and easily identifiable guys and girls are lame. Opposition is spreading: National Conservatives are now doing something together with radical feminists and suspicious relatives. The development is encouraged by the soft class of well-educated humanists who do not touch a fly, but whose existence and institutionalized rules of life reduce the lives of others.

The brake pad is called the Majority. Stripping Pride, or Black lives matter, on radicalism is necessary if J K Rowling and Margot Wallström or Kristofer Andersson are to retain their power. The same goes for attempts to separate racism from sexual phobias.

Programs such as the Metro or the public service-labeled Security Guards do their best to maintain order in power. There, random whipping of dark-haired young people is transformed into the status quo, separated from all other intolerance. When two researchers write that a dismantling of the police would be good, they are met with scorn, even though it would be a real effort for minorities.

Instead, meeting places are closed without debate. When the police hijack another LGBTQ club in 2020, with the presence of drugs as a pretext, the majority will remain silent. There are songs to sing but someone is trying to disconnect the speaker. At sunset, history stands and weighs.

EDIT: Google translate don't work that good sometimes.

nerdperson777

So yesterday I had an appointment to donate blood.  I do it because T makes me generate way more red blood cells than I need.  Unlike bodies that naturally produce testosterone, I don't have a sensor in my body that just tells me to stop producing red blood cells.  Letting go of some blood will help me not get a blood clot and I won't have to get off T altogether until it calms down.  So I went to the location.  They were an hour behind so I might as well wait the hour since I'm out anyway.  I finally get called in for screening.  I was not allowed to donate because my blood pressure was too low.  This was after the volunteer checked me several times and used more than one pressure taker thing.  He joked that I was too relaxed and/or don't have enough salt in my diet.  I actually think I've had too much salt lately because of the extra fast food I've been eating.  He said that this was a common issue for high school students.  I thought about it, and I guess my body's metabolism would be that of someone in a testosterone first puberty who is 15-16 years old, having been on T for 3 years.  I may exercise like someone at that age, but I'm still small for one and don't have the muscle composition of one.  I lost 3% of my body fat in 3 years but I gained it all back in the last couple months.  I was never really in the "male" range for anything.  My legs are considered average for male but my arms are absolute noodles.  On a "female" scale, I'm just considered to have more muscle than needed for my size.  My legs are huge with arms that are still only 90% of the average at best.

So I've been thinking about my life in "T years" and wondering if I can really be considered like a teenager.  I've heard people saying that our "T age" is 12 + time on T.  I'd say that I started puberty more like 13, but it doesn't make that much of a difference.  My growth plates apparently weren't finished growing when I started T so I at least got to grow an inch, or maybe I just stopped slouching.  I told some cis friends who were the same height that I grew an inch in the last couple years so I'm now the tallest one.  One was kind of jealous of my extra inch.  Unless we count her younger sister joining us for things, she might be taller.  I just know she's just taller than her older sister.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Today I recieved a pair of female shorts and a blouse. They fit really good and I'm very happy😄

• Like 6
4 hours ago, Andrea KF said:

Today I recieved a pair of female shorts and a blouse. They fit really good and I'm very happy😄

Puma iconic mini short

906867-03

and

PIECES 

Basic - shorts

Maybe search for : leggings.

Makes a perfect couple, lang term & flat downthere.

Adidas Alphaskin Long Tights women(pink waistband).

Makes me flat down there too, but it's more obviously.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a friendly reminder:

Non-Indigenous people using the "Two-Spirit" label is a form of cultural misappropriation.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

I was born a guy, but, around the time I turned 15, I just felt that my body didn't go in sync with who I am. On some days, I would feel genderless, but on others, a mildly feminine side pops out. I hated my "junk", and started hiding it. Coming out was a unique kind of hell, as almost everyone I knew still believed that there is only two genders, so intentional misgendering and deadnaming was common.

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Kimmie. said:

Why wasn't I born female!?

*hug*
I feel the same.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2020 at 10:24 AM, nerdperson777 said:

So I've been thinking about my life in "T years" and wondering if I can really be considered like a teenager.  I've heard people saying that our "T age" is 12 + time on T.  I'd say that I started puberty more like 13, but it doesn't make that much of a difference.  My growth plates apparently weren't finished growing when I started T so I at least got to grow an inch, or maybe I just stopped slouching.  I told some cis friends who were the same height that I grew an inch in the last couple years so I'm now the tallest one.  One was kind of jealous of my extra inch.  Unless we count her younger sister joining us for things, she might be taller.  I just know she's just taller than her older sister.

Old post but... can relate. I haven’t taken any hormones, but it still feels like puberty. 

Also. I’m 24 and I mamaged to grow in height this year. What the actual heck. I also apparently have larger feet now. Lol. But I exercise a lot lately and it might be that. 

I am in the male range for things, apparently. Karate is being frustrating. I still haven’t passed the single belt exam in years. Dang that. And haven’t taken part in the promised competitions. They always coincide with something. I gained a lot of muscle mass over the last year, it seems. And I’m more in the male weight range. Maybe it’s my height though. So, um, I said in the past that a fit female body looks different from a male one? Not so sure about it now, lol. 

• 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Kimmie. said:

I saw a headline but didn't know was going to go with he/they. Definitely didn't expect that, even if they had a tomboy side.

More representation from decent people and actors is always good.

• Like 1
DarkStormyKnight

I'm so happy for Elliot, it seems like people are being super accepting and I'm sure they'll continue to do excellent work as an actor. :D 

• Like 4
Oberon Jasper

Didn't know this was a thread. Hi y'all.

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been tucking(and something else) for a couple of years and I like the impotence that it have led me too.

The clothing I use for hometraining is made for women.But something was missing, so i've bought something for my upper body.
That was a bad decition, cos i've now for 3 days been walking around with a stuffed sportsbra & I like the look.

Don't want to start a whole new thread for my little question, so I'm going to ask it here:

Does anyone of you have experience with ... how shall I put it ... applications in which you make yourself visible as a nonbinary person? I've started to be rather straightforward with my wish not be addressed as Mrs XY in the working world. And generally, if I can muster up the courage to do it, I ask people not to use gender-specific words when referring to me.

So, now that I'm sending out applications for internships, I want to let my potential bosses know right from the start how I would prefer to be addressed.

Do you guys think it's okay if I add a sentence like "I would like to kindly ask you to use a gender-neutral form of address" or something along these lines in my covering letter? If yes, where - below the signature? Should I put it in brackets? Any other ideas?

I have seen someone put their pronouns in their e-mail signature, but I don't really use any specific pronouns in my native language (German). So that's not an option for me, unfortunately.

30 minutes ago, kiaroskuro said:

Do you guys think it's okay if I add a sentence like "I would like to kindly ask you to use a gender-neutral form of address" or something along these lines in my covering letter? If yes, where - below the signature? Should I put it in brackets? Any other ideas?

I have seen someone put their pronouns in their e-mail signature, but I don't really use any specific pronouns in my native language (German). So that's not an option for me, unfortunately.

My gut feeling is to put a sentence in the last paragraph, where you write that you would be happy to be invited for an interview, when you could start working, etc. But I never did it myself. Putting it in brackets feels wrong to me, but I cannot say why. Putting it below the signature as a postscript  seems a bit to old fashioned for me and that you forgot it to mention before.

3 hours ago, Bloc said:

My gut feeling is to put a sentence in the last paragraph, where you write that you would be happy to be invited for an interview, when you could start working, etc. But I never did it myself. Putting it in brackets feels wrong to me, but I cannot say why. Putting it below the signature as a postscript  seems a bit to old fashioned for me and that you forgot it to mention before.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this! Mentioning it in the last paragraph is not a bad idea, actually. And yeah, come to think of it, the other options do seem a bit clumsy in a letter of application.

But actually I think I'm not going to mention it all. Unlike my last and current "bosses", who seem to be very much cishet, I think the potential new ones will understand or guess why I'm including gender stars in my cover letters and mails. 

One day I will have the courage to be myself

• Like 6
Ms. Carolynne

There might be some hope for me yet; My brother and a close family friend seem to be a lot more accepting on a lot of social issues than they used to be, and they seem to be more open to trans people.

It started out as a vent about a homophobic co-worker who was complaining about gay characters in cartoons (unwittingly to one of our lesbian co-workers) out of seemingly nowhere when we were talking about another co-worker who is also lesbian. He proceeded to get pissy that no-one agreed with his bullshit.

The conversation digressed into one about social issues in general, and about overcoming prejudice. My brother seems to have no issue with trans people, while the family friend has become friends with a non-binary person and seems to respect their identity.

It's relieving that they've come around on these issues and might actually be supportive. I've been thinking of coming out to a couple people, and I feel more confident about it now.

Only issue is the rest of my family, my parents still haven't fully accepted that my oldest brother is gay. My extended family is kind of dysfunctional and toxic, but not everyone, however I doubt they'd accept me as trans and my parents wouldn't want them to know anyway. They still don't know that my oldest brother is gay, and he has a serious boyfriend that he has moved in with and they might be getting married.

• Like 5
On 8/1/2020 at 1:24 AM, nerdperson777 said:

I do it because T makes me generate way more red blood cells than I need.  Unlike bodies that naturally produce testosterone, I don't have a sensor in my body that just tells me to stop producing red blood cells.

I wanted to point out that hemochromatosis is much more common in men vs. women. (And I think that’s what you’re referring to.) I’m not sure if you were speculating that cismen have some physiological mechanisms managing blood cells that you lack; I think that’s unlikely.

IMHO the more likely explanation is that your genetics & physiology (note it has a strong genetic component — you can read about “hereditary hemochromatosis”) mean that you’re more prone to it when in a physiologically male state, just as cis AMAB guys are. You might have even gone on to develop it later on life without T, it just became an issue sooner.

I guess I wanted to point this out because I don’t want people to think T is inducing unnatural medical conditions that weren’t likely to have occurred for a cis person of that gender. Sure it’s technically played a role, but it’s not like people treat cis men with T suppression to treat medical conditions men are more prone to.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, anisotrophic said:

I guess I wanted to point this out because I don’t want people to think T is inducing unnatural medical conditions that weren’t likely to have occurred for a cis person of that gender. Sure it’s technically played a role, but it’s not like people treat cis men with T suppression to treat medical conditions men are more prone to.

I think the average cis man would absolutely lose it if you suggested testosterone reduction...

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Kimmie. said:

One day I will have the courage to be myself

Please do so 🎂🎂

• Like 2
Light_Sunstone23

It really sucks that people who are xenogender get a lot of crap from not only the trans community, but from cis people as well. Can we live in peace like for 5 seconds? 

Please?

Being xenogender rocks😎  👽  ✌🏻

-∞🌚🌈🌞

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Light_Sunstone23 said:

It really sucks that people who are xenogender get a lot of crap from not only the trans community, but from cis people as well. Can we live in peace like for 5 seconds? 

Please?

-∞🌚🌈🌞

Well, people can do what they want, though personally I don't want to acknowledge xenogenders in society, because we need acceptance for the genders that do exist. But if one falls into agender, in example, then that's something I can easily talk about, I feel that's easily part of the gender spectrum.
And just to be clear, a part of me technically falls into xeno in terms of my spiritual side, but I don't talk or advocate for that in society because I want trans matters to be grounded and for us to be accepted correctly, as a priority, kinda you could say.

12 hours ago, Light_Sunstone23 said:

Please?

-∞🌚🌈🌞

I don't really understand "xenogenders" very well, but I hate it when people in the queer community try to play respectability politics by punching down at even less common identities.  Live and let live.

• Like 5

Hello! I consider myself on the transmasculine side of things, but DemiBoy seems a little silly as I am in my 30s. I have always felt a little ... misplaced, but this year I finally decided to look into this gender thing that I have been studiously trying to avoid for so long. I knew I would be opening a can of worms. 

• Like 3