TransWhatevers of AVEN

On 2/27/2019 at 5:40 AM, Coddiwomple said:

@TrippleL I'd say go for the X!

I’m afraid I chickened out and crossed out “Gender:” and wrote “Sex: M”.

Next time I will write X! 🙂

• Like 1

@Jinkx I hope that your haircut goes well. :) 

...It just dawned on me that I have those hormones sitting up in my cupboard. Still not sure what to do about those yet. They're gonna be good for several more years, so it's not like they're gonna expire any time soon. I just don't want to go there right now. I have more than enough on my plate right now... 😞

@Just Dani Thank you! It's going well so far. The initial chop had me in complete shock but already it's so much lighter and I think it might turn out well.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Jinkx said:

@Just Dani Thank you! It's going well so far. The initial chop had me in complete shock but already it's so much lighter and I think it might turn out well.

You're welcome. 😊

I know what that initial shock is like, especially if you're used to having long hair. But that feeling of lightness IS pretty awesome! :D 

26 minutes ago, Just Dani said:

You're welcome. 😊

I know what that initial shock is like, especially if you're used to having long hair. But that feeling of lightness IS pretty awesome! :D 

IT TURNED OUT FREAKING AWESOME OH MY GOD IT'S SO WEIRD AND MY HEAD IS COLD BUT IT'S GREAT.

• Like 6
nerdperson777
24 minutes ago, Just Dani said:

You're welcome. 😊

I remember feeling weird because when I laid in bed, my neck actually touched my pillow.  Usually it's that my hair cushions my neck into the pillow.  But then now it's like, nope, you are touching this pillow with your neck.

The other day I went to my doctor's office to update my insurance information to their system.  The office itself has their own ID card system just for themselves.  So I have a yellow card that has my basic info on it, like legal name, sex, birthdate, and a picture.  The person who helped update my info said that I needed a new picture for my card.  I just cut my hair Sunday (well, in the middle of the night Monday morning) so my hair is extra short.  I felt pleased that I can finally start changing all my ID photos to shorter hair.  I had my hair short almost 4 years ago now and I don't believe I've had a single ID photo with short hair before this.

Then I also realized an irony in this.  Before, my ID photos were often taken at inconvenient times.  My hair tended to be longer than usual in them.  For one of my high school IDs, I had gone to the school to pick up my schedule before the year started but the line for getting photos or something.  My dad took me home and cut only my bangs.  So the rest of my hair, which was about chin or between chin and lip length, was past the length.  Then for my driver's license, which I still have an outdated photo of, when I got my permit, I confirmed with the worker that my info was correct.  On the way home, I realized that my name was missing a letter in the middle.  I was told that this was not a big deal (by my dad maybe?).  So I took my driving test at some point, got the ID mailed to me, and remembered that my name was missing that letter.  I went to the DMV to get the letter back in my name and they decided that they needed a new ID photo for me.  Surprise, I was also due for a haircut at this time.  So my current ID still has me with longer than usual hair.  I lost my wallet last year and asked a friend what she did when she lost her stuff.  She said that she froze her cards and went to the DMV to get a new driver's license.  She also took a new photo.  I thought that I could finally get a short hair ID photo.  Maybe it's because she lives in a different city about 400 miles away, she got to change her photo but I didn't.  I just got the same longer hair photo but I added like 30 pounds to my weight.  So now I guess my tendency will be having hair shorter than usual.  I tend to cut my hair really short so that I can go longer between haircuts.  But at least I have one short hair photo now.  The clinic I go to was handling my name change stuff so maybe after that all changes I can get my short hair driver's license photo.

Celyn: The Lutening
15 minutes ago, Jinkx said:

IT TURNED OUT FREAKING AWESOME OH MY GOD IT'S SO WEIRD AND MY HEAD IS COLD BUT IT'S GREAT.

When I got the Transmasc CutTM the biggest thing I had to adjust to was having to remember to put on a scarf. 

• Like 2
nerdperson777
1 minute ago, Celyn said:

When I got the Transmasc CutTM the biggest thing I had to adjust to was having to remember to put on a scarf. 

Really?  I still don't have much of a use for scarves.

35 minutes ago, Celyn said:

I honestly think it will be nice, seeing as I live in Southern California and it's starting to warm up again. ☺️ Just have to remember more sunscreen now. 

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, nerdperson777 said:

Really?  I still don't have much of a use for scarves.

It gets cold here in London!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Jinkx said:

It sounds like you enjoyed the haircut after all! :D 

And don't worry about the cold. They make hats to help with that. ;) 

So, today me and some friends celebrated my birthday (even though it's tomorrow, lol) and I decided to wear a dress :P. My roommate said that I'd look like a crossdresser and we might get hatecrimed. (They said this as a joke and yes, I know "it's not funny" but we both generally deal with queerphobic harrassment that we get through humour.) I dismissed them, thinking that everyone would just see me as a girl with short hair and I was willing to let it happen. Anyways, it turns out I was totally wrong 😂😂. The moment we got on the bus the lady giving out the tickets started saying some reeeeally weird stuff, like: "Honey, if you wanted to be born as a boy why didn't you pray to God to make you a boy while you were in the womb?" 😶😶. She then said that from the neck up I look like a guy and from the neck down I look like a girl. (She also thought my roommate was a guy and she criticized them for their jeans being too feminine, loooool.) Afterwards, when me and my friends were eating at a restaurant they told me that people had been staring at me on the streets (I didn't notice). My roommate's girlfriend even said some guy had been staring... between my legs. Ew. But, you know, it's whatever, it actually makes me quite happy that I managed to wear such a feminine outfit while still passing as androgynous! If anything, I think I passed as more androgynous than usual because people usually think I'm a guy and today I guess they were mostly confused. Not being gendered is a great feeling 😊. Also, I'm generally super dysphoric about my face, I think it looks really feminine but experiences like these make me feel a little bit better.

• Like 3
45 minutes ago, Light02 said:

The moment we got on the bus the lady giving out the tickets started saying some reeeeally weird stuff, like: "Honey, if you wanted to be born as a boy why didn't you pray to God to make you a boy while you were in the womb?" 😶😶.

Yes, because every fetus ever just knows about the "lord and savior"... If you can't understand language and are not aware of your existence yet how could you possibly pray to any deity? Asking a bit much I think...

This reminds me that when I was about 6 we first had a preacher come into our class at school. He told us about God and how He answers peoples prayers...
That night I prayed to be a girl... I still don't know if my prayer was answered or not XD
(I am thinking not buuuuuuuut... XP)

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, Just Dani said:

I swear, if there is a god, I have SO many questions for them... 😑

True that.
I think I would probably ask mostly questions of curiosity though...
Like: what DOES a god do in their spare time, do they even have spare time? etc etc 

• Like 2
23 hours ago, StomachGod said:

Yes, because every fetus ever just knows about the "lord and savior"... If you can't understand language and are not aware of your existence yet how could you possibly pray to any deity? Asking a bit much I think...

I don't think we need to look for logic in that lady's words, she was reaaally weird. I mean, at one point she asked my friend what their name is and when they answered, giving her their birth name which is a girl's name the woman was shocked that they weren't a boy and started poking their chest to see if they had boobs. 💀💀 Thankfully, my friend didn't mind, they just started laughing harder. Then the lady said we should both grow out our hair because: "our hair is our antenna to God" 😭. She also talked about how when you massage the ear that's an energy center that wakes you up and she demonstrated by massaging my friend's ear... She also said to me: "If this was my bus, I'd take you as my daughter. I'd give you a present for your birthday but I don't have anything." We got off as soon as possible.

3 hours ago, Light02 said:

Then the lady said we should both grow out our hair because: "our hair is our antenna to God

Oookaayyyy then....🤣 Interesting image

• Like 6
20 hours ago, Jinkx said:

I honestly think it will be nice, seeing as I live in Southern California and it's starting to warm up again. ☺️ Just have to remember more sunscreen now. 

I'm in SoCal too and the weather's been a crazy rollercoaster.  lol

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Light02 said:

I don't think we need to look for logic in that lady's words, she was reaaally weird. I mean, at one point she asked my friend what their name is and when they answered, giving her their birth name which is a girl's name the woman was shocked that they weren't a boy and started poking their chest to see if they had boobs. 💀💀 Thankfully, my friend didn't mind, they just started laughing harder. Then the lady said we should both grow out our hair because: "our hair is our antenna to God" 😭. She also talked about how when you massage the ear that's an energy center that wakes you up and she demonstrated by massaging my friend's ear... She also said to me: "If this was my bus, I'd take you as my daughter. I'd give you a present for your birthday but I don't have anything." She got off as soon as possible.

Wow... just wow...

I guess it really is true that everyone is unique...

• Like 3
Anthracite_Impreza

If that's true why don't I have god on speeddial?

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Light02 said:

I don't think we need to look for logic in that lady's words, she was reaaally weird. I mean, at one point she asked my friend what their name is and when they answered, giving her their birth name which is a girl's name the woman was shocked that they weren't a boy and started poking their chest to see if they had boobs. 💀💀 Thankfully, my friend didn't mind, they just started laughing harder. Then the lady said we should both grow out our hair because: "our hair is our antenna to God" 😭. She also talked about how when you massage the ear that's an energy center that wakes you up and she demonstrated by massaging my friend's ear... She also said to me: "If this was my bus, I'd take you as my daughter. I'd give you a present for your birthday but I don't have anything." She got off as soon as possible.

WTF That's legit sexual harassment.  No one is entitled to touch someone's body without consent in order to satisfy their curiosity.  If a random stranger touched my chest I would've punched them square in the face.

I know your friend didn't mind, but I'm assuming they also didn't ask for it.  That interaction was not okay.

• Like 6
5 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

If that's true why don't I have god on speeddial?

Probably because They blocked your number... 😃

• Like 2
Anthracite_Impreza
Just now, StomachGod said:

Probably because They blocked your number... 😃

I feel so unloved :'c

4 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

I feel so unloved :'c

I am sure there is someone who loves you... sadly not everyone will...

Such is life!

4 hours ago, AceOfHearts_85 said:

WTF That's legit sexual harassment.  No one is entitled to touch someone's body without consent in order to satisfy their curiosity.  If a random stranger touched my chest I would've punched them square in the face.

I know your friend didn't mind, but I'm assuming they also didn't ask for it.  That interaction was not okay.

Yeah, it's for sure sexual harassment and if it'd happened to me I would have started crying. I know it's not okay but what is there to do, especially considering the person being touched didn't care, they were just laughing hysterically. (The whole interaction was quite funny, though, you've got to admit.)

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Light02 said:

Yeah, it's for sure sexual harassment and if it'd happened to me I would have started crying. I know it's not okay but what is there to do, especially considering the person being touched didn't care, they were just laughing hysterically. (The whole interaction was quite funny, though, you've got to admit.)

I personally can't find any humor in it.  People like that think they can get away with saying and doing whatever they want to LGBT+ individuals.  I would've reported her for inappropriate conduct.

• Like 3
On 3/17/2019 at 2:21 AM, AceOfHearts_85 said:

I personally can't find any humor in it.  People like that think they can get away with saying and doing whatever they want to LGBT+ individuals.  I would've reported her for inappropriate conduct.

I'm sorry to say but that's not how it happens in my country. Nobody would care, especially not the police, trust me.

• Like 1
no-longer-in-use
32 minutes ago, Light02 said:

I'm sorry to say but that's not how it happens it my country. Nobody would care, especially not the police, trust me.

Well that's horrible. I'm sorry :( 

• Like 1

Huh I've been thinking about why I didn't have the "Damn that's sexual assult" reaction to what happened to @Light02's friend and I realised that I'd been putting myself in their shoes. And if someone did that to me, because my gender hovers around the "guy" region, and I would usually be binding or wearing sports bra+ thick jumpers; my reaction would be what you'd get if you poked any guy in the chest. Rude, but not sexual because there's nothing of sexual significance there (or at least I do an OK job at convincing myself there's nothing there).

Well that was an unexpected insight into my body image and gender.

• Like 4
18 hours ago, Celyn said:

Huh I've been thinking about why I didn't have the "Damn that's sexual assult" reaction to what happened to @Light02's friend and I realised that I'd been putting myself in their shoes. And if someone did that to me, because my gender hovers around the "guy" region, and I would usually be binding or wearing sports bra+ thick jumpers; my reaction would be what you'd get if you poked any guy in the chest. Rude, but not sexual because there's nothing of sexual significance there (or at least I do an OK job at convincing myself there's nothing there).

Well, yeah, the lady definitely wasn't touching my friend in a sexual manner, she was mainly being rude (but it's still quite inappropriate). And I'm glad my story gave you an unexpected insight into your body image 😃!

Personally, when people poke/touch my chest (because it's happened to me, too) I freak out and I get soooo dysphoric, I wish I felt like you, Celyn!

• Like 3