TransWhatevers of AVEN

asexual cake

Yes indeed, Tobs. I actually managed to find eyeliner which matches the color of my hair almost perfectly (as I purchased it to darken my eyebrows - mine have always been lamentably tiny, as if I were in the habit of actively keeping them slim and appropriately (ha) feminine; actually, once one of the women of my church lamented to me that she wished her eyebrows were like mine because I "didn't have" to pluck/trim/whatever people do - needless to say, this wasn't an especially welcome comment, but ah well).

Also, yes. The only thing better than a Transyada Skype party would be a Transyada meatspace party, which appears to be (lamentably! oh, so lamentably!) impossible as of now.

P is for...

Also, yes. The only thing better than a Transyada Skype party would be a Transyada meatspace party, which appears to be (lamentably! oh, so lamentably!) impossible as of now.

well, it goes without saying that a meatspace party would be infinitely superior; but life is long, dear Pugnacioun. just because it won't happen this year doesn't mean it won't ever happen. keep the faith, soldier.

P is for...

Can I invite a buddhist monk?

He's my friend.

He's from Tibet!

yes, but is he a Buddhist monk and a Transyada? that is the salient question, young Valentine.

Bad Patient

I know I first talked about in in the "what are you thinking" tread, but I'm moving the subject here because I can.

As I've threatened, I bought eyeliner today, clumsily applied it, stepped back to observe the results — and, to my surprise, I was happy with the way I looked. I didn't really think I could pull off eyeliner, but it actually looks quite good on me! Take that, gender normativity. If I can look good in eyeliner, anyone can.

I'll probably post pictures when I learn to apply it properly, because right now it's all smudged and unsymmetrical and whatnot. Any tips on how to apply it?

I'm really interested to see that!

I did read your post on it in the other thread and made a mental note saying "remember to buy eyeliner!", because I actually want to try it too - but alas, the note got lost somewhere and I forgot to buy it today. Oh well. Tomorrow then! :)

Can you buy brown eyeliner?

Eh, I should have known I wouldn't be able to stop myself from picture whoring.

Snapshot_20100805.jpg

This is, I think, my first attempt, which was worse than the second one, but better than the third one. Yes, I put eyeliner on three times today because I wanted to practise a little. Please disregard the enormous red spot on my forehead and the red bits near my mouth. Stupid shaving, making my face red. I moisturise my skin after shaving, but some part of it always turns red.

This video, if I'm not mistaken, shows the results of my third attempt.

Woo eyeliner! I like how it looks on me, but I have to practise a lot more. I'm going out with my friends on Saturday, maybe I'll try to wear it then. And once I feel that I'm sufficiently skilful in applying eyeliner, I'll try buying it in purple/pink/violet.

And by the way, I told my friend on Skype I was wearing eyeliner and her reaction was: "That's so cool. Everybody should wear eyeliner once in their lifetime".

I met one of best friends tonight and told her about asexuality, androgyny and whatdoyouknow - she found it "SO interesting!" and asked me tons of relevant questions, so now I'm all high on love for her.

Bad Patient; I saw your picture first thing when I got on AVEN, and immediately started laughing - because you're so cool! (and because I'm in a funny mood) Wow it'd be awesome if I could pull it off as well as you do :)

Yes indeed, Tobs. I actually managed to find eyeliner which matches the color of my hair almost perfectly (as I purchased it to darken my eyebrows - mine have always been lamentably tiny, as if I were in the habit of actively keeping them slim and appropriately (ha) feminine; actually, once one of the women of my church lamented to me that she wished her eyebrows were like mine because I "didn't have" to pluck/trim/whatever people do - needless to say, this wasn't an especially welcome comment, but ah well).

Brilliant! I'll see if I can find an eyeliner that matches my hair tomorrow then ;)

Percy McKean

Eh, I should have known I wouldn't be able to stop myself from picture whoring.

Snapshot_20100805.jpg

This is, I think, my first attempt, which was worse than the second one, but better than the third one. Yes, I put eyeliner on three times today because I wanted to practise a little. Please disregard the enormous red spot on my forehead and the red bits near my mouth. Stupid shaving, making my face red. I moisturise my skin after shaving, but some part of it always turns red.

This video, if I'm not mistaken, shows the results of my third attempt.

Woo eyeliner! I like how it looks on me, but I have to practise a lot more. I'm going out with my friends on Saturday, maybe I'll try to wear it then. And once I feel that I'm sufficiently skilful in applying eyeliner, I'll try buying it in purple/pink/violet.

And by the way, I told my friend on Skype I was wearing eyeliner and her reaction was: "That's so cool. Everybody should wear eyeliner once in their lifetime".

Caution: Candid reaction ahead.

Damn, that's some good looking asexiness right there! That get's any hotter, it'll burn the camera!

Apologies. I mean, very nice, very nice...

Percy McKean

Okay. Transyada skype party. P says it needs to be before summer ends, and of course we all do what P says.

*snorts*

*chuckles*

*out-and-out guffaws*

*wipes tears of laughter* Oh, golly. Sorry, P, I tried to keep a straight face, but I failed. Still think you're classy though. Now that all that is over with, the skype party does need to happen before the summer ends mainly for the convenience of those of us who are in school, teach at schools, or just don't want to be bothered with it once autumn gets underway. So, do I hear suggestions for a day? For me the 12-17 of August show potential. What about the rest of you transyadas?

P is for...

Okay. Transyada skype party. P says it needs to be before summer ends, and of course we all do what P says.

*snorts*

*chuckles*

*out-and-out guffaws*

*wipes tears of laughter* Oh, golly. Sorry, P, I tried to keep a straight face, but I failed. Still think you're classy though. Now that all that is over with, the skype party does need to happen before the summer ends mainly for the convenience of those of us who are in school, teach at schools, or just don't want to be bothered with it once autumn gets underway. So, do I hear suggestions for a day? For me the 12-17 of August show potential. What about the rest of you transyadas?

Percy, i can't help but notice that once you finished having a hearty laugh at my expense, you still ended up doing what i said in the first place.

why? because the fact that the lot of you will be going back to school and whatnot in September was exactly my point. good heavens. the only reason anyone does what i say is because what i say makes sense.

for pity's sake. just because i'm a Dictator doesn't mean i'm a random, stupid one. no wonder you're just lowly Famine.

asexual cake

I begin school again next Wednesday. However! I get home most days by 4:30 in the afternoon, and, due to a spectacularly easy class schedule (no, really - I have perhaps two classes that will require any work) I doubt I will have homework, and even if I do... well, I just can't be bothered to put much effort in.

(I'm kidding! ... mostly)

So, yes. I'm available most days in the afternoon and I do not have class on the twentieth.

Lord Dandylion

Looks great, 'specially in the video (I can't hear the vid right now, so I have no idea what it's about lol), and the pic was MUCH better than my first attempt (and my brother's. He needed some for a Halloween costume and my dad thought that he just needed to draw around the eye... yes.. around it. Like a huge ugly circle. Ewwwww) Congrats, whoo!

And as for putting it on several times, believe me, I've done the same. I wanted to learn to wear make-up (but usually I just put it on for fun in the comfort of my own home) and end up doing some wild freak-o stuff with it (not the creative cool stuff.. the 'wtf is this' stuff, lol) and/or just put it on and take it off, so it's not at all weird to want to try a few times for practice. Makes more sense than doing it just for the hell of it like I do XD

Percy McKean

Percy, i can't help but notice that once you finished having a hearty laugh at my expense, you still ended up doing what i said in the first place.

why? because the fact that the lot of you will be going back to school and whatnot in September was exactly my point. good heavens. the only reason anyone does what i say is because what i say makes sense.

for pity's sake. just because i'm a Dictator doesn't mean i'm a random, stupid one. no wonder you're just lowly Famine.

Woah, woah, woah. Just because I laugh at you doesn't mean I can't agree with you. I'm not an ungrateful co-P-pocalypse-person. We'll see how easy it is to dictate when you've been sans cake for a few months. Lowly famine, huh? You'll be snarking out of the other side of your stomach...

Lord Dandylion

Excuse me, Percy, but don't you think depriving a person of cake is taking it a tad bit far? I mean, that's torture. :(

In other news This link that I found via Facebook (yes, I'm one of those annoying people that joins groups/likes everything in existance) was one that made me smile :3

Percy McKean

Excuse me, Percy, but don't you think depriving a person of cake is taking it a tad bit far? I mean, that's torture. :(

P is a dictator. If you can't handle the political unrest of your cabinet (or wardrobe for that matter), and the possibility of being cake deprived, then don't play the game.

P is for...

P is a dictator. If you can't handle the political unrest of your cabinet (or wardrobe for that matter), and the possibility of being cake deprived, then don't play the game.

well said, Percy. and besides, what's the use in being a Dictator if you're not able to stockpile confectionery in a massive concrete bunker in a location so remote and forbidding that even freakin' Famine can't find it?

Pugnicioun, I'll be joining you in your starting school. Too bad I have two honors classes and well...math. French III honors for a sophmore isn't going to be amazingly easy.

Aaaanyway, I'm fashionably late to the skype discussion, but I'll leave my input anyway: It's too bad I am a technology dork and have no webcam nor a skype, and am smack-dab in the middle of America. I feel lonely.

As for eyeliner? I've sworn to never wear makeup EVER, even when my mom begs me to. NEVAAAAAR!

Professor T. Pollution

I have no skype tools, but, assuming P is in a benevolent mood, I could in theory go over to P's for the virtual shindig. I'm free...most of the time I believe, at the very least after noon.

P is for...

I have no skype tools, but, assuming P is in a benevolent mood, I could in theory go over to P's for the virtual shindig. I'm free...most of the time I believe, at the very least after noon.

"in theory". yeeeeess....

I didn't really question Ling about his sexual preferences, he's a MONK so I didn't think it mattered.

He does have Skype, though, because Buddhist monks are on the BLEEDING EDGE of technology. Can the POPE fix cars? No, but the Dalai Lama can!

I WILL do this Skype thing. In fact, my dear SISTER has Skype, can I invite her as well?

P is for...

I didn't really question Ling about his sexual preferences, he's a MONK so I didn't think it mattered.

Valentine... how have you been here this long and not yet grasped that Transyadaism has absolutely zero to do with sexual preferences?!

you obviously require remedial training, my young friend. please return to the head of the thread and start again. there will be a test at the end. you may begin.

Lord Dandylion

Am I the silly behind-the-times loser that has to say that I don't know how Skype even works? Hmm, I suppose I am.

You do video calls, right?

How do you get so many videos from so many people at once?

Or is it just to be audio?

I think I have Skype on MY laptop (which is currently being fixed. Stupid chargerthingy), but I didn't know anyone that used it, so I didn't use it either, heh.

Bad Patient

Caution: Candid reaction ahead.

Damn, that's some good looking asexiness right there! That get's any hotter, it'll burn the camera!

Apologies. I mean, very nice, very nice...

Oh my. Thank you!

Looks great, 'specially in the video (I can't hear the vid right now, so I have no idea what it's about lol), and the pic was MUCH better than my first attempt (and my brother's. He needed some for a Halloween costume and my dad thought that he just needed to draw around the eye... yes.. around it. Like a huge ugly circle. Ewwwww) Congrats, whoo!

And as for putting it on several times, believe me, I've done the same. I wanted to learn to wear make-up (but usually I just put it on for fun in the comfort of my own home) and end up doing some wild freak-o stuff with it (not the creative cool stuff.. the 'wtf is this' stuff, lol) and/or just put it on and take it off, so it's not at all weird to want to try a few times for practice. Makes more sense than doing it just for the hell of it like I do XD

Thanks! Trust me, it's hard for me to stop myself from doing weird stuff with the eyeliner. Like, try to replicate Zimmy's look (from "Gunnerkrigg Court").

As for eyeliner? I've sworn to never wear makeup EVER, even when my mom begs me to. NEVAAAAAR!

Tobs and me will wear it so that you don't have to. Y'know, to preserve balance in the nature.

I think I'm slowly getting better at this, except I always seem to make the lines super thick and I have no idea how to make them thinner. But eh, I don't mind it that much. I probably have a pretty lame pencil, too.

Oh, and I went out in public with eyeliner on today! Sure, it was only to the nearby shop and back, but it felt nice.

I should probably cease hijacking this thread and start a new one. The Guyliner Thread. And yeah, I guess "guyliner" isn't the most fortunate of terms, but I love the completely unnecessary portmanteau.

P is for...

I think I'm slowly getting better at this, except I always seem to make the lines super thick and I have no idea how to make them thinner. But eh, I don't mind it that much. I probably have a pretty lame pencil, too.

I should probably cease hijacking this thread and start a new one. The Guyliner Thread. And yeah, I guess "guyliner" isn't the most fortunate of terms, but I love the completely unnecessary portmanteau.

just make sure you sharpen the pencil regularly, Bad Patient (if you don't have a sharpener, you ought to be able to get one at the same cosmetics department at which you bought the eyeliner), both to keep it sharp so you can get a finer line and also to avoid potential eye infection or irritation (the pencil can pick up bacteria from contact with the skin).

no worries about hijacking the thread, either; i think we're all delighted to hear about your and Tobs' ongoing adventures at the cosmetic counter. by all means, continue to let us live vicariously through you. all gender-realted experiments are more than welcome here.

(and i do believe prettyeyes has also referred to it as "guyliner" somewhere in this thread. i think it's the accepted term; and besides, i'm a sucker for a good portmanteau word too.)

Lord Dandylion

Heh... I've never owned a sharpener. I have some brown eyeliner that I just wore this week that I have...... heh, never sharpened. It's getting to the point where, well... it's very difficult to use. It's a great skill, using unsharpened eyeliner and somehow making it look good on you. I think it also helps that the eyeliner itself doesn't suck.

Bad Patient

Actually, I bought an automatic pencil, which I think theoretically doesn't require sharpening — and wasn't sharp per se in the first place. Which is a good thing, because then I probably would have stabbed myself in the eye, with my luck. The pencil doesn't look like I could use a regular sharpener on it. What a queer device.

asexual cake

Actually, I bought an automatic pencil, which I think theoretically doesn't require sharpening — and wasn't sharp per se in the first place. Which is a good thing, because then I probably would have stabbed myself in the eye, with my luck. The pencil doesn't look like I could use a regular sharpener on it. What a queer device.

I see what you did there.

Unless you didn't do what I think I saw you do, in which case ... just go with it.

Bad Patient

Well, I was quoting (or perhaps paraphrasing? it's been a while) a confused Salad Fingers trying to work out the purpose of a pram, as well as alluding to the contemporary meaning of the word "queer". I make it work on two levels because I'm so clever. *pouts*

Professor T. Pollution

Thanks! Trust me, it's hard for me to stop myself from doing weird stuff with the eyeliner. Like, try to replicate Zimmy's look (from "Gunnerkrigg Court").

No, don't stop yourself! Do it! Zimmy is awesome! *attempts to whistle 'Stress'* (Zimmy's official themesong, by Justice)