TransWhatevers of AVEN

butterflydreams
1 minute ago, Autumn McJavabean said:

I prefer to live without the label, but I am. :/ I wish I wasn't, just to be born female would have been nice.

All the feels <3 I'm right there with you.

• Like 2

On the bright side of trans women, I believe the first birth occurred from an uterus transplant, which is a very powerful and big step for trans women to give potential birth (the pelvis is my biggest possible worry), as well as a head transplant being done later this year. All we need is that to be good and/or brain transplant to be succesful and life will be so much easier. That's my pipedream at least.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Autumn McJavabean said:

On the bright side of trans women, I believe the first birth occurred from an uterus transplant, which is a very powerful and big step for trans women to give potential birth (the pelvis is my biggest possible worry), as well as a head transplant being done later this year. All we need is that to be good and/or brain transplant to be succesful and life will be so much easier. That's my pipedream at least.

Oh cool are they doing uterus transplants now? 

And what would be a head transplant ?

Is it the brain ?

Just now, :)(: said:

Oh cool are they doing uterus transplants now? 

And what would be a head transplant ?

Is it the brain ?

They are, they did so in Texas and the first one to have a successful birth was recent.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/02/health/uterus-transplant-baby.html

A head transplant is cutting the head off completely and freezing the bottom to keep it alive and putting it on a new body. A brain transplant is similar but it removes the entire brain and puts it in a new head.

If you want a female face and body, that's the way to go.

One way we could do this is by getting a clone and at the DNA level, change the chromosomes to female, if you were originally born male, while it's still forming. This will allow it to reproduce the rest of the cells in the same way from my knowledge thus giving you the body of the opposite sex. Then simply transfer the brain.

In order for that to happen though you have to change the chromosomes when there's like one or two cells, iirc. That is the most efficient and money saving way. Then the duplication should follow as XX or XY, depending on what you want.  You'd likely have to let the body grow, maybe even grow to transplant, of course.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Autumn McJavabean said:

I prefer to live without the label, but I am. :/ I wish I wasn't, just to be born female would have been nice.

I don’t know how off topic this is but when you said this it reminded me of this book?

( I couldn’t get the picture) 

-The title was You are special.

it was the one with puppets and stickers. 

And their was this one puppet that ignored the sticker and stuff. The I prefer to live without the label reminded me of that. Cuz the sticker fell right of the pupet .

It’s still by favorite children’s book.

Have you read it when u were a kid?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Autumn McJavabean said:

They are, they did so in Texas and the first one to have a successful birth was recent.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/02/health/uterus-transplant-baby.html

A head transplant is cutting the head off completely and freezing the bottom to keep it alive and putting it on a new body. A brain transplant is similar but it removes the entire brain and puts it in a new head.

If you want a female face and body, that's the way to go.

One way we could do this is by getting a clone and at the DNA level, change the chromosomes to female, if you were originally born male, while it's still forming. This will allow it to reproduce the rest of the cells in the same way from my knowledge thus giving you the body of the opposite sex. Then simply transfer the brain.

In order for that to happen though you have to change the chromosomes when there's like one or two cells, iirc. That is the most efficient and money saving way. Then the duplication should follow as XX or XY, depending on what you want.  You'd likely have to let the body grow, maybe even grow to transplant, of course.

Thanks your response made me more super happy. Because this is what I want to go into in bioengineering. I am mostly looking into  the sex cell part. Like getting female sperm and male eggs. ( I’m still in high school tho I have a ways to go.) Thanks for the link too. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, butterflydreams said:

Anyone else ever just get tired of being trans? Tired of the whole fight? I'm really depressed.

With the support I get in general, I don't mind it that much, but part of me was thinking about teaching English in Korea for a year if doctoral apps don't go as hoped, and realizing "oh shit, I'm trans" complicates things way more than it should. Kind of a bummer for someone interested in long-term international travel.

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Autumn McJavabean said:

I dreamed/thought of headtransplants onto a female body but it's so scary too :S.

I don't feel like wanting to have a baby though, mainly because of how I view the world and I don't want to put my child on it. I wish for so much better for this world. But all I see we're drifting further away from it. :( 

Wish we had this character editor before we were born, and world selection too.

Meh, something like in the Avatar movie would be much better than a head /brain transplant. 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, :)(: said:

Thanks your response made me more super happy. Because this is what I want to go into in bioengineering. I am mostly looking into  the sex cell part. Like getting female sperm and male eggs. ( I’m still in high school tho I have a ways to go.) Thanks for the link too. 

I wish you all the zeal with biotech. I was studying physics and didn’t take it... I lost the love for the subject completely. I hope to go back on day, but designing scientific software :P Automatising this tedious process of lab work and data analysis seems like an idea. 

• Like 4
butterflydreams
16 hours ago, Mezzo Forte said:

With the support I get in general, I don't mind it that much, but part of me was thinking about teaching English in Korea for a year if doctoral apps don't go as hoped, and realizing "oh shit, I'm trans" complicates things way more than it should. Kind of a bummer for someone interested in long-term international travel.

Interesting. Do you think things would be different if I had more support, especially from family? I don’t know how much that factors into everything. Obviously it’s not “good”. I do ok on my own I guess. Hard to believe I wouldn’t do better with more support though. I feel bad relying on friends as much as I do :( 

16 hours ago, Autumn McJavabean said:

On the bright side of trans women, I believe the first birth occurred from an uterus transplant, which is a very powerful and big step for trans women to give potential birth (the pelvis is my biggest possible worry),

This is indeed promising, but I doubt it’ll be affordable or attainable for me. It makes more sense to make peace with the fact that I’ll never be able to have my own children. It’s heartbreaking, but it’s part of what my life is. People tell me there are other ways to be a mom. I hope so. I’d make a great mom, I just know it.

• Like 3

I am sure you would @butterflydreams with everything you have gone through i am sure that you would be open, caring and a loving mom.

• Like 4
30 minutes ago, butterflydreams said:

Interesting. Do you think things would be different if I had more support, especially from family? I don’t know how much that factors into everything. Obviously it’s not “good”. I do ok on my own I guess. Hard to believe I wouldn’t do better with more support though. I feel bad relying on friends as much as I do :( 

This is indeed promising, but I doubt it’ll be affordable or attainable for me. It makes more sense to make peace with the fact that I’ll never be able to have my own children. It’s heartbreaking, but it’s part of what my life is. People tell me there are other ways to be a mom. I hope so. I’d make a great mom, I just know it.

True, that's why I'm waiting for someone who wants a test subject. I'll take the risk. #ForScience

• Like 3
1 hour ago, butterflydreams said:

I think the support makes a big difference. I only really notice my trans-ness when something calls attention to it, and I'm at the point where I can take being recognized as male completely for granted. My friends, family, and peers are my most significant social circles at the moment, so being recognized as male by them actually makes a bigger difference than being recognized that way by strangers. Plus, I have dear friends who I can vent to who can really understand my thought process without being trans themselves, and that makes my experience that much less alienating. That said, being recognized as male even by complete strangers is nice, but those interactions only take up so much of my day, and most the people in my life were aware of my pre-transition self in some capacity, and their support makes it that much easier.

Good friendships often involve mutual emotional support. I sometimes feel bad throwing so much on my friends, but I also try to stay in the habit of framing this in a positive light, actively thanking them for the help. With my dearest friends, I often remind myself that they wouldn't spend the time with me if they didn't want to, and I trust that their actions are genuine. I imagine that your friends can lean on you when they need it, so don't feel bad about leaning on your friends from time to time. :)

• Like 6
Calligraphette_Coe
23 hours ago, butterflydreams said:

Anyone else ever just get tired of being trans? Tired of the whole fight? I'm really depressed.

Mostly at this time of year. Instead of 'la dolce vita', it's more like 'la vita amara', living life as one of The Unlovables. Nowhere to go, no one to be with, doing Christmas things for other people and maybe getting a reciprocal gift certificate. Because really, what do you get one of the Unlovables? ( The Unlovables..... there's an idea for a depressing thread...)

Hurry up, Spring. I need some warmth-God knows they'll never let me have estradiol....

• Like 2
butterflydreams

Maybe it’s because I’m so wrapped up in trans issues myself, but it’s incredible to me that anyone out there could be so misinformed about what trans people are on a basic level. Or what it means to have basic respect for a person, regardless of whether or not they’re trans.

You wouldn’t ask about what a cis woman’s vagina was like, so why is it ok to ask about what I have down there? I’ll tell you why, because people think trans people are lesser. We’re inauthentic, liars and deceivers. Even when we’re honest about who we are.

I stood up to someone online today, asking about what I had in my pants before even asking my name. He ended up shooting me down after I called him on how rude it was. But just his asking, “so, do you have balls?” made me feel gross and objectified. I don't want to be a baby about it, but it triggered my dysphoria a little bit :( 

Why are people so horrible? If I wanted to be a smart ass, if some guy asks me about what’s in my pants, I’d just flip it around and say, “how big is your dick? I’m just curious what I’m getting in to here.” But no, I wouldn’t do that because I’m a half decent person.

• Like 4
On 12/10/2017 at 7:32 PM, butterflydreams said:

Yes. All the time.. So so much. I hate to just feel so uncomfortable and incomplete with who and what I am basically all the time.

And then the worst is the awareness that I'll probably always feel this way. Even if I don't and somehow someday I feel "okay" I know that I will never be "normal" and just not incomplete in some way you know? I think I'll always feel like a freak deep down when I really think about it.

That sounds harsh but it's probably some self-hate feeling I do have towards myself and my transness.

• Like 1
On 11-12-2017 at 12:32 AM, butterflydreams said:

Yeah.. I just want to bang my head against a wall because of it. I can't deny the amoisity surrounding the entire thing isn't getting to me too.

My wisdom teeth are gone! I handled this minor surgery pretty well, so I’m much less anxious about the outcome of a major surgery like top or even bottom.

• Like 7
The-world-is-quiet-here

I’m rereading and rewriting my old journals (I’m copying down all my gender stuff so it’s all in one notebook), and wow. The Dysphoria is (was?) strong. 

Tw internalized transphobia:

at one point, I literally wrote, “Why do I have to be like this? Why can’t I just stay one thing?” 

It’s kinda weird, cause I’m partially looking back at it as my gender thoughts when I was like, 17-ish, but it partially feels like I’m reliving it. It feels like I definitely remember how it felt to feel like that. 

On the other hand, it’s really cool to look back at my old writing and know that I’ve grown and changed since then (ba dum tssss, cause gender fluidity :)). I wish I could hug that younger version of me. 

• Like 4
butterflydreams

Why is it so hard to believe that other people care about you and would miss you if you were gone? 

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, butterflydreams said:

Why is it so hard to believe that other people care about you and would miss you if you were gone? 

Because human beings are complex things and they have depth far greater than you can see. Also sometimes people don’t realize how important something is till it’s gone.

They take things for granted...

• Like 1
Spoiler

testing (Gonna put a photo of myself trying to pass as a girl)

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Tortuga said:
  Reveal hidden contents

testing (Gonna put a photo of myself trying to pass as a girl)

We’ll anticipate it!!

• Like 2
Just now, ChillaKilla said:

We’ll anticipate it!!

one sec- new to all this... photo, work plz

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

one sec- new to all this... photo, work plz

I like to use postimages.org and just paste the direct link between the spoiler quotes ^_^ 

• Like 2
Calligraphette_Coe
14 hours ago, ChillaKilla said:

My wisdom teeth are gone! I handled this minor surgery pretty well, so I’m much less anxious about the outcome of a major surgery like top or even bottom.

Were they impacted? Both of my lowers were, and I had them both out with local instead of general. ::::shivers:::: I still remember this. And being all swelled up like a chipmunk for about a week both times. Because of some of my medical anomolies, they don't like to do general on me.