TransWhatevers of AVEN

Captain_Tass
21 minutes ago, Broken Doll said:

I have asthma and had no bad experiences with a binder breathing wise. You can get them as a top so your stomach won't get pressed down if it's uncomfortable. Um.. I heard tape could cause damage if you don't do it the right way. Idk if it's true, tho. 

excuse my english I'm a bit tired

No worries, your english is fine!

The thing about tape is more about tape not meant for application on skin, ace bandages, and improper techniques, as far as I've learned. I saw a tutorial from a guy who'd been binding with transtape for 3 years, and he was fine and had no health issues.

But I really appreciate your input and prespective!

• Like 4
5 hours ago, iff said:

I am happy, I bought some feminine clothing online and was worried about sizes. They came today and fit very well.

Nice :D 

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
DarkStormyKnight

Been having a crisis over gender lately and found some clarity last night, I'm starting to think I vibe a lot with androgyny and the idea of blending together masculinity and femininity. Decided to update the profile accordingly! 🎉

• Like 5

It's possible that I could try to be androgyn too, actually. People said I have seemed feminine, not that I know what about me qualifies as feminine and what doesn't. Someone once asked me if I was a boy or a girl, and I'll forever remember that moment. or something. 

• Like 3
On 9/29/2010 at 9:25 PM, prettyeyes said:

I found out I have scoliosis and my doctors knew three years ago but conveniently forgot to tell me all this time. :evil:

Yeah, that’s basically what happened to me, too.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

I was watching Jeopardy! yesterday. It was a second chance contest, where contestants who were on the show before, but lost, were called back to play again.

One contestant, Rowan Ward, who played yesterday is nonbinary. They came out after they played the first time, and now is competing with their new name.

Also, Rowan won yesterday.

https://www.advocate.com/television/2022/10/26/nonbinary-contestant-rowan-ward-jeopardy-second-chance-tourney

• Like 4

Science News had some recent articles highlighting various "up and coming" scientists, and I noticed one article used singular they for one of the scientists covered, without making a deal about that part. That's how it should be, of course.

• Like 7

@daveb I think I found and read the article. Nice! Thanks, for the head's up. As part of a minority group(s), nonbinary, trans, etc. representation can feel important for other nonbinary, trans people, etc. to find and see others like themselves, to know they're not alone, etc.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, LeChat said:

As part of a minority group(s), nonbinary, trans, etc. representation can feel important for other nonbinary, trans people, etc. to find and see others like themselves, to know they're not alone, etc.

Yes, and even more so if it's handled as something normal, not remarked upon per se, if you know what I mean.

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
cryptid.goat.

i cant tell if this is the kind of thing ur supposed to post in like this or not, but i am trans and i am a whatever, so here i am

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Honestly dunno what I am.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Waiting times in the uk for trans gender services

608624.jpg?b64lines=IE5PVyBXRQogUExBWSBU

• Like 2
Janus the Fox

Waiting time for UK mental health services

• Like 2
23 hours ago, iff said:

Waiting times in the uk for trans gender services

46 minutes ago, Janus the Fox said:

Waiting time for UK mental health services

Must be due to the general belief that the British just love to queue.

It is extremely frustrating nonetheless.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
oceancrestgloo

Haven't visited here in a while.

Anyway, I came out to my parents that I'm trans yesterday. I had to explain that fertility isn't even a factor because I have 0 sex drive so I can't even have sex if I wanted to. 

Then my mom pointed out that I'm not into feminine clothes and makeup, and the irony is that my mom is 100% correct in that my preferred gender expression will always be masculine of center. It feels like uncharted territory how I genuinely need a female body while lying to my doctor about being binary trans so I can get MTF HRT on my own next week.

I feel so exempt from cisallo culture. I feel so vulnerable and privileged at the same time regarding my experiences, intersectionality, and upbringing. My last few years have been wildly great but also confusing, and I carry on regardless by running for student government on a whim and trying new activities like a glorious masculine princess. 

Feel free to ask me about anything above. I hope you have a wonderful weekend (and Thanksgiving if you celebrate that).

• Like 1