TransWhatevers of AVEN

MORE RUSSIAN YADAS!

Verka Serduchka

Serduchkaa.jpgauth-361-labelX.jpg

As a celebrity-female singer known for extravagant style + concerts. Always reffered to by female name as celebrity.

Biologically male; male identity hardly used - noone uses his/her name when they're in concerts/press. Rarely seen out of Verka character.

So I'm not sure as what to refer to them as; are they male identified or female identified or something else...

In any case. Pretty cool. Especially since I haven't heard of them getting crap about dressing as a woman - perhaps earlier in their career.

A few weeks ago I was at a conference where there was an entire panel on Verka Serduchka. The performer's name is Andrii Danilko [sorry Violet, I may not have transliterated that properly] and he has done a few other creative things under his own name, but none of them have been as successful as the Verka project; the character gets crap for a heck of a lot of things, including popularising a stereotypical image of small-town Ukrainians, nostalgia for Communism, and annoying the Russians. There's all sorts of gossip about Danilko's sexuality/gender (those concepts aren't really differentiated where he lives), which he doesn't talk about publicly, but Verka isn't an identity he uses offstage at all, it's more like Paul O'Grady and Lily Savage.

Verka is very popular in other ex-Soviet countries as well as in Ukraine (although had trouble in Russia a few years ago after seeming to sing 'Russia goodbye' at the Eurovision Song Contest...). Over half a dozen people have been arrested in Russia in the last decade for impersonating Verka Serduchka at fake concerts, which really feels like something straight out of Gogol...

This is the earworm from hell.

So, to disrupt the flow of fabulousness of previous content - but I have a question. So I have come across the idea of demigirl but only see it described here and no place else. Which is a shame cause I get that, or at least what I understand of the writing there but...

Does anybody else have info on this?

A Long Time Ago

So, to disrupt the flow of fabulousness of previous content - but I have a question. So I have come across the idea of demigirl but only see it described here and no place else. Which is a shame cause I get that, or at least what I understand of the writing there but...

As far as I know, that and demiguy are terms made up by the yadas, so there is no additional information on it. Hopefully, they will get onto the Definitions Master List soon where the terms will get more visibility and then maybe it will spread out into more common usage.

I personally identify as demigirl because I feel kind of like an female-agender blend by which I mean that I have no identification as male but have an identification as female that is not very strong.

Also, if you haven't been on here yet, welcome to the yadas. :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

As far as I know, that and demiguy are terms made up by the yadas, so there is no additional information on it. Hopefully, they will get onto the Definitions Master List soon where the terms will get more visibility and then maybe it will spread out into more common usage.

I personally identify as demigirl because I feel kind of like an female-agender blend by which I mean that I have no identification as male but have an identification as female that is not very strong.

Also, if you haven't been on here yet, welcome to the yadas. :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

female-agender blend sounds a fair bit like me - best I could come up with was some place fuzzy between female and agender. The fact that I'm XX and was assigned female at birth makes it a bit harder to figure stuff out. But this demigirl thing seems to fit. I think that sticks me in the yada side of cis right? Does that make a person able to claim both? Still, I tend to mull these things over for ages before taking another step for.... a few reasons. And I tend to like to have more fixed ideas on things parameters (no matter how flexible their borders) and have this giant fear of being seen as a pretender and insulting someone. But yeah, seems to fit so shall mull over.

In any case, I have been hearing a lot about how everyone here is so damned awesome. All the time.

A Long Time Ago

female-agender blend sounds a fair bit like me - best I could come up with was some place fuzzy between female and agender. The fact that I'm XX and was assigned female at birth makes it a bit harder to figure stuff out. But this demigirl thing seems to fit. I think that sticks me in the yada side of cis right? Does that make a person able to claim both? Still, I tend to mull these things over for ages before taking another step for.... a few reasons. And I tend to like to have more fixed ideas on things parameters (no matter how flexible their borders) and have this giant fear of being seen as a pretender and insulting someone. But yeah, seems to fit so shall mull over.

Don't worry about using an incorrect label too much. The big thing is that you don't read too much into one (not forcing oneself into it and ignoring anything else) and just go with what feels most accurate. If you say what you honestly believe to be correct, you have spoken truth even if you are incorrect (if you feel the a particular label fits best, you are not a pretender). Truth and lie are very separate from correct and incorrect. For example, if I honestly believe the moon is made of cheese and I say that it is made of rock, I lied even though I am by chance correct. Take your time and go with what you feel is right.

Also, you don't have to be gender variant at all to join the yadas. I know we have a few cis-gendered people and they are well received based on my observations over the last week or two (I'm relatively new to the yadas).

In any case, I have been hearing a lot about how everyone here is so damned awesome. All the time.

We try to be and we succeed at it.

Yeah, I'm just.... I have issues with this sort of thing. I spent months before I let myself say the term asexual in reference to myself cause I wanted to make sure it felt right and had to get out of 'they'll all think I'm pretending and hate me for it' mode. So.... yeah. And I'm just one of those who likes to have vague lines or diagrams in my head that may mush together or be big or allow osmosis but again, how my brain works and helps me deal with said issues.

Like, if C is 2.5 does that mean it goes with the 3s or the 2s or what when most are integers. Or, both? Or, if I'm talking to someone I don't know what is the protocol for it, how long you speak, how long you listen, when you shut up, when you leave a topic behind, how long is too long before you can bring something up again or when do you not talk again or.... and I have yet to have these down pat which means I'm still nervous talking to my brother in law at times. Doesn't help that I babble. So, yeah, having some grasp of these things helps usually lol. Even if it's a poor grasp.

Also, btw, love the take over of Tumblr you guys were doing a few weeks back. Seems to have stopped though. There needs to be a yada tumblr.

Yeah, there are definitely cisyadas, and people who identify as agender or are hovering between a few different names for what might be the same thing, right through to people who are committed to transitioning and others who are definitely living their lives as gender neutral... and a lot of us who still just don't know... part of the awesome is that it's OK not to be able to find a name for the way you identify, maybe the closest you can get at a particular time is knowing that you don't feel OMG I'M A WOMAN YAY! like most of your friends do and that that makes you different somehow. That too is absolutely fine and you'll certainly find people who are in the same position!

And I think that counts as a welcome, so, welcome :)

normal_101_1878.JPG

STAR TREK CAKE!

Holy mother of Valen Surak, that is the best cake ever. *stares at cake in awe*

And thanks *g* That does make sense, and help me feel less like an intruder. I would also bring cake but alas I have none ('tis sad) except the AVEN one so :cake: :cake: :cake:

I knew there were a few cis people on here, but I thought it was about two or something so that's good to hear. Along with the rest so, yeah. Thanks!

In the mean time, I spotted this on Tumblr, and as this is what happens in my house with me and is pretty funny in a 'so true' and geeky way, I bring this:

tumblr_lcmmylFWVq1qf1a72o1_500.png

I love flow diagrams. They're awesome. And venn diagrams.

In the mean time, I spotted this on Tumblr, and as this is what happens in my house with me and is pretty funny in a 'so true' and geeky way, I bring this:

[flow chart]

Ha, yes. My dad's like that with his DVD player, and now he's bought a flat screen TV with an integrated digital tuner, oh dear. That TV set is the single thing I get most calls about at work.

As for computers, my mum once called me from her office and spent 20 minutes in panic that she'd deleted Word from her work PC and couldn't restore it, when (as she was eventually able to explain) she'd actually minimised it and not noticed its icon in the task bar...

My dad grumbles about the remote for the TV and the DVD player, and the cable box, EVERY time he uses them. Without fail. Never mind that important buttons are always towards the centre and symbols are largely the same and text is clear and he's had them for years.

He had a similar thing with writing going missing in a word doc - till I told him how to undo. Seriously.

*headbangs*

Of course, any time I try to help he gets grumpy and offended like I'd tried to kill his cat. Err, dog, he's a dog person.

SherryGentleman

My dad grumbles about the remote for the TV and the DVD player, and the cable box, EVERY time he uses them. Without fail. Never mind that important buttons are always towards the centre and symbols are largely the same and text is clear and he's had them for years.

My parents are like this with remote controls too! We got a new tv a couple of years back and my mum complained for ages because the number for the dvd/video player was different to the one it had been on the last tv (7 rather than 6) and she still complains every time she has to set it to record something. My dad just disagrees with all forms of electrical technology, so we restrict his access to the remotes as much as possible for his own health!

As far as computers go my mum's actually given up trying to use them pretty much entirely, she can if she has to, but she finds them really slow, so every time she needs an e-mail sent or checked, or anything typed up she gets me to do it. Even though I'm at uni, and not living at home. The only time she ever calls me is when she wants me to check her e-mails for her!

Let's see, "babbles, likes flow charts and Venn diagrams, likes Star Trek cake, maybe not exactly on the gender binary but not sure"... Yep, it sounds like you'll fit right in with the rest of the yadas (even without that last point). :lol: (speaking as a cisyada - I'm male-bodied and male gendered, but I like some feminine things) Wise words from Am I human, too.

(oh, by the way, how are your thread-derailing skills?) ;)

Yes, the yadas are awesome and from what I've seen that also means you will fit in.

Welcome and have some more :cake:!

[flow chart]

Funny, true and geeky, yes. You just made my morning a bit better, thank you. And welcome!

STAR TREK CAKE!

Holy mother of Valen Surak, that is the best cake ever. *stares at cake in awe*

And thanks *g* That does make sense, and help me feel less like an intruder. I would also bring cake but alas I have none ('tis sad) except the AVEN one so :cake: :cake: :cake:

I knew there were a few cis people on here, but I thought it was about two or something so that's good to hear. Along with the rest so, yeah. Thanks!

tumblr_lcmmylFWVq1qf1a72o1_500.png

I love flow diagrams. They're awesome. And venn diagrams.

This flow diagram reminded me of an episode of The Big Bang Theory where Sheldon makes a flow chart for making friends.

Nalle Neversure

An announcement:

I have updated the Definitions Masterlist and added Binary's Bitch, Fancy, Demigirl and Demiguy. I also added a link to the yadaforum into the definition of Yada.

PS: P, you need to keep your blog going as it's part of the Masterlist now. :P

Anything else needs to be done?

-Nalle, Gender Modly person

oh, for pity's sake, Nalle. thanks for the pressure.

but it's probably a good idea anyway. i'll need some sort of method of working things out during the upcoming months.

Basil the Tired Aesthete

Glad I've caught your attention. P virtually ordered you and Basil to start up a conversation with me in my yadaforum introduction thread a few days back. Wouldn't want to neglect a Yadalord injunction, would you!

Oh dear, I should really sign in more often. Clearly I am guilty of gross negligence.

edit: Oh My Sweet Jesus, Russian Yadas FTW!

SherryGentleman

Glad I've caught your attention. P virtually ordered you and Basil to start up a conversation with me in my yadaforum introduction thread a few days back. Wouldn't want to neglect a Yadalord injunction, would you!

Oh dear, I should really sign in more often. Clearly I am guilty of gross negligence.

Ok, so pretty much totally irrelevant to everything, but this has been bugging me, and you just typed FTW, so I'm just going to put it here anyway! I was just wondering what people think FTW stands for (I had an argument with a few friends about this the other day and we couldn't agree and it's been getting on my nerves ever since)?

Oh, Basil, that's been resolved through other means as you well know. Clearly, as the object of that particular order, you're also privy to a certain exceptionalism.

Had the same FTW discussion a few days ago. I'm sure the standard usage is "For the Win," though "Fuck the World" was a close second during the debate.

Had the same FTW discussion a few days ago. I'm sure the standard usage is "For the Win," though "Fuck the World" was a close second during the debate.

Basically this for me too. Tho early on, I thought it meant "Fuck the what!?" lawl

An announcement:

I have updated the Definitions Masterlist and added Binary's Bitch, Fancy, Demigirl and Demiguy. I also added a link to the yadaforum into the definition of Yada.

Anything else needs to be done?

-Nalle, Gender Modly person

OMP FANCY GOT ACCEPTED AS A REAL GENDER.

This is amazing.

Also I want to be a mommy and have my boyfriend's babies but I'm unfortunately without a womb. I have cried. And I want breasts and curves and and a vagina and all those things girls are supposed to have so me and my boyfriend can be a normal hetero couple. He accepts my body and doesn't want sex (he's ace!) but I still feel like a very ugly girl. Even though he loves my body.

Also he believes I can be an artist. That is amazing because nobody has ever believed in me.

Why is my life such an intense mix of horrible and awesome right nao.

Nalle Neversure

I don't think I have the power to decide what's a "real" gender just by adding or not adding them to the Masterlist. Not saying I wouldn't like some extra powers, but... :twisted: :P

Also, Chaaaaaarles: UNICORNS!!

SherryGentleman

Basically this for me too. Tho early on, I thought it meant "Fuck the what!?" lawl

I always assumed it was For The Win, but the guy I was having the conversation with was convinced it was For The WORLD and given that I feel he's more likely to know I thought I'd check somewhere where people were totally impartial that I hadn't got it totally wrong, or that the meaning hadn't changed!

8) We haz Russian Yadas! (or videos of them, anyway)

Also, Chaaaaaarles: UNICORNS!!

Oh, and unicorns, too. :cake:

if only we could figure out what FTW means... :mellow:

Perhaps Nalle, as our peerless moderator, can answer that (not to put pressure on ya ;) ).

FTW means For Teh WIN or F the world, depending on historical context. In modern usage it means For The Win.

Trust me, I'm sixteen and I don't know anyone who uses the acronym differently.

Gho St Ory Qwan

I feel if I were born inter-sex that would have been correct. And I'd rather if that occurred, to have not had anything changed. I've never asked my mom, and I doubt I was for some reason, but even before 6 I suspected I might have been. lol I thought maybe I wanted to be a dude, but that didn't seem right either, it was always an in-between I wanted and it's annoying my body isn't. I can live with it though, I don't think being male bodied would change the feeling. So yeah, I'm floating in the gender soup and not attached to one or the other. I feel both and neither. (Y)